Akok Commits to UConn!!! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Akok Commits to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Yeah we always told you to have some faith in the this turnaround with a new coach like Hurley especially with our tradition.
True, Chief and others took a lot of flak from the nervous nelly’s, but we stayed true to our word. We had to let him do it his way with the blessing of Mass Rivals. More to come too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This was a great come back recruiting year no matter what happens with the other players we are chasing. Akok will make all the front court players better. UConn is back!

Reaction Score
So not only does he join the team this year, but he confirms the NBA stuff this year isn't happening and will be here in 2019.

Awesome! Hurley's first big recruiting win.
Im thrilled he's here but I'm even happier for the kid deciding to go to school and put off all that NBA nonsense for the time being. I like to see kids put themselves in position to succeed. I really hope this works out for him and of course us.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
What makes this land so great is that Akok was priority #1 for Sewer-Cuse. They were in to see him multiple times this summer. They have like a 100 page thread about him on their website.

C

Chief00

He can also enter the nba draft in June. I will believe it when he actually starts practice next October.

This sounds like something Calhoun would pull off and then the NCAA would have to put a new rule on the books. Love it!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I just read a link to a Syracuse article that said this: "In-state tuition for just one semester at Connecticut would be about $7,000 and he could receive financial aid."

The fact is, he doesn't have to take a full slate of classes to be a matriculated student. He could go half-time and pay half of the tuition. Players do this all the time anyway by enrolling in intersession and summer courses, then going light during the spring.

Attending Putnam qualifies for in state? He’s from NH. How’s that determined? Lately, he does get his mail in CT.

Reaction Score
Attending Putnam qualifies for in state? He’s from NH. How’s that determined? Lately, he does get his mail in CT.

Do they still do in-state for New England with reciprocal agreements?

Reaction Score
In the comment section of the article on Syracuse.com, some Cuse fan commented about Akok "not choosing a school in the best conference in the country with a hall of fame coach". Someone replied " Maybe he wanted to have a chance to win a championship?"

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Do they still do in-state for New England with reciprocal agreements?
Only if your major is not available in your home state schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom