Akok Commits to UConn!!! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Akok Commits to UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am now officially at the point where I don't care about players we missed in past years. UConn is back
This is what we look like to our haters.
1543699528140.png

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Great news!

Getting him ready for next year by enrolling in school is huge. He can practice and get use to the team speed and physicality of the college game

Reaction Score
Andrew Slater saying it might be a possibility he never plays for UConn. Well not in so many words but it doesn’t make sense for that to be the case right? Now since he’s not out playing less scouts are looking at him and from what I heard he hadn’t been impressive of late

Reaction Score
Really happy to hear he's not attempting to play next semester. It's not a huge deal if he did, but it's a bit of a red flag for me. Signals he wants to be here short term... as short term as possible.

As it stands this is about as perfect as recruiting can get. Potential NBA talent combined with extra time with the staff. This should provide a solid opportunity to have an immediate impact next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is special news. Dan really understands how important the narrative is. Add to this by knocking off Arizona tomorrow on national TV and UConn will firmly announce that there is no rebuild. We are back. Not later. Now.

Reaction Score
Andrew Slater saying it might be a possibility he never plays for UConn. Well not in so many words but it doesn’t make sense for that to be the case right? Now since he’s not out playing less scouts are looking at him and from what I heard he hadn’t been impressive of late

You're right. It doesn't make sense at this point. He was getting a little NBA buzz after performing well in the Bahamas but then struggled a bit at Hoop Hall under the microscope with more scouts in attendance. The best possible thing for him to do is redshirt so we are very lucky.

Reaction Score
You're right. It doesn't make sense at this point. He was getting a little NBA buzz after performing well in the Bahamas but then struggled a bit at Hoop Hall under the microscope with more scouts in attendance. The best possible thing for him to do is redshirt so we are very lucky.
Scouts would likely look down on his immediate NBA viability if he only is training/practicing from November through the end of the season. Very difficult to envision how his stock would rise during that time with zero games played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom