Akok Akok's defensive presents will make us an elite team | The Boneyard

Akok Akok's defensive presents will make us an elite team

Reaction Score
I think we need to temper our expectations. He had a serious injury and not a normal rehab with Corona.
Well, any blocks he contributes will be gifts to the team.

Reaction Score
Thankfully, the injury will not have shrunk the length of his arms. His offense (which wasn't consistent last year anyways) may take time to come around and get in the flow with others.

But his presence on defense will be felt immediately.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We’re already the best defensive team in conference and we don’t even have this defensive freak yet. Scary.

Reaction Score
Just work Akok back in. Keep giving minutes to Sanogo
akok is the only pure PF on the roster so he shouldnt directly impact sanogo and carlton's minutes. i'd like whaley to shift back to C exclusively, but he was really just starting and playing ~5 mpg alongside carlton or sanogo to begin with.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
akok is the only pure PF on the roster so he shouldnt directly impact sanogo and carlton's minutes. i'd like whaley to shift back to C exclusively, but he was really just starting and playing ~5 mpg alongside carlton or sanogo to begin with.

He and Tyrese will provide a lot of versatility at the 4 rotation. Tyrese being comfortable in a 30mpg role will let Akok really work his way back too--I'm sure he'll be on a minutes restriction.

Reaction Score

Akok has also logged many minutes at the five. Whaley has gotten minutes at the four and the five. My point is that Sanogo needs to see the floor to get better. Working Akok back in slowly will help Sanogo while protecting Akok. Keep your eyes on March.

Reaction Score
I hope we have more blowout wins the rest of the way so guys like Springs and Javonte Brown can see some minutes because we are going to have to depend on them next season. IDK how the roster is going to pan out with the NCAA giving Senior's and extra year of eligibility? But right now we have to assume that Whaley and Carlton will be gone next year and that leaves Akok, Sanogo, Martin, Springs, and Javonte as the big guys on the roster for 21-22. Javonte is a guy that came in with a decent amount of hype, but he essentially has not played at all so far.

Reaction Score
I hope we have more blowout wins the rest of the way so guys like Springs and Javonte Brown can see some minutes because we are going to have to depend on them next season. IDK how the roster is going to pan out with the NCAA giving Senior's and extra year of eligibility? But right now we have to assume that Whaley and Carlton will be gone next year and that leaves Akok, Sanogo, Martin, Springs, and Javonte as the big guys on the roster for 21-22. Javonte is a guy that came in with a decent amount of hype, but he essentially has not played at all so far.
Samson on the way next year

Reaction Score
Samson on the way next year
I forgot about Samson. I guess I don't think of him as a big because of his versatility and ability to shoot from the outside, but no doubt he will be a huge help.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I think we need to temper our expectations. He had a serious injury and not a normal rehab with Corona.

And then he says, “the Boneyard should temper our expectations!!”

9FEFB7B9-F052-49B7-9F90-32D99555353D.jpeg

Reaction Score
Akok has also logged many minutes at the five
and last year adams logged many minutes at the four but that was also only out of desperation. no reason for akok to play C with whaley carlton and sanogo. i'm saying this with an eye towards march too

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Cole-Gaffney
Bouk-Adams
Martin-Polley
Whaley-Akok
Sanogo/Carlton

Looks like we'd go 10 deep with Akok. Also assuming he'd have to work his way up from around 10 min per game. Deep team if more guys find some consistency, but the talent is here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom