Akok Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok

Reaction Score
Any updates on him? How's the Achilles? His minutes restriction going to be lifted? This guy is a huge facor in how well we do next season IMO. His defense as well as his ability to run the floor and finish behind the arc will be a major asset if hes gotten his explosion back.
The Achilles? It will never be the same. He would be better off with yours. Let’s see what he’s got. Rooting for him.

Reaction Score
The Achilles? It will never be the same. He would be better off with yours. Let’s see what he’s got. Rooting for him.
Durant had an achilles?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m going with young but agree on not amusing HFL.

Do the young find anything amusing? Aside from saying "OK boomer", which isn't amusing.

I don't like the speculation about recruiting over Akok. We already brought in Johnson at his spot. Akok is my favorite player on this team. I want him to become an absolute beast this year. To dominate. If he goes anywhere, hopefully it's the NBA because he just lead UConn to a 5th NC.

Reaction Score
Do the young find anything amusing? Aside from saying "OK boomer", which isn't amusing.

I don't like the speculation about recruiting over Akok. We already brought in Johnson at his spot. Akok is my favorite player on this team. I want him to become an absolute beast this year. To dominate. If he goes anywhere, hopefully it's the NBA because he just lead UConn to a 5th NC.

HH me saying “Ok Boomer”? You lost me.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
HH me saying “Ok Boomer”? You lost me.

Not you. Agree with you on more likely young. Added that they don't seem to find anything funny, except when they say "ok boomer".

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Not you. Agree with you on more likely young. Added that they don't seem to find anything funny, except when they say "ok boomer".
You think young people only find ok boomer funny? Do you know many young people?

Reaction Score
Akok's a very skinny guy. He has not shown he can stand up to the physicality yet.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You think young people only find ok boomer funny? Do you know many young people?

It was indeed a joke in itself. My daughter finds everything funny.

Reaction Score

They also find stupid, shallow, easy to produce tiktok videos funny. The stuff kids at school show me is devoid of any wit at all

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They also find stupid, shallow, easy to produce tiktok videos funny. The stuff kids at school show me is devoid of any wit at all
Lol, I love how 'old' this sounds given that you are likely a couple of decades younger than half the board.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Guys I said he was probably "old and unamusing" because he said the 20 mins joke is "old and unamusing." It's that old playground joke "I know you are but what am I?" It wasn't that deep.

Reaction Score
Right and wasn't one of those 2 injured? Never the same didn't apply to him I guess.
Yawn. Durant is a complete basketball player. One of the best ever. He has many tricks up his sleeve. AND he had EXCEPTIONAL surgical results. Look at Rudy Gay. No longer a perimeter player. Trust me, I’d love to be wrong.

Reaction Score
In less than 20 minutes the Boomer in me is going to explain why Akok is such an enormous piece to next yeas puzzle. The kid who was so athletic and bouncy his freshman year was slowly becoming a major impact. The kid we saw last year lost some of that and probably because of his achilles injury or at least we hope so. But if he gets back to his freshman athletic abilities, adds his natural maturity since we have a new recruit right. Little talk of who he can be especially if he starts shooting the ball at a 35% or higher clip from 3 and gets to the hoop on occasion.

Sorry to take this thread off it's beaten path but I can't wait to see if he's back to himself (and then some...) for the coming year!

Reaction Score
"Nearly all of UConn’s players are back on campus for summer courses.
Akok Akok is here and is said to be looking good.

IS AKOK AKOK OK?​

Since Akok Akok tore his left Achilles tendon in the first minute of a game against Memphis on Feb. 16, 2020, his health and ability to contribute has been one of the biggest question marks surrounding the Huskies.

Akok made it back to the floor less than a year later, a bit ahead of schedule though clearly not back to his old shot-swatting self. He had a few moments — a dunk, and the return of that megawatt smile in a Feb. 13 win at Xavier — but it soon was apparent he wasn’t ready to contribute a whole lot, particularly on defense. The staff weighed shutting him down for the rest of the season, and ultimately did, though he continued to dress and be on the bench for every game.

Dan Hurley has frequently noted that the 18-month mark from Akok’s surgery is about the time he could be truly 100-percent. That would be this August, meaning a healthy and effective Akok could be back in the rotation for UConn’s season-opener in early-November."

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Not to flex or anything but I'm tiktok famous. Went viral twice for some of the dumbest stuff that's ever been posted.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Guys I said he was probably "old and unamusing" because he said the 20 mins joke is "old and unamusing." It's that old playground joke "I know you are but what am I?" It wasn't that deep.

OK boomer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom