Akok Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ignoring the NBA possibility, never know what attracts kids to influence their decisions, just think whatever that something is for AA he hasn’t found it here at UConn. Maybe he wants a school in a different conference, a school with more recent success, maybe his personality didn’t click with our staff, it just appears to me that he doesn’t feel “it” - yet.
You're certainly entitled to feel that way, I just don't agree. It would be nice for him to make a decision on our time, but this is the biggest decision of his life. It makes sense he's taking his time. Other years I might agree, but the longer this goes on, the farther away from past UConn years we get and can point even more to Dan Hurley's UConn

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Seems logical. Also seems suspicious. Fair or not, recruitments like this rub me the wrong way. See Diallo, Hamidou.

This is a completely normal recruitment.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
See Diallo, Hamidou.

Gladly!

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 9.17.51 AM.png

Reaction Score
I am done with recruiting. The saga of these top 50 kids is worse than the worst soap opera. If they come, great, if not, at least I know we now have a coach who can coach up whoever wants to be here.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
My PSA contact just texted me this morning and said that Akok is really thinking seriously about the NBA. His coach believes he could benefit from a year of college but made it clear to Akok he’ll support him with whatever he wants to do. This can’t be good.

Reaction Score
Ignoring the NBA possibility, never know what attracts kids to influence their decisions, just think whatever that something is for AA he hasn’t found it here at UConn. Maybe he wants a school in a different conference, a school with more recent success, maybe his personality didn’t click with our staff, it just appears to me that he doesn’t feel “it” - yet.

I said much the same thing earlier this week and was advised to "step back from the edge", but you're right that all systems seemed go and recruiting was on a roll after Bouknight and Gaffney gave verbals, and then it was like the brakes went on with Akok, Cockburn and (before them) Achiuwa.
Hoping the plan to focus on only a small number of special recruits works out but it does seem "iffy" right now.

Reaction Score
I said much the same thing earlier this week and was advised to "step back from the edge", but you're right that all systems seemed go and recruiting was on a roll after Bouknight and Gaffney gave verbals, and then it was like the brakes went on with Akok, Cockburn and (before them) Achiuwa.
Hoping the plan to focus on only a small number of special recruits works out but it does seem "iffy" right now.
Take a look at where Gaffney and Bouknight are ranked and where Kofi, Akok, Achiuwa are ranked and you'll have your answer

Reaction Score
Happy that Bouknight and Gaffney are coming, love their games great fit guards better than their rankings.

Not happy we won't secure a big before this signing week ends but so be it. Hurley and the staff will be fine and do what they have to do no matter the scenario. What will help is to win and get better as the year moves on.

Reaction Score
If you’re referring to G League then yes. He’s so far from ready, it’s not funny.
“Ready” has nothing to do with it. NBA teams draft on potential, not production.

Reaction Score
Akok had 8 and 6 vs Montverde tonight. I wouldn’t say he jumped off the page this weekend. Hope he gets some honest feedback and does what’s in his best interest.
If a kid like Akok is seriously considering a jump to the NBA, honest feedback won't make a difference and outside forces will prevail. Seems like a soft spoken kid who wasn't sure what to say when interviewed by Borges. Still hope we get him but I am very curious to see if Hurley responds by offering other kids. I know Capel has.

I saw that Hurley will watch Bouknight and Tre Mitchell tomorrow. Is anyone(Tom Moore) watching Akok?

Reaction Score
Listening to him interview is pretty brutal. Kawhi like. Maybe worse. Great b-ball player tho.

You could see him clearly thinking that he didn't want to say which way he is leaning. He plain didn't want to answer those questions, but he didn't want to be rude either. Tough place to put a teenager. He believes it is not in his interest to honestly lay out his intentions.

In fact, this Georgetown tidbit is pretty wild in the midst of all this.

Reaction Score
If a kid like Akok is seriously considering a jump to the NBA, honest feedback won't make a difference and outside forces will prevail. Seems like a soft spoken kid who wasn't sure what to say when interviewed by Borges. Still hope we get him but I am very curious to see if Hurley responds by offering other kids. I know Capel has.

I saw that Hurley will watch Bouknight and Tre Mitchell tomorrow. Is anyone(Tom Moore) watching Akok?
It was reported that Tom Moore was there tonight and Hurley and Kimani will be there tomorrow for Mitchell and Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny

Top Bottom