Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok withdraws from Putnam Science Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This just proves how fluid recruiting is and why you can drive yourself crazy getting caught up in it. This kid was supposedly a lock for UConn and now all of a sudden this happens...

After Diallo, I'd never, ever count on a kid committing no matter how "in the bag" he supposedly is.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Somebody didn’t want to take final exams.

Reaction Score
Ultimately, it’s his choice to make, but it can be hard to sit back and watch a young person make a poor decision.

Reaction Score
He’ll make a little money this year, play in the G League for 2 years then play for peanuts in Norway or something.

I’m not mad at the kid, I just get angry we’ve got a system that encourages kids to make these insanely stupid decisions.

Reaction Score
If he really is “going pro”, the likely explanation is he or his family really need money and he/they cannot afford to wait another year and a half to possibly (not guaranteed) get that fat check. As we’ve discussed here, he is clearly not a G league player YET, so I assume he is looking overseas with the idea of eventually getting to the league. Sounds Like a tough predicament.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
adios to Akok?
Huge recruiting loss if he decides to go somewhere else where he can play or pro
This team and this HC needs quality bigs - BAD
Another kid who practically lives at UConn and spurns the program - this is getting unreal

Reaction Score
He’ll make a little money this year, play in the G League for 2 years then play for peanuts in Norway or something.

I’m not mad at the kid, I just get angry we’ve got a system that encourages kids to make these insanely stupid decisions.
THIS. I truthfully don’t care what route he chooses but make the right one. I’m not even being bias towards UConn.

Reaction Score
Mitchell Robinson couldn’t sit out a year and go round 1 and Akok expects to? I’m so lost here. Why would skipping organized basketball be a good move no matter what you intend on doing?
if he's withdrawing and doesn't go to college for the 2nd semester, and expects to get drafted, then he's getting terrible advice

Reaction Score
If Akok does indeed go pro, I wonder if this opens the door for Tre Mitchell. Sounded originally like Tre Mitchell would be given the green light if Kofi fell through/ didn't fit the time frame. But now with this news, who knows.

Reaction Score
adios to Akok?
Huge recruiting loss if he decides to go somewhere else where he can play or pro
This team and this HC needs quality bigs - BAD
Another kid who practically lives at UConn and spurns the program - this is getting unreal

I’d advise you to step back from the ledge, but I fear you may have already taken that leap.

Reaction Score
Sometimes you cannot afford to make the best long term investment. Playing overseas for the next year against better completion and getting paid isn’t the end of the world

Reaction Score
Just asked my friend if he has any clue what’s going on. To me this implies he wants to be done with school to prepare for the draft... just speculating but that’s the vibe I’m getting.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
College isn’t for everyone, unfortunately.

Also, PSA really hasn’t been kind to us given the proximity/assumed connection

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I’d advise you to step back from the ledge, but I fear you may have already taken that leap.
Thanks for the advise but you couldn't be more wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom