Akok Akok top five and OVs | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok top five and OVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
'11 was a way different year. I thought we were flat-out monstrously underrated. We were ostensibly overlooked early in the year, absolutely piss hammered like five or six top 20 teams, got off to a good start in the BE, forgot how to play basketball for 2 weeks or so, then figured it all back out in time for the tournament.

I'm really convinced that even if Kansas got past VCU that year. Or if Ohio State didn't flame out.... like those are the two teams that we really struggle with. But I still think we were the best team in the country that year.

'14 was flukey. Again, i'm not knocking those kids. They stepped up and beat a lot of good teams. But no one saw that coming. IN '11, those signs of that tournament run were there all year and even presented themselves for really long stretches of time. I thought we'd have a hard time getting by St Joe's and that the Villanova game would be ta-ta.

Not purposefully being pedantic, but "flukey" is not the right word. 'Surprising' is better. They got hot, and had the best player in the tournament, that's all it was.

'Flukey' is like backing into a title. They beat 3 of the Top 4 teams in that tournament (MSU, FL, UK) and 2 other very good ones (Nova, ISU). Nothing 'flukey' about that.

Reaction Score
Not purposefully being pedantic, but "flukey" is not the right word. 'Surprising' is better. They got hot, and had the best player in the tournament, that's all it was.

'Flukey' is like backing into a title. They beat 3 of the Top 4 teams in that tournament (MSU, FL, UK) and 2 other very good ones (Nova, ISU). Nothing 'flukey' about that.
Even St. Joe's was a conference champion and a pretty darn good team.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
'11 was a
'11 was a way different year. I thought we were flat-out monstrously underrated. We were ostensibly overlooked early in the year, absolutely piss hammered like five or six top 20 teams, got off to a good start in the BE, forgot how to play basketball for 2 weeks or so, then figured it all back out in time for the tournam. a

Felt like a long 2 weeks

C

Chief00

I’m sure the janitors in these types of places are a special kind of fraternity, right?
It’s not a good look putting down janitors. Know them by name, say hi and ask them how their day is going. Treat them with respect as if they were the President of the University.
But no that’s not my access.

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Akok Akok’s situation is clearer, as the top-35 forward is down to a final five of Providence, Georgetown, UConn, Syracuseand Pitt. While many believe that the Friars, Huskies and Orange are the three to beat, do not discount the Panthers here. They are much more involved with Akok than many think, and while it would still be a surprise to see Akok commit to the ACC program, his visit to Oakland could change things in the coming weeks.”

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Wednesday's Leftovers: Dishing on James Wiseman, UNC, more

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Akok Akok’s situation is clearer, as the top-35 forward is down to a final five of Providence, Georgetown, UConn, Syracuseand Pitt. While many believe that the Friars, Huskies and Orange are the three to beat, do not discount the Panthers here. They are much more involved with Akok than many think, and while it would still be a surprise to see Akok commit to the ACC program, his visit to Oakland could change things in the coming weeks.”

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Wednesday's Leftovers: Dishing on James Wiseman, UNC, more
So many articles about him use a lot of words to say nothing.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It’s not a good look putting down janitors. Know them by name, say hi and ask them how their day is going. Treat them with respect as if they were the President of the University.
But no that’s not my access.
"I am the eyes and ears of this institution my friends.
By the way, that clock's twenty minutes fast."

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score

It seems like Anthony Walker's recruitment has really shifted toward Miami, so I guess it's not surprising that Pitt would ramp up efforts with Akok Akok but...yeah, I don't see that happening. Even if you assume he is going to take the visit to Pitt, a mid-week OV in a dump like Oakland isn't likely to sway anyone.

Capel is going to get them onto the radar with guys they likely wouldn't have been in the past, but I have trouble seeing them closing on any of these guys this year or anytime soon. I know some of you in here who are far more knowledgeable than I am like Capel, but I just don't think he's going to be able to pull that shipwreck back above water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom