Akok Akok official visit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok official visit

Bost4

Mr. to you...
Reaction Score
Welcome. Don't take it too seriously and you'll do fine.
Thanks. I mostly enjoy lurking with some snark occasionally mixed in. I’m just so happy with the current state of this program with the hiring of Hurley and staff. The past 2-3 years led me to believe I’d be watching pre-87’/89’ UConn again.

Bost4

Mr. to you...
Reaction Score
I’m another fan and have been one since the seventies.
Nice. I started following each of my favorite teams by 83’. Only Whalers has changed...

Reaction Score
If he gets the time and the coaching he will be very good.

Yes, this is what I think also.

As @Matrim55 stated above his strengths defensively are his ability to be mobile and alter and block shots in and out of the post. 6:10 with length, hops, and quick feet he would have been great in the Syracuse 2/3 zone. Really hope he's coming here to use those same skills in Hurley's man pressure defense. Rebounds well.

Gets up and down the floor well and impacts both offensive and defensive transition.

Offensively he loves shooting, strokes the 3 at a decent clip, and in college will pull less mobile defenders outside, creating matchup problems and space inside. Akok with a midrange pull-up jumper and better post moves will be deadly, and he's going to need these skills to get to the NBA. He's working on putting the ball on the floor,, he has excellent coordination, and it looks like given time and coaching he has the potential to develop much more of an offensive game.

Man, I hope he comes here. His versatility at the 4 is just what we need.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams IG story shows a “Welcome to UConn” cake. Feel like we’ve seen this before from either the Gaffney or the Bouknight official visits. We all know how those visits ended. Probably means nothing...
A cake for Akok

Love it!

Kinda reminds me of Martin Short’s pronunciation in this movie
45376FCD-EDE9-478C-97A7-A2EEE2FEBCFE.jpeg

Reaction Score
So...about these "Welcome to UCONN" cakes...

Do all recruits on official visits get them or are they reserved for something more???

Reaction Score
So...about these "Welcome to UCONN" cakes...

Do all recruits on official visits get them or are they reserved for something more???
Yes, please help us interpret these signs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom