Akok 101 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akok 101

C

Chief00

from Dom Amore

Akok Akok update
A few things to know about Akok Akok, the 6-foot-9 forward who has committed to UConn and plans to enroll for the fall semester: The results of his SATs are in and he remains on track, though there is a lot of paperwork remaining.
There will not be a scholarship for him in January, unless a player leaves voluntarily, which does not appear to be happening. Akok cannot play this season as a walk-on, because he has been recruited (official visits, etc.) and still remains eligible for the necessary financial aid.
So the plan is still for him to enroll for the spring semester, which begins Jan. 16, practice and work with the team, go on scholarship in June and play next season

Link to article:
UConn men’s notebook: Huskies bring gifts, pizza, smiles to students at Naylor School - Hartford Courant

Subject to change - key words - unless someone leaves “voluntarily”.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kassoum Yakwe is continuing to warrant minutes at center, with Eric Cobb challenged to fight for more playing time. “It’s good to have guys fighting for minutes and challenging for minutes,” Hurley said. “It takes away complacency.”

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We don’t play FCS football or basketball.

To old guys like me, DIV 1 doesn’t include FCS schools.

It's people like you who are the reason we aren't in a P5 conference.

;)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kassoum Yakwe is continuing to warrant minutes at center, with Eric Cobb challenged to fight for more playing time. “It’s good to have guys fighting for minutes and challenging for minutes,” Hurley said. “It takes away complacency.”

Shoukd post this in the other thread.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Subject to change - key words - unless someone leaves “voluntarily”.

Even if somebody leaves, they can't give up a scholarship mid season--he still counts against the with respect to the limit. So there's no scholarship available for Akok this year either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom