Akinjo Back???? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Akinjo Back????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
1st of all, we kept our top recruit: Sid Wilson.

We lost a world class stiff in DO, so that's a huge upgrade as those younger guys will get time. And a third ball handler who couldn't really handle it, nor shoot worth a lick.

Have a quality basketball coach will make the team markedly better. All the players retained will improve. If Jalen comes back, I think folks will be surprised at just how well he does with DH.

And if you thought all these incoming frosh were going to play over the more experienced guys, well....
DO was done so there was no option
Sid couldn't afford to sit another year another no option
DH has things he has to do - let's see how those things come about
Some are going way overboard. IMHO, with thinking everything DH touches will turn to gold- I hope they do but I think close to impossible
I agree DO just plain was not good but AA did have some good play
All players will improve? That's a huge ask

that's a huge upgrade as those younger guys will get time and then
And if you thought all these incoming frosh were going to play over the more experienced guys, well....[/

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is this for real? Tyler Polley mark my words has more upside than Daniels. We keep forgetting he was a true freshman this year. Gilbert will be back if healthy could be our best player, Sidney Wilson should contribute. The key will be returning Adams and Carlton. We could have a potential line up of Adams, Gilbert, Wilson, Polley, Carlton with Vital coming off the bench. That's a talented line up if we get a coach who can maximize their potential. Lets calm down and see what unfolds over these next few weeks with the "Hurley name and UConn brand" and if players opt to stay. I highly doubt many had Mathews starting next year and I'm not sure Akinjo would immediately take over the starting role of any of the players I mentioned.

Daniels? Which Daniels? Deandre? The guy we beat out Kansas and Kentucky for? That Daniels? The five star guy who Rivals had as #10 nationally?

I basically agree with the rest by the way, but Polley is not comparable to Daniels. You're right that there was no way any of our incoming freshmen were going to start next year, unless you consider Wilson a freshman.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
But we’re the only school that has had an on campus visit, right?

Reaction Score
Wow. There’s a lot of lawyers on this board!
We know where the lawyer fees are going now. Line item to read and post on the BY. Extra line item to read and post into the mega threads of Hurley and Diallo.

Reaction Score
Man, Akinjo would have to be crazy to commit to the dumpster fire at Arizona. Their team will be a joke and a postseason ban will certainly be coming.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
DO was done so there was no option
Sid couldn't afford to sit another year another no option
DH has things he has to do - let's see how those things come about
Some are going way overboard. IMHO, with thinking everything DH touches will turn to gold- I hope they do but I think close to impossible
I agree DO just plain was not good but AA did have some good play
All players will improve? That's a huge ask

that's a huge upgrade as those younger guys will get time and then
And if you thought all these incoming frosh were going to play over the more experienced guys, well....[/

Most players should improve, does that make it more palatable? The reality is, bigs improve slower, so we should see at least some jump from their freshman selves.

Nobody said everything Hurley touches will turn to gold. I certainly don't think so. I don't even think he was the best pure basketball coach on the market.

But the jump in coaching, from developing guys to on the floor product from KO to Hurley is huge. We're moving from incompetence to competence. Hell, just having sensible rotations will lead to improved on the court product.

Jalen Adams literally had no direction. The other kids couldn't perform basic fundamentals like screens and boxing out. Ollie couldn't even get his guys to play hard much of the time. There didn't appear to be much accountability. In those, you will see a marked difference.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We know where the lawyer fees are going now. Line item to read and post on the BY. Extra line item to read and post into the mega threads of Hurley and Diallo.

"$32,000 for. A simple will?"

"Well, we were landing a new coach"

Reaction Score
Man, Akinjo would have to be crazy to commit to the dumpster fire at Arizona. Their team will be a joke and a postseason ban will certainly be coming.

Or he just wants to get paid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01