A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I like the rule about phone calls on speaker phone.
Yes, and one thing I think that is ultimately important is to ask oneself who is being honest with you now and is likely to be honest with you for the next four years helping you to grow through the challenges of life. What evidence is there of this valuing of you as a person in them and those around them.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Though I am not a fan of this type of public signing, A'ja said she would not sign until the spring.

She will make her choice and we all move forward. Let's leave it at that.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Whatever the choice is, I just hope she is certain. Circumstances are a little different, but no one wants another EDD situation. Good luck to her.

Reaction Score
Whatever the choice is, I just hope she is certain. Circumstances are a little different, but no one wants another EDD situation. Good luck to her.
I'm just turned off by the whole LeBron moment crap. That's one of the things that's making me lose interest in CFB and MCBB.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm just turned off by the whole LeBron moment crap. That's one of the things that's making me lose interest in CFB and MCBB.
Well, Lebron was a pro and his PR had nothing to do with college athletics and everything to do with his endorsments and financial status.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It would be the funniest moment in the history of recruiting if she were to announce for Coastal Carolina

Or what about the Miami Heat................. sorry, that was another attention seeker. :eek:

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
It is an insult to consider it a publicity stunt. We have had kids who announced at press conferences. Usually, they are organized by their schools but the world is changing. She will not be the only kid receiving attention tomorrow or during the signing period as she announces. We have no evidence at all that she sought out the attention from ESPN.

There is absolutely no reason to doubt her sincerity and none of us here has lived her life. She is at the moment making the biggest decision of her young life. When I am doing weddings I become very concerned if the couple is not showing nervousness at the immensity of what they are about to do.

Many kids are intimidated by selecting where they will go to college for the next four years. For A'ja it is likely even more immense because of the pressure she is receiving from many directions. Let's give her the space she needs and support her in whatever her decision is.

Blessings A'ja. We'd love to have you at UCONN and know there are many blessings there but it is your decision to make and celebrate.

Couldn't have composed it any better.Well thought out and right on target,Icebear.Thank you for saying what I am feeling.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I disagree. Did Stewie, D, Sue or Maya pull these publicity stunts? And they are some of the best women's basketball players in the world. Wilson is a high school kid. The fall semester starts in 4 months and after a couple of years to make a decision still can't?

21...some of your posts drip with antipathy, as shown towards young student athletes...just sayin.

Reaction Score
If true, it would be a big mistake for Ms. Wilson (from a purely bball perspective) IMHO - if her desire to be developed to her optimal potential is true, as she has stated publicly. Post players require the most time and attention to develop fully and I'm unaware of how many post players and potential future Olympians Ms. DeShields has coached to date? ;)
As much as I wanted to see Aja come to CT I thought some time ago after reading the article where she stated she does NOT want to to be a post player she would stay in the Carolina area. She said some players like banging around she doesnt. CT need for a post player could be a big reason she doesn't come here. There is a recent article sharing how Ajas mom and family put in rules and created a spreadsheet to help Aja during her recruiting. One category listed was the incoming recruits for each school. UConn has guards and a wing and no post did she think she would be forced to play post?? Either way we have a great group of young ladies coming in. I do hope Aja picks the right school for her. I thought SC would have been her choice lets see if NC hits the lottery again. Im looking forward to seeing her develop and play over the next 4 years.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
HoopsFan21 said:
I disagree. Did Stewie, D, Sue or Maya pull these publicity stunts? And they are some of the best women's basketball players in the world. Wilson is a high school kid. The fall semester starts in 4 months and after a couple of years to make a decision still can't?

Ozzie Nelson said:
21...some of your posts drip with antipathy, as shown towards young student athletes...just sayin.

Yup.

Reaction Score
HoopsFan21 said:
I disagree. Did Stewie, D, Sue or Maya pull these publicity stunts? ...

Actually Maya Moore did indeed have a "hat" ceremony in her high school gymnasium - it just wasn't televised (unlike Candace Parker's).

If memory serves (and it usually doesn't) there were 4 hats which she turned over,1 by 1 until the only remaining hat was UConn's, which she placed on her head.

Immediately after which, somewhere in the deepest darkest recesses of the University of Tennessee, women's college basketball's greatest rivalry flat-lined...

Reaction Score
If she goes to UConn that's great and if she chooses somewhere else then that just opens the door for Brown next year. As I have said all along I think that Brown will be a better fit for UConn anyway.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
A local SC outlet has lots online coverage including a live blog in an hour. Here is an insightful story.
LINK
"According to Wilson’s father, Roscoe Wilson, there will be no elaborate or dramatic choice; the cameras will zoom in, the on-air talent will ask and she’ll name a school."

"No college coaches had been informed of a decision on Tuesday, nor are expected to be at the ceremony today."

“I am thinking a lot about one school, but I haven’t informed anyone,” Wilson said. “This time tomorrow, I’ll have the school. I’m really thinking and praying about it a lot.”

"...the network will [broadcasting] start at 3 p.m., cut back to the studio and around 3:20-3:30, cut back live to the school, where Wilson will pick.

Reaction Score
If she goes to UConn that's great and if she chooses somewhere else then that just opens the door for Brown next year. As I have said all along I think that Brown will be a better fit for UConn anyway.
I would guess there will be as much competition for Brown as for Wilson.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Will anyone be surprised if she takes the podium and says.... "I've narrowed it down to TWO schools...." ?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I just want to say that if she truly didn't decide until this week, than no matter who she picks no one, not even Nan's source really knew. They may say they did, but how could they?

Now, I have performed a long distance Vulcan mind meld (have you seen my ears?) and she just decided this morning.

I'll let you know her choice at 3:30.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Unless she chooses UCONN you cannot have another EDD situation.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

What have you seen in Brown that makes her a better fit than a 6-5 player who can score, rebound, block shots, handle the ball and shoot the 3-ball?

Reaction Score
I thought a recruit had to let the college coaches know whcih college they picked before they announced their choice? I remember the Blue Devil fans being irate with UNC's Harrison Barnes skyping his choice of UNC without notifying Coach K beforehand.

Reaction Score
I thought a recruit had to let the college coaches know whcih college they picked before they announced their choice? I remember the Blue Devil fans being irate with UNC's Harrison Barnes skyping his choice of UNC without notifying Coach K beforehand.
I don't know it that's a rule or not, but either way, I cannot possibly imagine a reason why that would be so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom