A'ja Wilson is really in pain with her ankle injury. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson is really in pain with her ankle injury.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I did/do not need a "release" to tell me:
1) A'Ja was carried off the court not to return ( I watched live)
2) A'ja was the next day wearing a boot (that was bad enough)
3) The day after wearing a boot A'Ja was wearing a full cast. (I wish I did not see that now I can't erase it.)
Also quite possible the injury is as bad as it looked- but I still hope not.

We will find out today during the LSU game; if she plays, obviously it's ok. If she doesn't play, but is walking normally along the sidelines then she should definitely be back for the MSU game a week from Monday.

Reaction Score
I saw A'ja and her Dad last night. She told me it's not as serious as it looked and she could put pressure on it but her Dad wanted her to be cautious and let it heal fully. She said she could play through it but she is likely to be out for Georgia and LSU but should return in full force for Ole Miss.
I have great admiration for A'ja. she is intimidating physically. crazy comparison, but she reminds me of Muhammad Ali - tall, broad, strong, and moves well. That said, I am rooting for her full recovery but I will be rooting for UCONN to beat her and her team in February.

Reaction Score
Yes that's the scary part about it! Not long ago during my playing days I rolled my ankle probably badder then A'ja and had to sit out during some games and when I came back I felt completely fine! But I went up to grab a rebound and it was like my brain wanted me to roll it again and that's what happened lol .... its is very easy to sprain it a couple times after the first rodeo so in the case of Aja I hope it doesn't happen again! The best thing for her to prevent it from happening again is to either wrap the ankle before games, wear ankle braces for protection, and wear high top shoes that strings up above the ankle. I've notice she likes to wear the low top Under Armor shoes and that was part of the cause of her Sprain.
Now I'm showing that I'm not exactly a board certified orthopedic surgeon, but...

yes, I think after a sprain high tops are called for. But I've actually read that low tops are better for preventing sprains: forces the ankles to strengthen. FWIW (which is no much!).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Now I'm showing that I'm not exactly a board certified orthopedic surgeon, but...

yes, I think after a sprain high tops are called for. But I've actually read that low tops are better for preventing sprains: forces the ankles to strengthen. FWIW (which is no much!).
And there is some thinking out there that the stronger and more inflexible you make the ankle, the more strain you are sending up the leg to the knee, and that is not something anyone wants to think about!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom