Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1086660m.jpg

connecticut.scout.com/2/1361914.hmtl

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Alert the FBI in case there are any breaches of Federal law!

Reaction Score
It should be a good time for a very good player for the Vols...........

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If she goes to UT, she'll have a great career, possibly win a NC, and get a lot of notoriety. She'll do what she wants to do and leave very talented, but with holes in her game.

If she goes to UConn, she'll get more criticism from the coaches, be forced to become a complete player, win multiple NCs, and leave as one of the greatest ever.

Just my opinion.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
If she goes to UT, she'll have a great career, possibly win a NC, and get a lot of notoriety. She'll do what she wants to do and leave very talented, but with holes in her game.

If she goes to UConn, she'll get more criticism from the coaches, be forced to become a complete player, win multiple NCs, and leave as one of the greatest ever.

Just my opinion.

You mean like spending 4 years at an institution and leaving without handles. Oh wait, that wasn't a Lady Vol player. The alternative is that she could leave and become only the 2nd player to be the WNBA POY as a rookie, just like her idol has been the one and only player to do this. I would be willing to bet that she earned that honor by utilizing the skills garnered at TN. Just a hunch!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You mean like spending 4 years at an institution and leaving without handles. Oh wait, that wasn't a Lady Vol player. The alternative is that she could leave and become only the 2nd player to be the WNBA POY as a rookie, just like her idol has been the one and only player to do this. I would be willing to bet that she earned that honor by utilizing the skills garnered at TN. Just a hunch!
Now what kind of handles?

Love handles?
Bicycle handles?
Handlebar mustaches?

I know it bothers you that Uconn develops players better than Tennessee. You should just admit it and move on. Less stressful for you and you will live longer.

In regards to Wilson, she will be as good as she wants to be no matter where she goes.

Reaction Score

Wilson has the handles already. Just like her favorite player had prior to ever playing a college game. And if she wants to play outside she better find a different role model than that Tenn grad who left Knoxville without an outside shot. (and without a defensive game)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I look at a player like Harrison as a example. When she got to Tennessee she hardly played and was in foul trouble. Look at how much her game has improved since her freshman year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Folks. It has been between UConn and SCarolina forever . Tenn and UNC just came into the picture. Let Tenn exhaust themselves. There is only one number 1 and that's UConn and what comes with UConn.

Reaction Score
I think that UConn probably leads for Wilson, but she said she was very impressed by the coaches and that's why she's visiting. She has a good relationship if twitter is to be an indicator, with Graves, Reynolds, Burdick, and Russell. And we can sell the chance to dethrone UConn and put the greatest all time women's basketball program back on top. We only lose simmons (which will be a positive in some ways for next year) and bring in a solid group if good glue players to go around the next superstar in Knoxville.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Now what kind of handles?

Love handles?
Bicycle handles?
Handlebar mustaches?

I know it bothers you that Uconn develops players better than Tennessee. You should just admit it and move on. Less stressful for you and you will live longer.

In regards to Wilson, she will be as good as she wants to be no matter where she goes.

Seriously, what's the handles issue? I'm missing something.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This thread - from the article most of us cannot access to the code speak some of you are throwing at each other - well it just makes me want to sharpen this big stick and poke myself in the eye!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Seriously, what's the handles issue? I'm missing something.
I'm guessing he means Maya Moore, you know, that scrub that only has a couple NCAA championships, a couple WNBA championships, a European championship, an Olympic gold medal and a bunch of college and pro player of the year titles. Too bad she never developed as a player in college. :rolleyes:

Reactions: HGN

JS

Reaction Score
And we can sell the chance to dethrone UConn and put the greatest all time women's basketball program back on top.
You can sell it as that, but it'd be false advertising.

The chance to dethrone UConn in a particular season is always there. Good luck with that. But . . .

Whatever your criteria for all-time greatest program, other than reputation on Rocky Top, TN hasn't been the best program since about the turn of this century.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
TN hasn't been the best program since about the turn of this century.

You certainly cut right to the chase there, Mr. Moderator.

Nice job.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm guessing he means Maya Moore, you know, that scrub that only has a couple NCAA championships, a couple WNBA championships, a European championship, an Olympic gold medal and a bunch of college and pro player of the year titles. Too bad she never developed as a player in college. :rolleyes:

Still with the Maya has no handles? I would have thought the Vols fans had dropped that old canard by now, especially after Maya won her 2nd WNBA championship (in 3 seasons) and was the Finals MVP. Clearly her time at UConn has hurt her professional career.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Still with the Maya has no handles? I would have thought the Vols fans had dropped that old canard by now, especially after Maya won her 2nd WNBA championship (in 3 seasons) and was the Finals MVP. Clearly her time at UConn has hurt her professional career.

Clearly, after her time at UConn, Maya has "Handles"

mayas_handles.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't think either Tennessee or UCONN leads. I think it's SC all the way. She's been there multiple times. I hope I am wrong. She is a force of nature.

Reaction Score

And when exactly does she plan on playing her rookie season?

Reaction Score
Now give them credit, TENN has been to more N.C. games than UCONN and also has 8 N.C.s. And..............and...............uh...............then there is.......................ummm............I guess that's it. Carry on.

71 TO GO

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I am not a psychic or a mind-reader. I place no belief in tarot cards, tea leaves, horoscopes, or crystal balls. And, like everybody else posting about A'ja's college destination, I have no inside information.

I take her at her word, which was basically a promise that she would take her visits, then -- presumably in consultation with family and a tight inner circle of trusted advisors (coaches, etc.) -- make her college commitment decision in the spring and announce it.

I happen to believe her because I have read nothing substantive to persuade me otherwise.

So I'll wait until spring, hope she selects UConn, and wish her well wherever she goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom