AJ needs a shooting coach | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AJ needs a shooting coach

Reaction Score
I’m definitely not a coach, but what about using the bank maybe? His crazy floaters might stand a chance off the glass at more of an angle perhaps?

Thoughts?
I dont think he has enough credit history. Thank you, im here all week.

Reaction Score
If Andre could get to say 50% on jumpers from the FT line or just behind it, he would be the perfect weapon to kill 2-3 and 1-2-2 zones from the middle of them. He's a great passer and tall and long enough to make the pass down low if a back line defender comes up on him. Get him to be able to make that shot curling off a high screen, run a couple of alley-oop plays for him, and he'd easily get 10-12 pts/gm and 4-5 assists.

Reaction Score
Jackson shoots like the last time he worked on the fundamentals of his shot was pre-puberty. If I had to guess, I'd say he struggled shooting growing up and then one day woke up and realized that he's the most athletic guy on every single court he steps onto - why bother shooting? Never made the jump in fundamentals every guy makes when they finally get big/strong enough to start shooting jumpers instead of a set shot. Looks like the staff decided against reinventing the wheel for him and are just refining the set shot - not sure if that's the right approach.

Now, having used the term "pre-puberty" on the boneyard, I'm going to take the rest of the day off for some quiet introspection.

Reaction Score
Andre is my favorite player on the team. He is a great denfensive rebounder and he makes some great passes. As funny looking as his shot is, I'm ok with it if he is making an acceptable percentage. A more conventional shot would probably benefit him long term though, meaning a higher release point, etc.
That long floater needs to be scrapped though. There is nothing to like about it.

Reaction Score
It's been a rough five-game stretch for Jackson. He hasn't scored more than 7 points during this stretch.

23% from the floor, 18% from deep. Averaging 4.8 PPG. His rebounding and assist numbers have remained the same.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
It's been a rough five-game stretch for Jackson. He hasn't scored more than 7 points during this stretch.

23% from the floor, 18% from deep. Averaging 4.8 PPG. His rebounding and assist numbers have remained the same.

View attachment 73055
AJ is what he is this year unfortunately. A highly flawed offensive player who is a great athlete and rebounder. He is our second best dribbler behind RJ which tells you how bad Gaffney is. You wish he worked on his offensive game more in the summer besides refining his set shot. He needs to know the art of the mid-range game and understand that his floater should only be used when 5 feet from the basket and not 10-15 feet. The kid can be fun to watch but his game is fatally flawed at this part of his career. Hopefully he work on learning on pulling and shooting in the offseason but it may be hard for him due to how low he shoots from currently(from his chest).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom