Aidan Mahaney | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rant? Your bar for ranting is quite low. Have you been on the board long? Also, he's 21 and I graduated at 21, so it is possible.
How many years were you in college? It's not about his age. Remember he came to UConn one semester later than the normal college student. He was 19 by the time he got here.

Reaction Score
Boneyard way! People throwing culture fit and "just chasing the bag" and the kid clearly is taking his time to make a well-informed and thoughtful decision for, you know, his life and he is being criticized. That seems like the type of kid who would fit our culture perfectly.
But, but, but don't you know some people are anxious because their self esteem is at stake and being forced to wait is stressful............

Reaction Score
LaMont Butler just committed to Kentucky. Nit sure if this changes anything here. Probably not. He is a guard so just mentioning it. Also have a couple other guards visiting this weekend.

Reaction Score
How many years were you in college? It's not about his age. Remember he came to UConn one semester later than the normal college student. He was 19 by the time he got here.
Karaban has spent his summers in Storrs. If you count the summer as a semester, then he has been here for 7 semesters.

The more academically inclined athletes often graduate in 3 years if that is a goal.

Reaction Score
Think it’s hilarious how people throw out all these lineups without looking at the obvious solution that’ll make most happy and kinda goes with what Hurley says (that Diarra has to be okay with the role he expects from him aka not a starter and we probably won’t be starting a freshman pg either).

Ball/Diarra/Nowell
Mahaney/Ball/Liam
Stewart/Liam/Ross
Karaban/Stewart
Reed/Samson/Singare

Love Ross, but I’m not sure where he fits because I don’t expect us not to use Liam immediately or Mahaney. I can see a role opening up for him if Karaban leaves though.
TRUST THE PROCESS...Goals Improving your skills in the UCONN Practice Cauldron...PRACTICES SHOULD BE MORE DIFFICULT THAN GAMES THEMSELVES....Iron Sharpens Iron...Win Championships here at UCONN and End Goal is Obv progressing and being drafted to the NBA....TRUST THE PROCESS!

Reaction Score
Karaban has spent his summers in Storrs. If you count the summer as a semester, then he has been here for 7 semesters.

The more academically inclined athletes often graduate in 3 years if that is a goal.

The players don't generally take a full courseload in the summer or spring. Everyone I know needed 3 years to graduate early. Alex is a semester short.

Reaction Score
Let's lock up Brea this weekend and then see what happens with Mahaney

Feels like a first to commit situation, despite being very different players. If we do get Brea, how we handle minites will be interesting. 2 PG and Solo (who isn't a great ballhandler) + a bunch of wings.

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Stewart initiating some offense and being a 2-ish. He's got more handles than Solo IMO.

Reaction Score
I want to be greedy. Selling him on a three-peat/dynasty and the best coaching staff in the country for two seasons vs playing for Mark Pope.
Yeah I'm ready to be greedy, given the final 2 for both of these guys there's no reason we can't sell them both on coming in and playing 20 minutes. That's exactly what would be happening if they didn't choose UConn too

Reaction Score
Feels like a first to commit situation, despite being very different players. If we do get Brea, how we handle minites will be interesting. 2 PG and Solo (who isn't a great ballhandler) + a bunch of wings.

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw Stewart initiating some offense and being a 2-ish. He's got more handles than Solo IMO.
The minutes are gonna be really interesting next year, especially if Karaban comes back. It's hard to see both coming here, then I look at other blue bloods and they seem to have 11 guys who all theoretically want 20 minutes.

The timing of getting both visits in before May 1 has me putting my tinfoil hat on, but that's a discussion that can't be had on this board.

Reaction Score
The minutes are gonna be really interesting next year, especially if Karaban comes back. It's hard to see both coming here, then I look at other blue bloods and they seem to have 11 guys who all theoretically want 20 minutes.

The timing of getting both visits in before May 1 has me putting my tinfoil hat on, but that's a discussion that can't be had on this board.
Dickinson just announced he's returning. KU is loaded. Duke has two 5*s coming off their bench. I want Karaban + Liam + Brea + Mahaney.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure about that. I just think Ball got so comfortble taking 3s and was told by coaches to do that. Unfortunately he went to that extreme with that. Earlier in the season he was showing a good handle going to the basket but that disappeared after he kept settling or 3s and not looking to penetrate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The players don't generally take a full courseload in the summer or spring. Everyone I know needed 3 years to graduate early. Alex is a semester short.
It would be nearly impossible to take a full courseload in summer unless UConn has moved to an online only summer system, and then it would have to be asynchronous. I've packed 16 weeks into 4 weeks before. It's brutal. We were in there 5 days a week for 3 hours per day. Couple of hours of work a day beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom