AG's Last Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AG's Last Game

Reaction Score
Never had the love others had for him. I think he had way too many bad breaks with injuries. Regardless, he was a Husky who never gave up, and I respect him for that.

Reaction Score
Never had the love others had for him. I think he had way too many bad breaks with injuries. Regardless, he was a Husky who never gave up, and I respect him for that.

that god for that, fat Hank. What a guy.

Reaction Score
We'll never know if he was the answer for us considering he had a career-crippling injury 4 months before he got here
Nope, but I never forget how pumped I was the day he committed. Life comes at us very fast, in so many directions.

Reaction Score
Drake outscored them from the three 21-9 .
and most Of those were contested.WSU played hard on defense at least in the last 12 minutes when I figured out that I had TBS. But Drake couldn’t miss teams get hot and the three can make up for other deficiencies.
You think if we get one point from our best player and get outscored
like that from the three we would have a chance to win , maybe against DePaul.
Tough loss for your final game for AG , however almost everyone who has a good season ends with a tough loss. That’s the nature of the sport.

Reaction Score
I'm borderline distraught for Al. What a great kid. Meanwhile, you've got WSU fans saying "I've never been happier a guy is leaving the program" months after Marshall is canned for beating players and 2 weeks after Al hoists a conference championship trophy.
May I remind you that some UConn fans were absolutely nasty to Al last season. Like so bad to the point that DH had to call out the fans in a press conference. And now Wichita State fans are doing the same thing. I genuinely feel bad for him because he is such a good kid. Again, I know it wasn’t ALL uconn fans but in retrospect a really bad look for our fan base. Seems like most have turned it around and are very happy and supportive of him now.

Anyways, I wish him the best. Would love to see him back in college for another year but will be rooting for him no matter where he ends up.

Reaction Score
May I remind you that some UConn fans were absolutely nasty to Al last season. Like so bad to the point that DH had to call out the fans in a press conference. And now Wichita State fans are doing the same thing. I genuinely feel bad for him because he is such a good kid. Again, I know it wasn’t ALL uconn fans but in retrospect a really bad look for our fan base. Seems like most have turned it around and are very happy and supportive of him now.

Anyways, I wish him the best. Would love to see him back in college for another year but will be rooting for him no matter where he ends up.
It sucks but every fan base does it.

Reaction Score
It sucks but every fan base does it.
Oh absolutely, no denying that. I just wish people wouldn’t tweet nasty stuff AT college players. Like go complain on a message board or something, but to tweet mean comments directly to the student athletes is just not a good look for any fan base, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
You don't think 3 surgeries to his shoulder didn't compromise his ability to play at his peak abilities?
I'm just sayjng he was never the player we thought injuries or not. He did like to drive into thr tree too much and turover the ball. Good kid but Vital was a better college player nl question.

Reaction Score
AL is a great kid who has been dealt a bad hand in terms of injuries and other things. Before the shoulder injury he was absolutely one of the best PGs in his class who tore up the AAU circuit against some of the best comp in the country. The injuries definitely made him a different player and it’s a testament that he is still going hard at it. Much respect to the kid

Reaction Score
Al was always at his best when he didn't force it. Unfortunately he was forced to do too much in that game because Eitenne (the co-AAC POY) was so god awful.

Reaction Score
I wanted for that shot to go in so badly. Almost like the kid deserved it for all he's gone through, dammit! Watched his defense throughout the game, damn he's good on that end makes the PG get rid of the ball more than run the offense.

Husky forever though, great kid thanks AG.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My heart broke for AG when that shot didn't fall but was so happy he got a taste at the Dance
He is one outstanding human being who never gave up
He came in with huge expectations as a MAA but those injuries have been devastating
Read an article a few months back where he said for the first time in 4 years he is feeling at least 80% healthy and not fearing another injury
It has to play mind games
The kid is a True Blue Husky
Best in life AG

Reaction Score
Feels like the kid has been in school for a decade. He's got to have a master's degree by now right?

Reaction Score
My heart broke for AG when that shot didn't fall but was so happy he got a taste at the Dance
He is one outstanding human being who never gave up
He came in with huge expectations as a MAA but those injuries have been devastating
Read an article a few months back where he said for the first time in 4 years he is feeling at least 80% healthy and not fearing another injury
It has to play mind games
The kid is a True Blue Husky
Best in life AG
I wanted that last shot to go in so badly to somewhat make up for all bad breaks he had to go through. I am rooting for him no matter what he decides to do.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was saddened when that shot didn't fall. He deserves a moment to shine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member