AG likely out rest of the week | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AG likely out rest of the week

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If AG can come back and play to his potential, a small lineup of AG, JB, CV, Ak, JC would be insane.

Combine that with our bench, that is a deep tournament run type of insane.
We need Tyler in the game he is critical for spacing. They were playing him so tight last night I don’t think he was ever given more than a foot. It opened up a lot of other stuff for us.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gilbert is a warrior, seemingly a great person and teammate, and he should relinquish his starting role to Adams at this point. All of these things can be true. Anyone thinking he's been running the team like a traditional PG, or that he's playing anything other than turnstile defense, is in denial.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is a warrior, seemingly a great person and teammate, and he should relinquish his starting role to Adams at this point. All of these things can be true. Anyone thinking he's been running the team like a traditional PG, or that he's playing anything other than turnstile defense, is in denial.

Many who think Adams should be starting based off one game And ignoring all other games including the 5 fouls in 11 minutes 2 games ago is well not thinking rationally.

Reaction Score
I know AG has had a string of terrible luck but does anyone else think that his play-style of throwing himself into the middle of the lane against bigger defenders somewhat correlates to how injury prone he is?
He hardly seems to ever land on his feet when he drives in the lane for a layup

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know AG has had a string of terrible luck but does anyone else think that his play-style of throwing himself into the middle of the lane against bigger defenders somewhat correlates to how injury prone he is?
He hardly seems to ever land on his feet when he drives in the lane for a layup
Yes.

And I also think that @Palatine made a good point last week about him being a little less spry since his rehab, likely due at least in part to the muscle he added in an effort to avoid reinjury.

Reaction Score
This break might be exactly what AG needs to get back on track. Hopefully he’s sitting next to Taliek and getting coached on how to run an offense while he’s recovering. He needs to become a pass first point guard until he’s out of this slump. We have enough other guys who can make shots. I can’t fathom that he continues playing as poorly as he has.

Reaction Score
I dont Think gaffney quite ready. Bouk appears to be ready. Need to get AG right and this team could be decent.
No he's not, but its early in the season and its a good time to push off the diving board. Sink or swim. And if Brandon can keep it going, he will have a life jacket.

Just saying with the early experience perhaps come February hopefully he will be a good swimmer. But I want him in the pool now.

Its a great opportunity for him to set his course as opposed to AG and the Coach as opposed to waiting for blowouts, or non important minutes. Either way I like his potential.

Reaction Score
This break might be exactly what AG needs to get back on track. Hopefully he’s sitting next to Taliek and getting coached on how to run an offense while he’s recovering. He needs to become a pass first point guard until he’s out of this slump. We have enough other guys who can make shots. I can’t fathom that he continues playing as poorly as he has.
great minds think alike
Today at 12:09 PM
Will sitting because of injury, allow him to learn by sitting next to Taliek for 2 games? If he was pulled for poor play maybe his focus/mental approach wouldn't be there. I'm hoping this forced break will help get his head & shot right.

Reaction Score
As I’ve said in a previous post,AG is not the same player he was coming out of high school as a MD All American. He seemed quicker and more at ease with his game. He let it come to him.
Now after the injuries, he’s very tentative and finds himself in awkward positions with the ball, many times in the paint, and makes bad decisions.
With his loss of quickness I don’t believe he’ll ever regain what he’s lost the past 3 years.
I just hope for the best for him. I’m sure his confidence level is as low as ever right now. Hope HC Dan and his teammates recognize this and provide him with all the support they can.
How does a bad shoulder impact ones quickness?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Hope he can play, we need someone who can actually handle the ball bringing it up the court, regardless of how well hes shooting a three pointer.

Exactly this. Last night Adams and Vital had a lot of trouble bringing the ball up against extended full court defense. We need AG at the point because, under pressure, he's a better ball handler than Adams or Vital.

Reaction Score
As I’ve said in a previous post,AG is not the same player he was coming out of high school as a MD All American. He seemed quicker and more at ease with his game. He let it come to him.
Now after the injuries, he’s very tentative and finds himself in awkward positions with the ball, many times in the paint, and makes bad decisions.
With his loss of quickness I don’t believe he’ll ever regain what he’s lost the past 3 years.
I just hope for the best for him. I’m sure his confidence level is as low as ever right now. Hope HC Dan and his teammates recognize this and provide him with all the support they can.
Could it be that there hasn’t been a discernible loss of quickness, but in college he’s facing more guys as quick as him? I agree he’s tentative because of the injuries but he’s also a little guy who routinely penetrates too deep and gets in trouble. I’d say it’s more 20% ability he’s lost and 80% much stronger competition,

Reaction Score
Could it be that there hasn’t been a discernible loss of quickness, but in college he’s facing more guys as quick as him? I agree he’s tentative because of the injuries but he’s also a little guy who routinely penetrates too deep and gets in trouble. I’d say it’s more 20% ability he’s lost and 80% much stronger competition,
He seems to have never developed a legit runner or floater. He over-drives and isn’t good enough shielding defenders w his body to finish.

Reaction Score
Boneyard's reaction:

giphy.gif
You're bad!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't think it's got anything to do with his quickness. But remember, this kid shot 50% from 3 in high school at Miller Grove. And 75% from the line.

It ain't the competition that's affecting that, it's highly likely it's the shoulder.

Dunno where that guy got the quickness thing, but the multiple shoulder injuries and surgeries are absolutely affecting his game.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is trying to do too much. His shot is off and his free throw shooting was always sub par but right now he just needs to be under control and not try and win the game on every possession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom