AG likely out rest of the week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AG likely out rest of the week

Reaction Score
Will sitting because of injury, allow him to learn by sitting next to Taliek for 2 games? If he was pulled for poor play maybe his focus/mental approach wouldn't be there. I'm hoping this forced break will help get his head & shot right.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
has another boo boo

not sure that is called for.

I mean the kid is/was a stud player and has had the worst string of luck I can ever recall. He's had a tough start to this year but if there was ever a player who actually deserved some sympathy via support it would be Alterique. By all accounts he's been a model citizen (no scooters or stolen cars on his jacket) and a great teammate.

Reaction Score
not sure that is called for.

I mean the kid is/was a stud player and has had the worst string of luck I can ever recall. He's had a tough start to this year but if there was ever a player who actually deserved some sympathy via support it would be Alterique. By all accounts he's been a model citizen (no scooters or stolen cars on his jacket) and a great teammate.

+1000.

Reaction Score
If AG can come back and play to his potential, a small lineup of AG, JB, CV, Ak, JC would be insane.

Combine that with our bench, that is a deep tournament run type of insane.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are a lot of posters on this board that think they know the offense better than Hurley does, because they think that we can just swap out AG and UConn will be better. My hunch is that if Hurley thought someone else would be better starting, they would be starting.

My take is that this is going to hurt. UConn's offense is not simple and now we will have young players getting a lot of minutes.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Sprained ankle. Coach said in post-game that AG wanted to play the second half but the medical staff shut it down after seeing him moving around
Ok. That’s a routine basketball injury so he should be ok. If we win this weekend without him that’s a huge plus.

I really wish the kids would stop wearing those ultra low top sneakers That have zero ankle support. SMH

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bouknight and Gafney played and we're outstanding together as I predicted. They can more than hold there own vs X. Adams was our not so secret wepon just as I predicted. Look for this team to gell together and only get better as the season developes Gilbert can play when he's ready not to be a liability. Look out the sky's the limit.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but this is the third early season tournament AG has been injured in.

Maui
Nike tournament
Charleston

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Will sitting because of injury, allow him to learn by sitting next to Taliek for 2 games? If he was pulled for poor play maybe his focus/mental approach wouldn't be there. I'm hoping this forced break will help get his head & shot right.

He's been sitting for years. I don't think seeing the game from the bench is a thing at this point.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Bouknight and Gafney played and we're outstanding together as I predicted. They can more than hold there own vs X. Adams was our not so secret wepon just as I predicted. Look for this team to gell together and only get better as the season developes Gilbert can play when he's ready not to be a liability. Look out the sky's the limit.

Problem so far is Gaffney looks lost on D. Buffalo's offense was too sloppy to take advantage from a team perspective.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of posters on this board that think they know the offense better than Hurley does, because they think that we can just swap out AG and UConn will be better. My hunch is that if Hurley thought someone else would be better starting, they would be starting.

My take is that this is going to hurt. UConn's offense is not simple and now we will have young players getting a lot of minutes.
Hurley knows he needs to get AG to figure things out but it was those young guys getting a lot of minutes who won us the game last night. Gilbert has been awful so far and we were better without him last night, we need him to figure things out for us to reach our potential this season.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

It's only two games. It won't sink us.

Reaction Score
Have we heard any updates? Like the thread title states "Likely out" and references the post game press conference where Hurley says he would be shocked if we see him the rest of the week but he also says "we'll see"...

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Have we heard any updates? Like the thread title states "Likely out" and references the post game press conference where Hurley says he would be shocked if we see him the rest of the week but he also says "we'll see"...

Dom Amore just tweeted that Gilbert about to test his ankle at shoot around. He's moving better and may be available tonight.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
These players will have to step up instead of deferring. If Christian has to be the pg most of the game things probably won’t go well. If they step up like they did yesterday AG’s injury will be a blessing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Boneyard's reaction:

giphy.gif

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gilbert is a warrior, seemingly a great person and teammate, and he should relinquish his starting role to Adams at this point. All of these things can be true. Anyone thinking he's been running the team like a traditional PG, or that he's playing anything other than turnstile defense, is in denial.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but this is the third early season tournament AG has been injured in.

Maui
Nike tournament
Charleston

Yup and didn't even make it to Maui. Was injured on the road trip out there at Loyola Marymount the game before and was injured during Michigan St. game at PK80.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom