AG likely out rest of the week | The Boneyard

AG likely out rest of the week

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gaffney is starting to turn the corner on the offensive end. His defense is awful, full on matador style. From the second row center court it was pretty obvious. So losing AG is definitely a blow.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bouk and Gaffney will get more burn. Not necessarily bad for the long run
Good for the development of our young guys. But AG needs a bounce-back game. The kid can't catch a break. I think we could've used him vs Xavier.

Very convenient and good to do it in a tourney where there is no time to overthink and ponder the situation.

Reaction Score
Gaffney is starting to turn the corner on the offensive end. His defense is awful, full on matador style. From the second row center court it was pretty obvious. So losing AG is definitely a blow.
That’s the main are that makes me think the ankle is still not fully healed. He looks like a baby deer on ice when he’s going laterally sometimes. Played much better offensively than he has previously though.

Reaction Score
This definitely isn’t a good thing - it’s a bad take for anyone to say otherwise. Yes he’s been downright awful to start the season, but we have a young backcourt going up against a Junior and Senior duo (Scruggs and Goodin) for Xavier who have looked fairly solid.

Xavier’s talent is mainly in the front court, and having Alterique out there gives us a fairly solid edge in the backcourt talent-wise. At the end of the day, if he were playing poorly then you can always bench him. Hope he’s back soon.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s the worst thing he’s out, but it’s not good that Al is out. I wouldn’t have said that the last couple seasons with our lack of ball handlers and pg depth these past few seasons. I actually feel comfortable and believe we can win the way the frosh played tonight without Al. Last few years I’d definitely be panicking right now.

Reaction Score
Sucks for Gilbert and the team. They did look really good tonight during that stretch when Gaffney and Bouk were on the floor together though, even though it gave me the willies.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly we’re better without him right now. Not saying we’re better without him, but he has been bad. I hope for a speedy recovery but excited for the weekend either way.

Reaction Score
We need someone to run the offense with a good handle. That is Alterique. He doesn't need to score a ton. Brendan and Christian will struggle to do this. Gaffney has the ability but he is very green. It's a big loss.
I agree with sentence #1. Not sure of the rest. Tonight (and last game) he was a liability. Hope he finds his way.

Reaction Score
I’m not dissapointr he will be out, feel sorry for the kid though, as I was at today’s game and I find it ironic that Gibert was hurt when was trying to go one on 3 and was lucky to get the ball as it got deflected off a player back to him when he lost it. His shot looks ugly and his offense penetrating has been tough to watch. I feel the guards pass the ball better when he isn’t in the game as he tries to force it too much, Gilbert isn’t our future so I’m more than happy for the young guys to get more experience.

Reaction Score
I agree with sentence #1. Not sure of the rest. Tonight (and last game) he was a liability. Hope he finds his way.

I thought it was a given not to expect AG to even be available for half of our games this year anyways. He has shown zero ability to keep himself healthy so whatever. Shoulder. Eye socket. Ankle. Hes not available? Big deal. I call it Tuesday. More PT for Bouk, Gaff, Adams, Wilson, hopefully.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I thought it was a given not to expect AG to even be available for half of our games this year anyways. He has shown zero ability to keep himself healthy so whatever. Shoulder. Eye socket. Ankle. Hes not available? Big deal. I call it Tuesday. More PT for Bouk, Gaff, Adams, Wilson, hopefully.

Might be accurate, but it's more than a bit harsh. Some people catch the injury bug. Hard to pin that on the kid, he's done nothing but keep a positive attitude, put in the work, and support his teammates and coaches. There's no question in my mind that AG will play a big role in this season. He's slumping right now but I'm still buying Alterique stock.

Reaction Score
We need AG. He's the closest thing we have to a distributor. You have to think he can't be this ice cold all year. He can still get into the lane fairly easily, we just need him to make some better choices once he does.
Its not that hes ice cold most of us understand that happens but the problem is hes been absolutely horrible in every other facet of the game. His defense has been atrocious, passing not very good, driving to the basket completely out of control trying to make something out of nothing and so on. He has flat out stunk so far and thats unacceptable because hes far too talented to be that bad.

Reaction Score
Its not that hes ice cold most of us understand that happens but the problem is hes been absolutely horrible in every other facet of the game. His defense has been atrocious, passing not very good, driving to the basket completely out of control trying to make something out of nothing and so on. He has flat out stunk so far and thats unacceptable because hes far too talented to be that bad.
As I’ve said in a previous post,AG is not the same player he was coming out of high school as a MD All American. He seemed quicker and more at ease with his game. He let it come to him.
Now after the injuries, he’s very tentative and finds himself in awkward positions with the ball, many times in the paint, and makes bad decisions.
With his loss of quickness I don’t believe he’ll ever regain what he’s lost the past 3 years.
I just hope for the best for him. I’m sure his confidence level is as low as ever right now. Hope HC Dan and his teammates recognize this and provide him with all the support they can.

Reaction Score
This definitely isn’t a good thing - it’s a bad take for anyone to say otherwise. Yes he’s been downright awful to start the season, but we have a young backcourt going up against a Junior and Senior duo (Scruggs and Goodin) for Xavier who have looked fairly solid.

Xavier’s talent is mainly in the front court, and having Alterique out there gives us a fairly solid edge in the backcourt talent-wise. At the end of the day, if he were playing poorly then you can always bench him. Hope he’s back soon.
Coach did the right thing and we won because of the move. If we want to win against Xavier he must not play or at least not start AG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom