OT: - Affects our seed? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Affects our seed?

Reaction Score
I don't care where they play, just Iowa out of our region. BTW, Iowa are the Hawkeyes, not Iowa State.
I for one would love to see UConn play Iowa. From what I’ve seen, Iowa has trouble against a tough perimeter defense. Could be a game where Clarke would be forced to throw up a ton of shots, because she has to, but Iowa loses by at least 15 as UConn would have no problem successfully operating their offense. Would highlight the importance of “team” of talented players over one or 2 talented offensive individuals.

Reaction Score
I for one would love to see UConn play Iowa. From what I’ve seen, Iowa has trouble against a tough perimeter defense. Could be a game where Clarke would be forced to throw up a ton of shots, because she has to, but Iowa loses by at least 15 as UConn would have no problem successfully operating their offense. Would highlight the importance of “team” of talented players over one or 2 talented offensive individuals.
Whatever the number of points Clarke gets in a game with UConn is probably around the same number of points that is UConn’s margin of victory.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Assuming Baylor beats TX today, there is little chance the Longhorns move past the Huskies. TX beating Iowa St yesterday probably cements their position as a 2-seed. But the only way they jump UConn would be by defeating Baylor today.
Not such a sure thing. The committee could go either way on this one. Since the last reveal, even assuming a loss today, Texas will have added quality wins over a top 10 team in Iowa State plus wins over Kansas and Kansas State, which are both safely in the field. UConn's best win since the last reveal is over a bubble team. There's no question which of the two teams has enhanced its resume more significantly since the last reveal.

The thing is, if both UConn and Texas are 2 seeds we might not know for certain which ended up higher in the committee's ranking. Just because UConn ends up in Bridgeport doesn't mean they were ranked higher than Texas. I'm sure UConn fans could care less which is a higher 2 seed as long as UConn is put in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Texas over Iowa State in OT.

Texas?Baylor tomorrow.
I live in Austin and no way on earth Texas beats Baylor. Baylor has had Texas' number for so long now. I wouldn't even consider it a possibility.

Reaction Score
If Bridgeport ends up like it looks now. That has to be the scariest/roughest road to the National championship EVER for UConn. With Paige maybe 75% physically good and 50% mentally good, that’s going to be a hard pill to swallow. Literally just one game to make adjustments and gel as best they can. Just a bubble team win for this squad. Not sure how this will play out against KY, Iowa (this is better than KY though) NC State then SC in Final 4. Award? Probably Stanford in NC game. I mean, just damn….

Even on a 2 for 1 sale of rose colored glasses some folks on the board seem to be wearing, just not realistic IMO.

But boy I would LOVE to be wrong !

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Bridgeport ends up like it looks now. That has to be the scariest/roughest road to the National championship EVER for UConn. With Paige maybe 100% physically good and 50% mentally good, that’s going to be a hard pill to swallow. Literally just one game to make adjustments and gel as best they can. Just a bubble team win for this squad. Not sure how this will play out against KY, Iowa (this is better than KY though) NC State then SC in Final 4. Award? Probably Stanford in NC game. I mean, just damn….

Even on a 2 for 1 sale of rose colored glasses some folks on the board seem to be wearing, just not realistic IMO.

But boy I would LOVE to be wrong !
You need to look at Crème’s latest bracketology from last night. If all the top seeds advance, UConn’s road to the FF in Bridgeport is American U, Florida, Michigan & NC St. No KY or Iowa, although both would be decided underdogs facing UConn in the state of CT.

Reaction Score
I thought that Baylor would be a heavy favorite today. But the Vegas line only has Baylor favored by 3.5 points over the Longhorns. Follow the money!

Reaction Score
You need to look at Crème’s latest bracketology from last night. If all the top seeds advance, UConn’s road to the FF in Bridgeport is American U, Florida, Michigan & NC St. No KY or Iowa, although both would be decided underdogs facing UConn in the state of CT.
Oh!! Didn’t realize it was updated again. Thanks! Much better.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I thought that Baylor would be a heavy favorite today. But the Vegas line only has Baylor favored by 3.5 points over the Longhorns. Follow the money!
Baylor & TX played back to back, home & home games in early Feb. Baylor won by 12 in Waco & by 8 in Austin. 3.5 does seem a bit low, particularly given the way Baylor is playing right now.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If Baylor wins convincingly, they will replace Louisville as the #1 seed. Louisville drop to a 2 seed.

No effect on our seeding. I believe we are the #2 seed in Bridgeport. Voepel, in her latest article, has UConn as the 2 seed in Bridgeport.

As to who will be a difficult opponent, obviously NC State. Follow that with Michigan. No need to worry about Iowa. They're in the Greensboro region according to Creme. I don't see them getting by SC.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Kentucky Baylor and UConn seem to be the hottest teams in the tourney. I am looking forward to todays Texas Baylor game.

Reaction Score
LOL...Don't EVER bet against Vegas!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I live in Austin and no way on earth Texas beats Baylor. Baylor has had Texas' number for so long now. I wouldn't even consider it a possibility.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Kentucky Baylor and UConn seem to be the hottest teams in the tourney. I am looking forward to todays Texas Baylor game.
I’d add Stanford in. They solved their guard problem long ago and have been running on all cylinders for quite some time. Pretty sure longest winning streak in the country and look mighty comfortable with each other.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Assuming Baylor beats TX today, there is little chance the Longhorns move past the Huskies. TX beating Iowa St yesterday probably cements their position as a 2-seed. But the only way they jump UConn would be by defeating Baylor today. Texas does not matchup well with Baylor’s athletic Bigs. They hung on against a gritty Iowa St team. But beating Baylor, a team that’s playing their best basketball right now, isn’t in the cards for TX.

tenor.gif

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Enjoy the win today. I should know betttr then to bet against Vic Schaefer. Good luck in the Big Dance.
All in good fun.

Most folks were predicting Baylor to win today, just like most were predicting Maryland to curb-stomp Texas in last season's Sweet 16 matchup.

Reaction Score
Texas dominated Baylor today. Good for them. Whomever said earlier no way that happens, they need to go buy a lottery ticket…..

Reaction Score
Uh oh! I just read that Baylor lost to Texas in the conference championship.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, this post didn’t live a long life...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom