OT: - Affects our seed? | The Boneyard

OT: Affects our seed?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think it will especially since no one knows what our seed currently is. I guess we have to wait for Charlie to chime in. :rolleyes:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Creme has Iowa State as a two seed in Greensboro with South Carolina. If he is right, I suspect they stay there as a result of the close loss. That is, they don`t move up or down. I am surprised they could hang with Texas, who crushed them twice previously.

That is good news for UConn, I think. If Iowa State had won, they might have switched places with UConn. (He has UConn as a two in Bridgeport, as we all know.)

He has Texas as a three seed but I don`t think they jump UConn even if they were to beat Baylor. Baylor is looking good and might take the fourth number one seed from Louisville.

Reaction Score
I believe that a Baylor win tomorrow just flip flops them with Louisville as the #1 seed in Wichita.
A Texas win would likely switch them with Iowa State as the #2 seed in Greensboro. The Hawkeyes would then be the #3 seed in Spokane.
Of course, the committee might have closed the books already since the finals result won't impact their brackets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With Iowa State losing, I would be surprised if UConn is not the 2 seed in Bridgeport tomorrow.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This thread's theme song... I'm Walking (to Bridgeport) by Fat's Domino.:)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
OMG Please stop UConn will be in Bridgeport and I am very certain of that. LVille lost and will drop a couple of spots. The 4th 1 seed will be either Baylor or UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah, because speculating about things that have not yet occurred is really not a thing in sports.
I was commenting on people obsessing about where UConn might play when we’ll know for sure in 24 hours.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Here's a recap of what has happened since the 02/28 had the following rankings:

#1 South Carolina (Greensboro, NC)
#2 Stanford (Spokane, WA)
#3 North Carolina State (Bridgeport, CT)
#4 Louisville (Wichita, KS)
#5 Baylor
#6 Iowa State
#7 LSU
#8 Michigan
#9 UConn
#10 Texas

That night, Baylor drubbed ISU in Ames.

As other conference tourneys began last week, Louisville, LSU, and MIchigan were upset in their conference tournament quarterfinals.

And, while the committee hasn't had another reveal, Charlie Creme has Baylor potentially moving ahead of Louisville if they win the Big 12 tourney. He has UConn moving up to #6 overall. He only dropped ISU to #8. He kept LSU at #7; moved Michigan to #9 and kept Texas at #10.

Part of the reason for Creme's placement is because teams from the same conference in the Top 16 cannot be placed in the same regional. So, LSU can't be in #1 South Carolina's regional; so, they can't be #8/9; have to be #7 (or 10). He couldn't really move Texas up to #9 because he has ISU has #8; so, had to separate the two Big 12 teams into different regions.

As of the latest Big 12 tournament games, Baylor picked up another Q1 win against Oklahoma (who Creme still believes to be a Top 16 seed); that makes Baylor's record against NET Q1 teams 8-4.

Meanwhile, Texas picked up 2 more Q1 wins against Kansas State and Iowa State which makes their record against NET Q1 teams 10-4. That win total is fourth highest in the country. That's now Texas' fourth win against the Top 10 (@Stanford, and 3 against ISU). If Texas beats Baylor tomorrow, that will be 11 Q1 wins, and 5 wins against the Top 10. So, Texas has the potential to vault from #10. How high? That's up to the committee. I could see anywhere from #4 to #7.

If Baylor beats Texas, then Baylor and Louisville are 4/5 or 5/4. Texas would be 6 or 7, IMO. Unfortunately for Texas, if LSU is ranked #8 by the committee, we might get the procedural bump down to #8 in order to avoid having LSU in #1 South Carolina's region. If the committee has Texas at 7, Iowa State at 8, and LSU at #9, then they'd give the procedural bump to LSU down to #10.

All speculation, of course! Things will either clear up pretty easily tomorrow (if Baylor wins) or get more complicated for the committee if Texas wins.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And I was being sarcastic when I threw Charlie's name in...

Reaction Score
I think for us to get to Bridgeport, we want a big Baylor win.
I don’t think it affects us one way or the other. If Baylor wins, they are the number four; if they lose, they are the number five and Louisville is four. If Texas wins, they are not going to jump to number six; we have that sacked.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don’t think it affects us one way or the other. If Baylor wins, they are the number four; if they lose, they are the number five and Louisville is four. If Texas wins, they are not going to jump to number six; we have that sacked.
UConn was #9 on the 02/28 reveal, and Texas was #10. Both will benefit from teams seeded ahead of them having lost. Texas will be the only team to have beaten 1 or 2 teams seeded ahead of them, though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't agree.

If TX beats Baylor, they will have added these quality wins since the last reveal:
— Baylor (#5 in last reveal)
— Iowa State (#6 in last reveal)
— Kansas and Kansas State (both projected easily in the field)

Unfortunately, UConn has beaten no one better than a bubble team since the last reveal.

I don't think that would be a difficult decision at all for the committee to move Texas ahead of UConn.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Iowa was up to 10 NET Q1 wins, as well. They really piled up some Q1 wins down the stretch. Wonder how high they will move up tomorrow.

Reaction Score
OMG Please stop UConn will be in Bridgeport and I am very certain of that. LVille lost and will drop a couple of spots. The 4th 1 seed will be either Baylor or UConn.
there is 0 and I mean 0 chance Uconn is a 1 seed. I don't even like Louisville but if Uconn replaced them that be so stupid. If anyone is a 1 it's Baylor if they win and if they do they should be.

Reaction Score
When realistic aspirations are the NC, seedings should be meaningless except to those fans hoping to see their favorite team in person.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I don't care where they play, just Iowa out of our region. BTW, Iowa are the Hawkeyes, not Iowa State.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ass
I don't agree.

If TX beats Baylor, they will have added these quality wins since the last reveal:
— Baylor (#5 in last reveal)
— Iowa State (#6 in last reveal)
— Kansas and Kansas State (both projected easily in the field)

Unfortunately, UConn has beaten no one better than a bubble team since the last reveal.

I don't think that would be a difficult decision at all for the committee to move Texas ahead of UConn.
Assuming Baylor beats TX today, there is little chance the Longhorns move past the Huskies. TX beating Iowa St yesterday probably cements their position as a 2-seed. But the only way they jump UConn would be by defeating Baylor today. Texas does not matchup well with Baylor’s athletic Bigs. They hung on against a gritty Iowa St team. But beating Baylor, a team that’s playing their best basketball right now, isn’t in the cards for TX.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom