Advice needed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because they are "churchy", am I too assume that there will be no alcohol involved?? Or are they your typical closet drinking bible thumpers??

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My wife scheduled a "Happy Spring" party for tonight. I'm up in NH and the people coming are "churchy", so no one besides me is interested in UConn. She said I can have the game on TV with no sound, but I have to refrain from being my usual berserk self. Plus, I have to play the host and be social and make non-March Madness conversation. Right now she's furiously cleaning the house while I"m pretending to pay bills and my Saturday business work.

How do I survive this, beside making turkey sandwiches with ketchup?

I HOPE THIS IS A JOKE, if not, I hate being mean, you are a joke
UConn is playing #1 in the NCAA tournament and your wife is telling you what is the expectation
My wife would be lucky if she would even see me.

Reaction Score
Finally back from the art show. My wife is letting me watch Yale/Duke, as long as I do party prep during time outs, etc. Now, where did I put my apron...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
zaH7pmK.jpg
SHUT UP AND EAT THE MOJO SANDWICH COMMIE!!!

(but well played.)

Reaction Score
There is no hard liquor, but plenty of wine. So, one strategy is fill up the wine glasses fast & furious from 6-7:30. By 7:45 the guests might not care where I am or what I'm doing. Oops, TV break, time to dust...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So I was at a church dinner last week honoring some do gooders or something...wasn't paying attention. There was no UConn game on. It was not sports related. Yet, I went off on some Little East pretender who had the temerity to claim compare his motely collection of has beens and never weres to the actually Big East. I probably did a good ten minutes on it. In the end he slunk away beaten and confused. Yeah we have to become Presbyterians or Buddhists or something now but I did not shirk the call of duty.

Go to the drawer where your wife keeps your balls, slip them back on and let her know how it's going to be. By the way if you engage your whole group and invite them to watch with you, you'll have a room full of bible thumpers doing the U C O N N cheer by half way through the 1st quarter.

Oh and you better hope that no bullsh!t calls go against us otherwise when you react appropriately, you will see a whole lot of this face:

upload_2016-3-19_15-13-31.png

Reaction Score
In case all the responses from people who are divorced or trapped in loveless marriages aren't helpful, I'd say DVR it, put your cell in another room, and kick the guests out after dessert.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So I was at a church dinner last week honoring some do gooders or something...wasn't paying attention. There was no UConn game on. It was not sports related. Yet, I went off on some Little East pretender who had the temerity to claim compare his motely collection of has beens and never weres to the actually Big East. I probably did a good ten minutes on it. In the end he slunk away beaten and confused. Yeah we have to become Presbyterians or Buddhists or something now but I did not shirk the call of duty.

Go to the drawer where your wife keeps your balls, slip them back on and let her know how it's going to be. By the way if you engage your whole group and invite them to watch with you, you'll have a room full of bible thumpers doing the U C O N N cheer by half way through the 1st quarter.

Oh and you better hope that no bullsh!t calls go against us otherwise when you react appropriately, you will see a whole lot of this face:

View attachment 12662

A - Good job defending the true Big East (which now is merely a thing of legend).
B - Like there's a chance no bullsh!t calls will go against us.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
In case all the responses from people who are divorced or trapped in loveless marriages aren't helpful, I'd say DVR it, put your cell in another room, and kick the guests out after dessert.

Lol. you sound like a barrel of fun.

And the second beta has now entered the thread. We have a quorum.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Lol. you sound like a barrel of fun.

And the second beta has now entered the thread. We have a quorum.
I'll bet there isn't one ball between the two of them.

August_West

Reaction Score
Finally back from the art show. My wife is letting me watch Yale/Duke, as long as I do party prep during time outs, etc. Now, where did I put my apron...
Ok now you're just trolling . Good thread premise OP. But you went too far and blew your cover.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
My wife scheduled a "Happy Spring" party for tonight. I'm up in NH and the people coming are "churchy", so no one besides me is interested in UConn. She said I can have the game on TV with no sound, but I have to refrain from being my usual berserk self. Plus, I have to play the host and be social and make non-March Madness conversation. Right now she's furiously cleaning the house while I"m pretending to pay bills and my Saturday business work.

https://www.letsgetdivorced.com/

http://www.liquormaps.com/how-to-find-a-liquor-delivery-service-near-you/

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
It's either one of two things:

1) it's gotten too crazy, it's obviously a joke. No man has that big of a va-jay jay, especially a boneyarder, nature would not allow it.

Or

2) you have a situation similar to modern family, and your wife is Sofia Vergara, if that's the case, do what you have to do brotha

Reaction Score

educate them to the excitment that is UCONN HOOPS !

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

So in other words, torture? Your wife needs to take lessons from @August_West s wife.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
1) it's gotten too crazy, it's obviously a joke. No man has that big of a va-jay jay, especially a boneyarder, nature would not allow it.

I strongly beg to differ with that particular statement. I'm guessing you've avoided the yard after a loss this year.

Reaction Score
Want to listen to the play-by-play but not 'allowed' to sound on TV? - Put on a set of Bluetooth headphones and go to March Madness live feed on your Mac/PC. Turn up volume and you accomplish two goals, you listen to game and shut out any conversation with your wife's guests.

Want to make some noise - you're in friggin' New Hampshire which very recently gave Donnie the largest number of votes in the GOP primary. There is a high degree of probability that a good number of your wife's 'churchy' guests will be carrying a Bible with a copy of the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution tucked into the front cover. Remind one and all of your First Amendment right of free speech and that the Preamble to the Declaration states that the Creator endowed you with the inalienable right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness, yell your brains out and tell all that you are a God-fearing American defending the rights of all present.

August_West

Reaction Score
It's either one of two things:

This. Men like him exist, but if they are really like that they don't care that there is hoops tonight, and they ESPECIALLY don't post on a fan message board.

That was an easy troll outing.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I strongly beg to differ with that particular statement. I'm guessing you've avoided the yard after a loss this year.
ehhh I dunno, I kinda think there's a difference between bitching and being a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01