Adubs European "vacation" | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sorry guys. I told you this would take a few days anyway but thought I’d have more energy.

So , the scotch and codeine didn’t kill me , :) ( I haven’t taken any anyway) but unfortunately this Covid has turned on me a bit.
After my car ride yesterday I was really wiped when I got to the house in innellan yesterday evening, and it seems by blood oxygen level has been running at 92, 93 if I’m lucky. Just been sleeping a lot . I’ll be fine, I just don’t want it to go lower and I am really sluggish . I don’t run a fever really at all now, or anything else, it seems to have just shifted to my chest. If it doesn’t improve tomorrow, I’m gonna have to go to NHS to be safe.

Whatever variant this is, is a ton more butt kicking than what I had in December.

I’ll be back
Well, take it easy. I know it sucks to be sick on vacation but don’t push yourself too much.

Reaction Score
5A1B29F7-7200-403C-A460-9390C73D4003.gif

Reaction Score
Don't prioritize the drugs and scotch (even if you want to)... Respect the VID.. .. Wee drams are the answer..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have you read what he’s going through? Drugs and alcohol are all he has left.
Dont Do That No GIF by 5-hour ENERGY®

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Sorry guys. I told you this would take a few days anyway but thought I’d have more energy.

So , the scotch and codeine didn’t kill me , :) ( I haven’t taken any anyway) but unfortunately this Covid has turned on me a bit.
After my car ride yesterday I was really wiped when I got to the house in innellan yesterday evening, and it seems by blood oxygen level has been running at 92, 93 if I’m lucky. Just been sleeping a lot . I’ll be fine, I just don’t want it to go lower and I am really sluggish . I don’t run a fever really at all now, or anything else, it seems to have just shifted to my chest. If it doesn’t improve tomorrow, I’m gonna have to go to NHS to be safe.

Whatever variant this is, is a ton more butt kicking than what I had in December.

I’ll be back
'I’ll be back...'

ur dang right you'll be back.
Dirty-Fast-Food-Signs-013.jpg

just a little sumthin, sumthin, me and the boys over in customer service worked up as a get well greeting for ya. you know, to remind you of home, where the heart is. and the meats.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I’ll be back
Do they have any mucinex type products at Boots? NHS might be able to get you Paxlovid, no idea how UK is at prescribing it. Butt kicking is just as likely to be from you attempting to actually do things while sick. Get rest. How is your GF doing with it? Better than you hopefully.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Do they have any mucinex type products at Boots? NHS might be able to get you Paxlovid, no idea how UK is at prescribing it. Butt kicking is just as likely to be from you attempting to actually do things while sick. Get rest. How is your GF doing with it? Better than you hopefully.
GF doing much better. Most important thing . I’m slightly improving too . Hit 95 on blood ox today for quite a bit. That’s the right direction.

So we are going to start in Edinburgh but to whet our appetites since you guys already know a bunch we will read ahead to yesterday to a social media post my now sister-in law made. I’ll deconstruct the rest tgat is wrong with that in due time.

I think you can imagine my reaction.

“I honestly couldn’t have dreamed up a day more magical than this. Everything truly exceeded our expectations. Thank you to all the vendors for making this day possible. And to all our friends and family that made the arduous trek across the Atlantic to be there for us on our wedding day. I had this crazy vision in January 2021, and there were moments I didn’t think we could actually pull it off, but it all came together beautifully! Best day of our lives ❤️“

If I could breathe I would’ve rode a bicycle to skye and throttled her.

Reaction Score
GF doing much better. Most important thing . I’m slightly improving too . Hit 95 on blood ox today for quite a bit. That’s the right direction.

So we are going to start in Edinburgh but to whet our appetites since you guys already know a bunch we will read ahead to yesterday to a social media post my now sister-in law made. I’ll deconstruct the rest tgat is wrong with that in due time.

“I honestly couldn’t have dreamed up a day more magical than this. Everything truly exceeded our expectations. Thank you to all the vendors for making this day possible. And to all our friends and family that made the arduous trek across the Atlantic to be there for us on our wedding day. I had this crazy vision in January 2021, and there were moments I didn’t think we could actually pull it off, but it all came together beautifully! Best day of our lives ❤️“

Does she not know you all had a nightmarish trip and got Covid?

If she does know and still sent that message you guys need to throw her off a cliff or at least cut her out of your lives.

August_West

Reaction Score
Does she not know you all had a nightmarish trip and got Covid?

If she does know and still sent that message you guys need to throw her off a cliff or at least cut her out of your lives.
Of course she does, her father her step father her mother her sister her two step brothers and their 7 combined kids all have Covid. ALL had cancelled flights too . Her 22 British aunts uncles and cousins, 17 positive and they are still testing. SHE has Covid. And made that post.

Reaction Score
Bonus points if you can find a giant wooden mallet and reenact the scene from Midsommar.:confused:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Yah but she probably got a lot of likes on Instagram sooooo…

Reaction Score
God help you. Instagram weddings are the worst and it feels like every couple I know wants to get married now that things are open after Covid. And no one can just have a normal wedding at a local venue or their house. It needs to be am event FOR THE AGES. I have turned down something like 12 wedding invites in the past year. Bali, Mexico, LA... I am not spending 1000s to go to your wedding. We didn't even go to my sister-in-laws wedding in Mexico this spring. If you want me to go on vacation with you, then pay for it.

I think I can say it here since my wife doesn't check the yard for the first time: i hate her sister. That woman is vain, narcissistic and an absolute beeyotch.
There are so many directions I want to go with this reply, but my first thought was the destination bachelor party I was invited to last week.

My friend’s brother sent a page-long FOR THE AGES email and the BP is a long weekend in Costa Rica late August or early September.

My first thought was “f no” and then I felt guilty for thinking that, but then I came to my senses and thought I’m already taking off work and paying $800+ for lodging/gas/gift to attend the wedding in Maine, so declining a $1000s trip that would force me to take more time off from work took away that guilt.

Granted, I’m not a big BP guy anyways even though I had one (afternoon Yankees game > steakhouse > bar hang, approx 12 hours). chef’s kiss

Reaction Score
I know this is me just being an old guy, but I don't get the amount of money folks are supposed to spend to celebrate a "pre-wedding" with friends. I just don't understand thinking it's polite or reasonable to make friends think they owe you being willing to spend a few thousand bucks for a long weekend in addition to the time and money they will spend on your wedding.

I went out for a few beers the night before my wedding with my two best friends and the brother who was of drinking age. The only other bachelor parties I went to were all one night affairs not requiring an overnight. I don't get why those aren't sufficient.

But to each their own.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are so many directions I want to go with this reply, but my first thought was the destination bachelor party I was invited to last week.

My friend’s brother sent a page-long FOR THE AGES email and the BP is a long weekend in Costa Rica late August or early September.

My first thought was “f no” and then I felt guilty for thinking that, but then I came to my senses and thought I’m already taking off work and paying $800+ for lodging/gas/gift to attend the wedding in Maine, so declining a $1000s trip that would force me to take more time off from work took away that guilt.

Granted, I’m not a big BP guy anyways even though I had one (afternoon Yankees game > steakhouse > bar hang, approx 12 hours). chef’s kiss
Yeah hard pass on any “traditional” BP’s for me. My BP was taking the boys upland bird hunting (many first time wing shooters) and then into NYC for dinner/drinks. Nobody had to go into their pocket I took care of the whole deal.

August_West

Reaction Score
So Edinburgh…..

We managed to get about 3 hours sleep in that fleabag Ramada in London, no AC etc…

It was doing us no good and we were awake so we decided to head over to Kings Cross which was about 12 miles ( a 90 minute Uber, seriously) from the Ramada. We got to kings cross at 945 and bought tickets for the 11am train to Edinburgh. We were booked the next 4 days in the Scotsman hotel in Edinburgh which is a world class hotel, certainly things were going to get better. The trains were all pretty much sold out to Edinburgh because of the gdamn 150th British Open. No way to by assigned seats or anything. All sold out, so we bought two general tickets and then ran like hell when the gate came up on board to make sure pregnant GF had a seat. We did and the train left on time and even got into Edinburgh 6 minutes early.

August_West

Reaction Score
The Scotsman is one of the best pieces of real estate in Edinburgh. On the old town side of north bridge and at the corner of the beginning of the royal mile.
Waverly station directly across market on other side which is a convenient cut through to new town and princes st. You really can’t be in a better spot in Edinburgh. It was so convenient that we were able to get off train, walk out market st exit and the alternate market st lift to Scotsman was 50 feet away.

We go and check in and they tell us that for some reason we had a different room for Thursday than we did for Friday -Sun but that they fixed it and didn’t want us to have to move and they got it all sorted.

We get into our suite and dear lord was I happy.
A fireplace!
78CE0872-96BD-4964-8117-588725A6AB13.jpeg

August_West

Reaction Score
Comped drams!

Attachments

• 46D26565-60CC-4DBF-84FE-C3E4D22D87C6.jpeg
    46D26565-60CC-4DBF-84FE-C3E4D22D87C6.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 171

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads