Adubs European "vacation" | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I must say, while pre-pandemic I have totally avoided budget airlines, I'm curious about Europe from Stewart and now being able to fly to Vegas, LA and SF non-stop from White Plains. Not even about saving money, as much as just being able to avoid having to go in and out of a large airport on one end. (Not to mention how many hours before a flight I now would have to leave Fairfield to be comfortable that I won't be scrambling to make my flight at Kennedy.

Stewart makes White Plains look like JFK.

You’re generally parked and through TSA in a few minutes. There are multiple gates, but I have only ever seen one in use at a time. Parking is cheap and there is tons of it. You’re always parked right off the terminal. There’s no overflow or shuttle necessary.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Nigel Thamesmore: "Hey, here comes the blahgger"

Ian McHavoren: [makes a phone call to Charlie Daultry, his friend, the checker]

Animated GIF

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nigel Thamesmore: "Hey, here comes the blahgger"

Ian McHavoren: [makes a phone call to Charlie Daultry, his friend, the checker]

Animated GIF
Ok now that is funny! Because I’ve never seen braveheart and have been lectured since I got here on why I have to, and other incredulous interjections of “ what’s wrong with you” because as I type this I can see the William Wallace monument, and where that whole battle took place, from my bedroom window. From what I’m told ( I’ll see for myself tomorrow ) the statue at the monument looks more like Mel Gibson than William Wallace.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok now that is funny! Because I’ve never seen braveheart and have been lectured since I got here on why I have to, and other incredulous interjections of “ what’s wrong with you” because as I type this I can see the William Wallace monument, and where that whole battle took place, from my bedroom window. From what I’m told ( I’ll see for myself tomorrow ) the statue At the monument I’m told looks more like Mel Gibson than William Wallace.
Try this one out when you are being lectured about Braveheart: according to a much smarter friend of mine, it contains one of the most fundamental movie anachronisms of all time, in that its central theme is freedom, but man had not yet developed the concept of individual freedom by that period in history.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Try this one out when you are being lectured about Braveheart: according to a much smarter friend of mine, it contains one of the most fundamental movie anachronisms of all time, in that its central theme is freedom, but man had not yet developed the concept of individual freedom by that period in history.

You get punched a lot, don’t you?

August_West

Reaction Score
GF is reading this over my shoulder and laughing, and with her Scottish pride corrected me via Wikipedia and said “ the monument is right there ( out the window) but the statue is not…. Here read this “

Holy lol I love scots

The statue was deeply unpopular, being described as "among the most loathed pieces of public art in Scotland".[13] and was regularly vandalised[14] before being placed in a cage to prevent further damage.
It was returned to Church ( the artist) , who, after an unsuccessful attempt to sell it at auction,[13] reportedly offered it to Donald Trump's Menie estate golf resort.[16]
However, it remained in the garden of the sculptor's home, where it was incorporated into a replica of a castle, and with additions to it that included the head of the decapitated governor of York.[17] In April 2016, it was reported in local press that the statue might be moved to Ardrossan's old Barony Church.[18] In September 2021, it was moved to Glebe Park stadium in Brechin.[19]

DD3B89F3-8564-4F81-B8E4-A836EC150DAA.jpeg

August_West

Reaction Score
So… Anyone else wondering about whether it’s a good idea for August to be mixing opioids with scotch?
A real opioid? Definitely not with alcohol. Don’t do it. Seriously. Weak codeine? It’s the only way to fly and way more efficient that British Airways .

Reaction Score
So my GF dad is that and then went to university in Glasgow, I love listening to him. Also Glaswegians use a “C” word that is taboo in America, but thrown out every other word in a pub here in a non offensive matter. Hard to get used to, i wince and duck every time.
Honestly this was the first thing I noticed about my British friends when I met them -- yes they use some silly words like "carpark", but the most noticeable one is using the C-word the way Americans casually throw around "d__k".

Reaction Score
There must be lyrics to half an album in this adventure.
Kinda like "The Wall" but with the "c" world sprinkled about liberally.
Mother do ya think they'll find the bags?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
adventures in crapistan?
only-thing-worse-than-watching-a-bad-movie-is-being-in-one-quote-1.jpg

should've booked Newport, Rhode Island, USA, for le gran affaire. lotsa folks there talk funny and drink like fish, too, so u wouldn't be missing nothing, and u can jump in the surf when ur brain starts to melt. also, iffn u get cheesed off too much, u just point the car toward home, and go there.

on the udder hand, the NYSE Airline Index took a fall today, and the fear is that it is on the road down. with this 'Auggie in Paradise' tblog, well, u got juice, so there's that, and based on this tour de farce narrative, im buying puts tomorrow. thanks.
i bet ur gf could really use a broccolirabe and sausage thing right aboot now.
high cuisine.
i like the maritime reports from the bbc4 at ten before the hour. thats all i got on the subject. 'isle of wight, seas 2 to 4. pressure average, changing later. conditions good to poor, winds west/northwest, then south/southeast. cornwall, seas 4 to ......'

Reaction Score
It takes me about 5 seconds to throw in a FFS when around Brits. For ____ Sake.
It just rolls off the lips.

Love that they call the highways, Parkways or Interstates an Autoway or Motorway. Makes more sense than driving on a Parkway and parking in a driveway.
2 peoples separated by a common language

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i think that management here should be ramping up the Boneyard Seals battalion. thinks are getting edgy over there, and we may have to chopper in to pull him out of that mess.
brothers in arms and all that. we'll just look up at the sky for the arby's signal.
and we'll be packing zinc and vitamin c tabs. and pizza.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There must be lyrics to half an album in this adventure.
Kinda like "The Wall" but with the "c" world sprinkled about liberally.
Mother do ya think they'll find the bags?
I was thinking more of a Billy Idol song.

Hey girlfriend’s sister what have you done?
You invited us to Scotland under the gun.
You know that the airlines have shutdowns.
You know the BA lounge is rundown.
You picked the wrong time for a ….
Instagram wedding

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr