Adubs European "vacation" | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Adubs European "vacation"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No. But I only tested twice in UK. Figured time was on my side
So it's not a rebound case. Interesting.

Hope you are in touch with your doctor then, and that you heal up soon.

Reaction Score
Thought you could test positive for awhile after getting it but couldnt give it fo anybody after initial test

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Glad you’re back, but can’t help but feel you and the gf took out a whole plane…
Maybe. We masked even though not required. Actually no airport in UK requires masks right now , but JFK did when we were landing home, and BA gave everyone masks getting off plane. Funnily enough when we got to customs we were only two still wearing them. People just don’t care anymore. All of them all stripes

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
US suspended that in June thank god. Or me and 60 other people would still be there
I imagine that there are at least a few in the state department who now are regretting that decision.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Glad you’re back, but can’t help but feel you and the gf took out a whole plane…
And imagine how much better the story would be if he was still there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And imagine how much better the story would be if he was still there.
… And designated as an undesirable for reentry due to his active “Scottish Covid”.

(Semi related - I hope his girlfriends doing OK. Tough to be dealing with this seven months pregnant.)

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah instead you pounded scotch
Pretty sure the surgeon general says you can go either way with that. In Scotland, scotch was definitely the answer. he probably just needed a higher dosage.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
No. Couldn’t get in UK when it would’ve made difference
If you think you want Paxlovid...get it before you get Covid. You need to take it early on in the process. Waiting until you get Covid to get a prescription can be stressful.

My doctor ordered my a prescription before I went on a cruise...just in case.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I forgot to mention that Heathrow has asked all carriers to cancel outgoing flights for remainder of summer lol.
didn't have to since it was posted at #239. no wonder youse people have such a tough time doing anything, ur logistics planning based on good intel is umm, real bad. really, really, bad. prolly due to all the noise from barking beagles.
and now, youse talk aboot ba 5. good luck!

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I hate my sisterinlaw and yesterday she is bragging how her wedding pics are viral as “wedding of the summer” and have been picked up by news outlets.

Yeah her wedding went viral
We get it, the wedding had Covid - now get back to the story!

:p In all seriousness hope you all recover well, finally got had a bout myself a few weeks ago, sounds like yours was a lot worse. Looking forward to the next tribulation AW.

Reaction Score
For those worried about travelling... I've been in South Africa and Zimbabwe for 3 weeks. Better airport experiences than I've ever had in my life after like 20 countries visited. I think the longest wait I've had anywhere was 5 minutes. Everything is cheap as hell. Some of the best travel of my life.

I think outside of Europe things are pretty different

CL82

Reaction Score
We get it, the wedding had Covid - now get back to the story!
Well, as far as I can tell from the story the first person to exhibit Covid symptoms was August’s girlfriend. So pretty much she took out the entire wedding.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah her wedding went viral
Literally.

Were you positive again on a home test or PCR? You'll be positive for 6 weeks or more on PCR tests post infection. I wouldn't worry about that. Unlikely you were still contagious when you flew home. That period is pretty short.

Reaction Score
Since AW isn't updating, figured I could share my own travel experience.

I am currently in Zimbabwe visiting a friend. I was in the middle of nowhere a few days ago on a road trip from Harare (the capital) to Victoria Falls (where I am now).

Stopped for gas and this 20 or so year old started talking to me about Kemba Walker. My buddy had to translate the Shona language, but it turns out that March Madness in 2011 was one of the first big sporting events they had western TV for in his village. All the kids watched it together, and Kemba is still his favorite player. Of course I had to give him my shirt!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I am currently in Zimbabwe visiting a friend. I was in the middle of nowhere a few days ago on a road trip from Harare (the capital) to Victoria Falls (where I am now).

Stopped for gas and this 20 or so year old started talking to me about Kemba Walker. My buddy had to translate the Shona language, but it turns out that March Madness in 2011 was one of the first big sporting events they had western TV for in his village. All the kids watched it together, and Kemba is still his favorite player. Of course I had to give him my shirt!
In other words, you just got hustled by a local.

You just know he went home and added it to the pile off garb he’s talked off of tourists.

Reaction Score

You just know he went home and added it to the pile off garb he’s talked off of tourists.

Probable. Still a cool story. Wouldn't expect a random kid in rural Zimbabwe to know who Kemba is, regardless. Not exactly a place to put a pile of garb though; the whole town was shanty's smaller than the place I park my car.

Reaction Score

That's awesome. Man, you travel a ton and to some pretty off the beaten path places for most.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Right on top of the pile of 2007 & 2011 Patriots Super Bowl Champs and Duke 1999 National Champion tees that relief agencies handed out.

Reaction Score
Right on top of the pile of 2007 & 2011 Patriots Super Bowl Champs and Duke 1999 National Champion tees that relief agencies handed out.
Funny story related to that. In the fall of 2010 I'm in Marshalls in the Back Bay of Boston. I see some Celtics shirts and was going to get them for my sons. I look at the shirt and it says Celtics 2010 NBA Champions. I do a double take. It does indeed say that. They're trying to sell those in Boston?! Are you kidding me?! I always thought they shipped those things out to Third World countries. Somewhere I have the picture of the shirt. I will try to find it and post it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom