Adams out of starting lineup | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adams out of starting lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think the "thing" Jalen has that nobody else on the team has is . . . SWAGGER.
He had two points, 1 rb, 1 as, 1, stl, and 1 blk all game. Coming in the most crucial time. That's impressive. I can't wait until he's allowed to fully lead the team. Maybe that's why Ollie is being so hard on him now. To make sure when he does he's able to be the best leader possible.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Blackbird, can you please give some examples of Gibbs selfishness. I must be missing something.
I can. It happens almost every time. In fact I was going to post this topic this morning. I saw two fast breaks were Gibbs should of passed to the trailer. Also the last one I saw was an easy pass to Purvis which he didn't and missed the layup. This happens every game. I am surprised YOU haven't noticed.

Reaction Score
Temple may be atop the AAC but they're an average team at best. Tulsa is marginal. SMU, Cincinnati, and UConn are still the best three teams in the conference, though not by as much as we might have anticipated.
Have you seen Temple's wins in the AAC?....Swept Cincy, Swept UConn, Beat SMU & Tulsa....6-0 vs. AAC "better" teams. Yes, they have 2 & 3 pt loses @Memphis & @ECU but I would say Temple has easily been then best within the AAC so far. If they beat Nova I would say they will be the only AAC team safely in the tourney right now. UConn may be the best team in a month but right now give Temple some credit.

Reaction Score
Jalen scored 2 points? What about the key rebound in the game? KO. Just praised him so he's out of the dog house.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Adams has to grow up. It's one thing to make mistakes. It's another to screw up and gesture like it was someone else's fault. He's gotta stop that crap. That's not passion.

Reaction Score
Adams has to grow up. It's one thing to make mistakes. It's another to screw up and gesture like it was someone else's fault. He's gotta stop that crap. That's not passion.

Agree no doubt. He is tough on himself which I like but sometimes won't give into the fact he made a mistake or there was just a miscommunication instead looking at a teammate with a negative type gesture. He needs to stop than and keep playing thought these things, they happen.

Amida had a couple yesterday too which was unusual, mostly passion with him, but he caused DHam to shout back at him noticeably at one point under the basket.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't lump me in with them. I judge situations as they occur. He butchered this one.

Ok, in looking at a situation, surely you want to have all the facts before passing judgement. What was it that JA did exactly? I seem to be the only one who doesn't know.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Agree no doubt. He is tough on himself which I like but sometimes won't give into the fact he made a mistake or there was just a miscommunication instead looking at a teammate with a negative type gesture. He needs to stop than and keep playing thought these things, they happen.

Bazz had similar troubles as a sophomore. He'll get over it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ok, in looking at a situation, surely you want to have all the facts before passing judgement. What was it that JA did exactly? I seem to be the only one who doesn't know.
Got into it with coaches and players at halftime of Temple game.

Could be speculation though.

Reaction Score

Amida had a couple yesterday too which was unusual, mostly passion with him, but he caused DHam to shout back at him noticeably at one point under the basket.

So sick of iMac spell check - can't see it until I post - "than" should be that and "thought" should through.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
someone said he did not execute 2 defensive assignments, was pulled and then blew up over it. If that is in fact the case, as a player he would be pissed watching his team mates doing the same thing and still playing. We underestimate what a cut in playing time means to a kid like Jalen. He lives for that.

Then he should shape the duckck up and fix it. If he's indeed as talented as every one says, it should be no problem.

Reaction Score
We underestimate what a cut in playing time means to a kid like Jalen. He lives for that.

What a bunch of garbage.

What does a cut in playing time mean to a kid like Omar Calhoun? A kid whose playing time over four years waxed and waned from starter to out of the rotation and back again? It means less to him? I'm more impressed with THAT kid than the freshman who's been called out as selfish on multiple occasions this year.

Reaction Score
So sick of iMac spell check - can't see it until I post - "than" should be that and "thought" should through.
I feel your pain. Sometimes I read my posts afterwards and cringe. I assume people will usually know what I meant to say but part of me feels like a dumb*ss anyway. At least you're not one of these guys who writes then instead of than all the time :)

Reaction Score
What a bunch of garbage.

What does a cut in playing time mean to a kid like Omar Calhoun? A kid whose playing time over four years waxed and waned from starter to out of the rotation and back again? It means less to him? I'm more impressed with THAT kid than the freshman who's been called out as selfish on multiple occasions this year.
Who has called Adams out for being selfish? This is great we have people calling Gibbs and Adams out for being selfish now.

Reaction Score
What a bunch of garbage.

Wait what, who said Adams was selfish? Or did you just fabricate that to fit your narrative as resident boneyard contrarian?

The idea that any player who gets it with a player or coach at half time is selfish is nonsense.

Reaction Score
Really laughing at the "selfish" label . . .
Yeah, is this just speculation about JA? As I haven't seen it from his demeanor. He has been deferring to the upperclassmen all season and would prefer he becomes for "selfish".

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
What a bunch of garbage.

I agree. And blowing up at teammates in an inappropriate way is selfish. The Adams excusers will see KO, the other coaches and his teammates as wrong.

Reaction Score
I agree. And blowing up at teammates in an inappropriate way is selfish. The Adams excusers will see KO, the other coaches and his teammates as wrong.
Serious question. When did Adams blow up at teammates? Did that actually happen?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Serious question. When did Adams blow up at teammates? Did that actually happen?

We really don't know a lot. But it is pretty clear that around half-time of the Temple game he :went off on coahes and at least 1 teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom