Adams out of starting lineup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adams out of starting lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's just feeding into this narrative that literally everything Ollie does is the incorrect choice, no matter what it is. People were calling for a full-scale player mutiny the other night - you honestly think that would solve anything?

Don't lump me in with them. I judge situations as they occur. He butchered this one.

Reaction Score
I don't know what happened to get Adams in the, "Doghouse". But what I see out there is Adams making plays. Yes he makes mistakes but his are mistakes of inexperience. Not, I cannot catch a pass thrown right to me, or I cannot make a wide open layup, or even I double dribble for no reason. Even when he is playing bad, or playing scared, he makes plays. I don't understand how a team with so much talent can be so incredibly bad at times. What I do know is Adams needs to be out there more. People talk about foul discrepancies, that is cause nobody gets in the lane, ever. I know Hamilton does but even with all of his fakes, he tends not to draw fouls as much as you might think. Hamilton is the guy on this team but to be the guy he needs to have the pressure off of him. Adams takes pressure off him by creating more and drawing lots of defensive attention. I know Calhoun shot well this past game but we get far to passive without Adams in the game. Get him in there!

Reaction Score
We don't know what happened though.

Regardless, of what he did, Ollie's punishment is stupid. If it was indeed bad enough to sit him for almost a half, then not start him and play him very little in the first half of this game..and then look at him to bail us out. Again. That's a ridiculous way to punish someone. It was either bad enough to sit him down completely, and then not play him important minutes..or he didn't.

If inmates don't run the asylum, why is Gibbs getting the minutes he's getting? Regardless of off court, on court..he's terrible at running an offense and he's selfish as heck.

You now what it looks like to me?

Ollie is going with the hot hand.

He did it in the second half last night.

He did it in today's game.

Who are you going to sit other than Gibbs? Omar? Purvis?

Reaction Score
It's too goshdarn late in the season to throw out a starting backcourt of Gibbs and Calhoun, Ollie is driving me crazy.
KO might be trying to prove a point.
But he is kissing the season goodbye.
Totally destroyed the limited chemistry we had built.
He may have a good reason ,but this year is close to bring history.
Without JA in the line-up they resemble a Perno team.

Reaction Score
KO might be trying to prove a point.
But he is kissing the season goodbye.
Totally destroyed the limited chemistry we had built.
He may have a good reason ,but this year is close to bring history.
Without JA in the line-up they resemble a Perno team.

Let's not go crazy talking about chemistry that was built against ECU and UCF.

UConn is struggling against the top of the AAC.

Reaction Score

Exactly, just stop there. We don't know what happened, and therefore we have no basis for judging whether KO's response was appropriate. It's as simple as that. Pretty much everything else in these Jalen threads is bloviation.

Reaction Score
I don't know what happened to get Adams in the, "Doghouse". But what I see out there is Adams making plays. Yes he makes mistakes but his are mistakes of inexperience. Not, I cannot catch a pass thrown right to me, or I cannot make a wide open layup, or even I double dribble for no reason. Even when he is playing bad, or playing scared, he makes plays. I don't understand how a team with so much talent can be so incredibly bad at times. What I do know is Adams needs to be out there more. People talk about foul discrepancies, that is cause nobody gets in the lane, ever. I know Hamilton does but even with all of his fakes, he tends not to draw fouls as much as you might think. Hamilton is the guy on this team but to be the guy he needs to have the pressure off of him. Adams takes pressure off him by creating more and drawing lots of defensive attention. I know Calhoun shot well this past game but we get far to passive without Adams in the game. Get him in there!
The buck stops with KO.
This team has all the earmarks of a typical poorly coached team.
They are eerily similar to a Perno coached team from the 80's .
Except Dom was over his head ,usually coaching against legends .

Reaction Score

UConn is struggling against the top of the AAC.
Temple and Tulsa are not the top of the AAC. Cinncy on the road and SMU will be interesting games.

Reaction Score
Temple and Tulsa are not the top of the AAC. Cinncy on the road and SMU will be interesting games.

They are this year. Along with Cincy and SMU. You don't think UConn struggled against Cincy?

Reaction Score
They are this year. Along with Cincy and SMU. You don't think UConn struggled against Cincy?

Temple may be atop the AAC but they're an average team at best. Tulsa is marginal. SMU, Cincinnati, and UConn are still the best three teams in the conference, though not by as much as we might have anticipated.

Reaction Score
Exactly, just stop there. We don't know what happened, and therefore we have no basis for judging whether KO's response was appropriate. It's as simple as that. Pretty much everything else in these Jalen threads is bloviation.

Not particularly.

The way Ollie punished Adams was not a good way to punish him. If he deserved to be punished, it sent a mixed message. If he didn't (or didn't to the extent Ollie has punished him) than it makes it even worse.

Sitting a kid and expecting him to bail us out at the end of the game was stupid. That was either setting him up to fail or hoping he'd bail us out. And quite frankly, he did it again tonight.

either Adams doesn't deserve playing time, or he does. Not "he doesn't until we desperately need him."

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oooohh! Oooohh! I know this one.

"There is a reason and it is team reason."

So you want our dirty laundry aired for the world to see?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So you want our dirty laundry aired for the world to see?
Nope. But I like the addition of a new Boneyard meme.

Reaction Score

Regardless, of what he did, Ollie's punishment is stupid. If it was indeed bad enough to sit him for almost a half, then not start him and play him very little in the first half of this game..and then look at him to bail us out. Again. That's a ridiculous way to punish someone. It was either bad enough to sit him down completely, and then not play him important minutes..or he didn't.

If inmates don't run the asylum, why is Gibbs getting the minutes he's getting? Regardless of off court, on court..he's terrible at running an offense and he's selfish as heck.

Blackbird, can you please give some examples of Gibbs selfishness. I must be missing something.

Reaction Score
Then punish him. Or don't. Either way, make a decision. Setting him up to fail and then benching him because of that failure is castrating him.

Not only do you not know what happened, but you don't know what sort of relationship Kevin has with Jalen.
You have zero clue how they interact or what sort of relationship was developed while Jalen decided to attend Uconn, but now you want to criticize it.

Im done here.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think one thing for sure is that Jalen is the only guy on the team who constantly competes and makes plays when we need to. Between the foul he drew driving to the rim as Tulsa was coming back and our offense was stalling, too the chase down block he had later, and then the offensive rebound to give us an extra possession which we eventually scored on. I trust Jalen on the floor more than anyone else at this point.

Reaction Score
someone said he did not execute 2 defensive assignments, was pulled and then blew up over it. If that is in fact the case, as a player he would be pissed watching his team mates doing the same thing and still playing. We underestimate what a cut in playing time means to a kid like Jalen. He lives for that.

Reaction Score
I think one thing for sure is that Jalen is the only guy on the team who constantly competes and makes plays when we need to. Between the foul he drew driving to the rim as Tulsa was coming back and our offense was stalling, too the chase down block he had later, and then the offensive rebound to give us an extra possession which we eventually scored on. I trust Jalen on the floor more than anyone else at this point.
He's the only guy who competes??

Seriously? I can't imagine how we've won any games according to you!

Reaction Score
UConn lost to Cinncy at home in one of the few games we had a positive foul situation.
I wouldn't depend on that on the road. I see a double digit loss.

Reaction Score
UConn lost to Cinncy at home in one of the few games we had a positive foul situation.
I wouldn't depend on that on the road. I see a double digit loss.
When you score 2 points in the final 6 minutes against a good team you don't win many games. Love your positivity, but we won't lose by DD.

Reaction Score

UConn is struggling against the top of the AAC.[/QUOTE
Chemistry has not really been there all year. Despite their talent it has been rocky integrating the two grad students into a cohesive unit on offense. Such one and done players take time to blend and the tendency is to be apprehensive about taking leadership as newcomers while others view them as the experienced leaders and defer = lack of leadership and cohesion.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He's the only guy who competes??

Seriously? I can't imagine how we've won any games according to you!
Consistently. Yes. The others seem to tighten up when these teams come back or in these close games and make it seem like they can't make any plays or don't know how to play smart basketball. Losing guys consistently on defense, not making good drives on offense and hoisting up bad 3s. There was 3 different occasions where Jalen stepped up and made big plays to help us secure this win tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom