Adamec: Christyn Williams to Visit UConn Oct 12-15 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Christyn Williams to Visit UConn Oct 12-15

Reaction Score
It's just so difficult to predict. Like others, CW is young, talented, recruited by elite coaches and schools. They can go anywhere and be a star. For whatever reasons, lots of those super talented kids end up in Storrs, CT, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Just may be it's because UConn has Geno and Chris Daley and those rabid fans.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's just so difficult to predict. Like others, CW is young, talented, recruited by elite coaches and schools. They can go anywhere and be a star. For whatever reasons, lots of those super talented kids end up in Storrs, CT, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Just may be it's because UConn has Geno and Chris Daley and those rabid fans.
And National Championships and AA's and Olympic gold medalists and WNBA superstars and ...

Reaction Score
And National Championships and AA's and Olympic gold medalists and WNBA superstars and ...

So that's what it's all about!!! But I keep hearing that Geno only recruit certain type of players.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This falls under "save the best for last". This is ingrained in humanity. :cool:

images
That is a cruel picture.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You are probably right. Especially coaches who feel that maybe she favors UCONN. I have also heard in interviews that Geno sometimes gets frustrated when HE feels the kid should pull the trigger and verbal, but the kid is not ready yet. Maybe he feels like "we've done this dance for a while now. Time to poop or get off the pot"...

Recruits like Molly and Kyla spoil Geno.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I hope Christyn do like Megan, and follow Collier to Storrs. Crossing my fingers....hoping UConn can continue to build it's team 2-4 players a year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I feel a bit like a few other comments here: after going through the Megatron and Evina exercises last year, I'm keeping (emotional) involvement with this particular recruit to a bare minimum. Obviously, top-level D1 hoops is the aim of the game with UConn, ND, UCLA, Texas and Tennessee the finalists. Outside of that, I don't see a whole lot in common (ND and UConn run similar offenses, Tenn. and Texas both wear orange) so will kind of sit back and see what happens. Not get too high or get too low.

Perhaps some of this has also been tempered by the amount of transfers and changes in commitments. MM had an interesting quote the other day that said she still had up to three spots open for 2018 if "there was mutual interest." I get that. Katlyn Gilbert has been a long-time commitment to ND who has not wavered and while she may not be at William's level, I'm cool with the bird in hand who will stay in nest.

Hopefully, Chistyn Williams will find the right place for her and the same with the school that recruits her. Until then, let's see what plays out....
Nice try Dillon, you almost had me believing you on the whole "I'm keeping the emotional involvement down to a bare minimum". Once the buzz of the visit comes out and the picture of her with the Irish green tshirt with Gold ND on it, you'll be hyped up and justifiably so. Think positive! At some point the recruits do have to wonder about playing time and if they want to build their own program legacy. Hopefully that starts after CW signs as a Huskie in October :D (Notice I used the green one for you)...just sayin'

Reaction Score
WOW! A DONE DEAL. I'll drink to that!
View attachment 24446

Seeing your Bill Murray's, "Wow a Done Deal...I'll drink to that", I went looking at Google for "done deal" images. Found this one quote from a Calvin Williams (...I'm not saying anything regarding same last name :rolleyes:). I mean if this isn't Karma this deal is a Done Deal, what is? :D

calvin-williams-quote-this-is-a-done-deal-lets-not-insult-anybodys.jpg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Nice try Dillon, you almost had me believing you on the whole "I'm keeping the emotional involvement down to a bare minimum". Once the buzz of the visit comes out and the picture of her with the Irish green tshirt with Gold ND on it, you'll be hyped up and justifiably so. Think positive! At some point the recruits do have to wonder about playing time and if they want to build their own program legacy. Hopefully that starts after CW signs as a Huskie in October :D (Notice I used the green one for you)...just sayin'

Fair enough points and I do like the green guy ;).
It's interesting that -- for whatever reason -- I just can't seem to get a feel for this young person via the various articles, clips, etc. Might be a good thing; could be a fleeting moment and I'll be right back there after I see her with her picture on God Quad under the Dome. We'll see.

For now though, I am interested in Jordan Nixon coming out to ND this weekend. Niele Ivey spent a lot of time in the metro NYC area and it's pretty apparent now that she was also getting to know Ms. Nixon, as well as Danielle Patterson, when she came to Queens, N.Y. For that one, I'll pull out my "cross fingers and think positive thoughts!" :)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Position-wise in college, where is Christyn projected to play? Early on, it seemed as if she would be a PG. But, not sure that's the position she's played with USA basketball teams. I've seen her height listed from maybe 5'9 to 5'11. I figured SG or SF would be her future position in college, but perhaps she wants to play the point.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Position-wise in college, where is Christyn projected to play? Early on, it seemed as if she would be a PG. But, not sure that's the position she's played with USA basketball teams. I've seen her height listed from maybe 5'9 to 5'11. I figured SG or SF would be her future position in college, but perhaps she wants to play the point.

I'll talk to Geno and get back to you. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just can't seem to get a feel for this young person via the various articles, clips, etc.

I agree Dillon77. Pretty opaque. Synopsis: 'I'm not getting all worked up. Taking my visits.'

Reaction Score
I feel a bit like a few other comments here: after going through the Megatron and Evina exercises last year, I'm keeping (emotional) involvement with this particular recruit to a bare minimum. Obviously, top-level D1 hoops is the aim of the game with UConn, ND, UCLA, Texas and Tennessee the finalists. Outside of that, I don't see a whole lot in common (ND and UConn run similar offenses, Tenn. and Texas both wear orange) so will kind of sit back and see what happens. Not get too high or get too low.

Perhaps some of this has also been tempered by the amount of transfers and changes in commitments. MM had an interesting quote the other day that said she still had up to three spots open for 2018 if "there was mutual interest." I get that. Katlyn Gilbert has been a long-time commitment to ND who has not wavered and while she may not be at William's level, I'm cool with the bird in hand who will stay in nest.

Hopefully, Chistyn Williams will find the right place for her and the same with the school that recruits her. Until then, let's see what plays out....
That may be a good position to take. I feel we should avoid all the excitement we had while recruiting DD because Christyn may have some similar issues. During summer play, I thought she took many shots coach's would wish they had back. There may be a bit too much individualism in her game. And I didn't see much defense. Maybe I have the wrong person. It was hard to identify her since she wasn't in the game a lot. Maybe coach kept her out for a reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom