Adamec: Caldwell, Turner have eyes on Uconn | The Boneyard

Adamec: Caldwell, Turner have eyes on Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While visiting UConn, she met with coach Geno Auriemma and his staff and watched practice. Then it was time to meet the players.
“I loved it,” Caldwell said. “It wasn’t as cold as everyone said it was going to be. I talked to Coach Auriemma. I talked to the whole coaching staff. The girls were really cool. It was just a good experience.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Cold? I wonder which coach put out that little tidbit for consideration.

The very last word I would use to describe Geno would be "cold". LMAO

s090302_huskiespg-vertical.jpg

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

s090302_huskiespg-vertical.jpg
When did she visit? Maybe she meant the weather?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Perhaps a quote by Winston Churchill nails it: "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Reaction Score
Yes she was referencing the weather. To imply anyone was making the statement about a coach only is looking for trouble. We are Connecticut... We are in New England... We have snow.... (most years)... that was what was being referenced... But she can ask Moriah what she thinks :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Every recruit that UConn is a basketball factory and that it will be cold will learn that others will lie to them to recruit them. In contrast, Geno has always allowed the truth to speak for itself. And kids discover the UConn family is one of the warmest they will experience anywhere.

BTW, never let a Texas recruit visit in January. BTW, the winter winds of Texas can be darn cold, too.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
No pink flamingos. No T-shirts with the kids baby pics on them. No blimps dropping leaflets begging them to come to UConn. No promised playing time. How in the world do we expect these kids to want to be Huskies? e really need to try harder.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes she was referencing the weather. To imply anyone was making the statement about a coach only is looking for trouble. We are Connecticut... We are in New England... We have snow.... (most years)... that was what was being referenced... But she can ask Moriah what she thinks :)
You're no doubt correct - duh. As the mom of two teenagers I should have remembered the stream of consciousness way of talking that teens have. Just because they say two consecutive sentences doesn't mean she's talking about the same thing in both sentences.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Walker is very impressive. She was the second best freshman on the floor today.

Reaction Score
You're no doubt correct - duh. As the mom of two teenagers I should have remembered the stream of consciousness way of talking that teens have. Just because they say two consecutive sentences doesn't mean she's talking about the same thing in both sentences.
It never occurred to me that it was about anything but the weather. Maybe I write like a teenager. :)

Reaction Score
My son can carry on two concurrent discussions, effortlessly switching topics every other sentence. It has taken me a while to learn to understand this, but I tend to follow his jumps in topics fairly well now.

Reaction Score
So where they impressed with UCONN should we be waiting by the telephone....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think we have a good shot with both Caldwell and Turner. We shall see........

Work your magic MoJef!!!
Geno has said he thinks we get a good class from 2014. I'm not sure what he considers a "good" class. I also know he's very high on A'ja Wilson. If we were somehow able to land Ekmark, Calhoun, Caldwell, Turner and Wilson, holy crap. We might not lose for 6 or 7 years lol... Fun to fantasize about anyway...

Reaction Score
UNC will be a big player in the recruitments of both A'ja, and Briana. They WILL get one or the other guarantee. Diamond Deshields to UNC will pay HUGE dividends for UNCWBB! BOTH A'ja, and Briana, would not mind playing with,Diamond. Even more, if UNC had the scholarships, both would end up @ UNC.
Geno has said he thinks we get a good class from 2014. I'm not sure what he considers a "good" class. I also know he's very high on A'ja Wilson. If we were somehow able to land Ekmark, Calhoun, Caldwell, Turner and Wilson, holy crap. We might not lose for 6 or 7 years lol... Fun to fantasize about anyway...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
UNC will be a big player in the recruitments of both A'ja, and Briana. They WILL get one or the other guarantee. Diamond Deshields to UNC will pay HUGE dividends for UNCWBB! BOTH A'ja, and Briana, would not mind playing with,Diamond. Even more, if UNC had the scholarships, both would end up @ UNC.
Lol

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Tony, is that you?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller's blog includes links to videos of game action for both Caldwell and Turner as well as his interviews of them. Jim, Rich Elliott and Carl Adamec went to see both play over the weekend as did Geno and the coaching staff.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm with you Alex. Perhaps it's true, but how about being able to play with Bree, Morgan AND Moriah. UNC has nothing like that. Not even close. Wasn't Diamond also supposed to bring Russell to UNC? How did that work out?

Reaction Score
No, Diamond brought Allisha to UNC, Stephanie was trying to lean on Mercedes to join.... Yall laughing now but once on or the other announce for UNC it want be funny then!
I'm with you Alex. Perhaps it's true, but how about being able to play with Bree, Morgan AND Moriah. UNC has nothing like that. Not even close. Wasn't Diamond also supposed to bring Russell to UNC? How did that work out?

Reaction Score
No, Diamond brought Allisha to UNC, Stephanie was trying to lean on Mercedes to join.... Yall laughing now but once on or the other announce for UNC it want be funny then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom