Adama vs Kofi | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adama vs Kofi

Reaction Score
Kofi is the best big in the best conference. A top 10 player of the year candidate, and future NBA player. Sanogo is probably first team all Big East, and better on defense. I think there’s a decent gap this year between them, but Sanogo has been great in his own right.

The better question is, does Sanogo become that dominant as a junior. He has Big East player of the year potential next year.
Tough when you’re 25lbs lighter (and Kofi ain’t fat) and 3” shorter to ever get to be as “dominant”. As someone said, if they played now, Adama would have a tough time getting deep in the post.

His numbers against everyone else however speak for themselves; and I agree with the sentiment that in the context of a full game, he’s the better defender. Fortunately for him, offensively, he already has really good touch. If he can extend his hooks/floater reliability from 5 and in to 8 and in; and if he can get better at making the next pass quickly when his shot isn’t there, he will be one of the most dangerous offensive bigs in the country.

Or he could just develop an elbow-deep jump shot and win BE POY, I’ll take that lol

Reaction Score
We gon act like we didn’t see DeJuan Blair exploit his mobility against Thabeet for years. And Kofi isn’t half the defender Thabeet was. Hurley would put Kofi on the move and get Adama moving towards the basket. There are definitely ways for us to exploit that matchup. We wouldn’t just throw the ball down to Adama and let them have a muscle contest

Reaction Score
Kofi is a better college version of Shaq. A man amongst boys. Better skills than Shaq who was dunk or nothing. I would not want to face Illinois in the NCAA Tournament.

Friends Tv GIF

Reaction Score
I think Adama could get Kofi in foul trouble. It would be a great battle and could be dependent on who gets the calls. I like Sanogo against most anyone if he doesn’t get into early foul trouble

Reaction Score
I think several is overboard. If it was a true weapon I would hope DH would exploit it. If it is something that can be counted on at least 65% success it is a huge error not to use it. I really don't think it's something player or coach is comfortable with, however, if he has dreams of playing NBA ball he needs to become proficient with a mid-range shot. He will not be an ideal 5 in the league.
I think Sanogo could end up being one of the very elite big men ever to come through UConn. That said, he does not have the combination of size/skillset for the pro game. He can't hit 3's. They don't run offenses through the post. He doesn't pass well/kick out from the post. He'd need a lot of work.

Again, selfishly that's good for us. He's likely a 4 year guy that is going to dominate for us and hopefully lead us deep into a couple March's. C

Reaction Score
LSU Shaq would have ate Kofi’s lunch.

The real question is College Shaq vs Sanogo

(Sarcasm)
UConn beat LSU Shaq in his final college game, if I recall correctly.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
LSU Shaq was not "dunk or nothing."
Was also way quicker and more mobile than Kofi

Neon Boudeaux dominates them all though. Totally unfair situation considering he didn’t even ask for that Lexus.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Kofi is more dominant right now but Sanogo is in the conversation. Based on the award watchlists Sanogo has been essentially named a top 10 big in the country. Many people think Walker Kessler is the best defender in the country and look what Adama did to him (only a few games into his sophomore season). He’s very hard for anyone to stop because he uses a combination of strength, foot quickness and touch, all three for which I’d say he’s elite. Ie, adama would probably have a very tough time with Kofi but the reverse would probably also be true.
I agree and in addition I am awed at how he seems to be ambidextrous with almost any move along with the related footwork. How can you stop someone who can go either way equally well?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
7’0” 285 vs 6’7” 245. Kofi would eat Adama honestly. It’s apples to oranges.

Reaction Score
Kofi has just insane raw strength and size…. Just such a physical advantage. But watching this game, it’s clear as day that Adama has better hands and footwork than Kofi.

Oh, Brad Underwood is an absolute meshugena. Dude screams at his players all the time. I really don’t care for the guy.
It would be baby Shaq vs baby zo

caw

Reaction Score
college shaq, counting all since 1985, is the ncaa per game rebounding leader at almost 14 per, and no one else is even close.

Not to mention Shaq was a 20 year old when he was drafted after his junior year at LSU.

For comparison Kofi is already 22 (and will be 23 before he ever touches an NBA court) and Sanogo just turned 20.

Reaction Score
7’0” 285 vs 6’7” 245. Kofi would eat Adama honestly. It’s apples to oranges.
You think Sanogo is 6-7? I know those heights are usually exaggerated but I don't think he's 6-7. And if you're taking 2 inches off his listed height then why do you believe the 7-0 height that they list Cockburn at?

Reaction Score
You think Sanogo is 6-7? I know those heights are usually exaggerated but I don't think he's 6-7. And if you're taking 2 inches off his listed height then why do you believe the 7-0 height that they list Cockburn at?

Yeah this is nothing worth mentioning. Kofi’s not close to 7’ lucky to be 6’10 while Adama is 6’8. Would be a fun matchup doubt Kofi would dominate but may have a slight edge.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
kofi is the high school kid playing in a middle school game. his 50 pound weight advantage will dissipate as he moves up in class. the phenotypical big 10 big man. i call them all 'oh?done!'
adama, he of nary a sniff for all big east preseason first team by the experts, has shown a remarkable ability to learn and improve this season, and while ohdone will get some dunks and such in a match up, adama's growing craftiness will cause kofi nightmares. if adama continues his learning curve, his college ceiling could be timme like, who currently is in the national poy pool.
of course, chet owns the 'likely future' ceiling for 'big men' in the nation.
everrbuddy else can go home since ol chet can block a shot at the top of the backboard, then go coast to coast with a crossover and finish with a slam, or a three from halfcourt. when kofi tries another 3 foot shot, he'll be launching it into chet's jersey. chestblocks!
hav sum.
d5aRfPa1TUX3P2rd.jpg
check out the spectators. it looks like ol paigey is staring dumbfoundedly, prolly thinking 'omg!' while the guy is just bowing his head in resignation. seriously, what can any defender do if chet decides to just rise up, and shoot the j down to the hoop? distant thunder just off the horizon. everrbuddy down to the basement with the chetstorm coming.
who is kofi again?
'oh, you mean that posh bird who gets everything wrong? oh yeah, the lads frequently sit down and television, and watch her for a giggle...'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom