Adama vs Kofi | The Boneyard

Adama vs Kofi

Reaction Score
I am watching IL vs OSU and while watching Kofi Cockburn dominate the middle, I am wondering what the Yard thinks about Kofi vs Adama: differences, similarities, strengths, weaknesses, and who prevails is they were to meet in the NCAAs? Seems like a close one to me....

Reaction Score
Right now Adama is a 1st team BE type player and Kofi is Top 5 player in the country, there's a big difference between the two. Kofi is also a Junior and it wouldn't shock me to see Adama put up similar numbers next year with the way he's been progressing.

Reaction Score
I am watching IL vs OSU and while watching Kofi Cockburn dominate the middle, I am wondering what the Yard thinks about Kofi vs Adama: differences, similarities, strengths, weaknesses, and who prevails is they were to meet in the NCAAs? Seems like a close one to me....
I’ve only seen a few minutes of Kofi, but I wasn’t as impressed as I expected to be. I know we tried to recruit him, so I tried to see what we missed. I’m staying with Adama.

Reaction Score
I’ve only seen a few minutes of Kofi, but I wasn’t as impressed as I expected to be. I know we tried to recruit him, so I tried to see what we missed. I’m staying with Adama.
16 mins of Kofi left right now on FS1

Reaction Score
Kofi has just insane raw strength and size…. Just such a physical advantage. But watching this game, it’s clear as day that Adama has better hands and footwork than Kofi.

Oh, Brad Underwood is an absolute meshugena. Dude screams at his players all the time. I really don’t care for the guy.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kofi is the best big in the best conference. A top 10 player of the year candidate, and future NBA player. Sanogo is probably first team all Big East, and better on defense. I think there’s a decent gap this year between them, but Sanogo has been great in his own right.

The better question is, does Sanogo become that dominant as a junior. He has Big East player of the year potential next year.

Reaction Score
If they played each other tomorrow, there’s no way Sanogo could ever establish position close enough to the rim to do what he does. He needs to get a little quicker and a lot bigger.

Reaction Score
If they played each other tomorrow, there’s no way Sanogo could ever establish position close enough to the rim to do what he does. He needs to get a little quicker and a lot bigger.
Sanogo doesn’t feast of of traditional post ups anyway. Also i would just have Sanogo face him up every time and attack. Kofi doesn’t have the foot speed to keep up

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Kofi has just insane raw strength and size…. Just such a physical advantage. But watching this game, it’s clear as day that Adama has better hands and footwork than Kofi.

Oh, Brad Underwood is an absolute meshugena. Dude screams at his players all the time. I really don’t care for the guy.
lol. just tossing out some casual yiddish.

Reaction Score
Kofi is a better college version of Shaq. A man amongst boys. Better skills than Shaq who was dunk or nothing. I would not want to face Illinois in the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
Sanogo doesn’t feast of of traditional post ups anyway. Also i would just have Sanogo face him up every time and attack. Kofi doesn’t have the foot speed to keep up
This reeks of extreme homerism.

Reaction Score
Kofi is the best big in the best conference. A top 10 player of the year candidate, and future NBA player. Sanogo is probably first team all Big East, and better on defense. I think there’s a decent gap this year between them, but Sanogo has been great in his own right.

The better question is, does Sanogo become that dominant as a junior. He has Big East player of the year potential next year.
Big 10 is the same as it always is.

Reaction Score
I like our chances with our guy. He doesn't embarass himself in the strength department and he also doesn't get completely lost if the games speeds up.

If an out of shape plumber can take it to Kofi, our guy can do the same

Reaction Score
For as massive of a human being as Kofi is, he doesn’t make a ton of “splash” defensive plays (Blocks/steals). He does carry an extreme load on offense though

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Kofi is more dominant right now but Sanogo is in the conversation. Based on the award watchlists Sanogo has been essentially named a top 10 big in the country. Many people think Walker Kessler is the best defender in the country and look what Adama did to him (only a few games into his sophomore season). He’s very hard for anyone to stop because he uses a combination of strength, foot quickness and touch, all three for which I’d say he’s elite. Ie, adama would probably have a very tough time with Kofi but the reverse would probably also be true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom