2021 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They really want Sanago for 2020, but he is not a lock by any means to reclassify.
Dream scenario. Would put us in great shape for next season and we would be killers in 2021-22.

Reaction Score
Why?

because being in a great conference with great players will help uconn in the long run. i want the BE to be the best conference in the country.

the Big10 is the worst. their conference footprint pretty much completely overlaps with the BE at this point and theyve made more inroads to the northeast than UConn has to the midwest when it comes to recruiting. lowly nebraska is trying to steal away a jersey kid for crying out loud!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know its tough times in Lincoln when people start caring about the hoop team. I know my boys who are former black shirts are perpetually on a drinking binge.

HuskerMax has a front page in basketball season with nothing but football on it, but based on how the football program is trending perhaps they'll become known as a basketball school

Yes, I live in a glass house and throw stones.

Reaction Score
Is it 2020 or nothing on uconn's end?

he could be a top 25-30 recruit by next year at the rate he's going. if he doesnt reclassify we might have to start worrying about the likes of duke and kentucky never mind seton hall and nebraska...anyone getting a list of potential grad transfer bigs ready for 2020?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
he could be a top 25-30 recruit by next year at the rate he's going. if he doesnt reclassify we might have to start worrying about the likes of duke and kentucky never mind seton hall and nebraska...anyone getting a list of potential grad transfer bigs ready?

He's already ranked 30 on ESPN. Top 50 on rivals and 247, would assume he rises in these.

Reaction Score
What I remember is Ollie recommending a kid to Cincy. And the kid came back and beat us in a game. I have no desire to see double doubles from Sanogo as we lose 8 games to Seton Hall over the next 4 years. Rather have him wasted in Nebraska than making all league over us.

sooooooo weak. you need to beat the best to be the best. already forecasting losing to seton hall 8x in a row lol please. what kind of inferiority complex is that??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want what the coaches want - trust Dan and staff. The only thing that sounded interesting (to me) was the rotation of 5 big guys, 2-3 true points and a bunch of guys in between that kinda' play the 2 and 3 positions... obviously with overlap up and down. Length is good, strength is good, shooting is great, BB IQ is great. What do I know - is I'm a fan. I think @Chief00 spoke about something like this. I do know shooting solves a lot of problems. Our shooters have room for improvement. I also think it is easier to teach defense - than the 'knack for scoring'. I don't know... I trust Dan and crew to get it right. That kid appears to be talented in ways. I think I see why we are looking... Lots of good looking kids out there... but they gotta' want to come here.

Reaction Score
The No. 7 center in the Class of 2021 per 247Sports.com, Sanogo is planning to visit Seton Hall, UConn and Nebraska. It’s unclear which will be official and which unofficial.

“Soon I’m going to start to go visit,” the native of Mali said Thursday night after the Patrick School lost to Long Island Lutheran, 68-63. “Right now I don’t know yet, but soon.”

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The No. 7 center in the Class of 2021 per 247Sports.com, Sanogo is planning to visit Seton Hall, UConn and Nebraska. It’s unclear which will be official and which unofficial.

“Soon I’m going to start to go visit,” the native of Mali said Thursday night after the Patrick School lost to Long Island Lutheran, 68-63. “Right now I don’t know yet, but soon.”

If you get a visit you have a shot and I like our pitch a hell of a lot more than Seton Halls or Nebraska ATM

Reaction Score
If you get a visit you have a shot and I like our pitch a hell of a lot more than Seton Halls or Nebraska ATM
I think we have a pretty good chance, haven't heard Seton Hall leads.

Reaction Score
Or Sanogo is that good.

if we wanted to win a conference championship every year by beating up on cupcakes we'd be joining the metro atlantic not the BE

Reaction Score
Seton Halls been all in on him tho, and Willard is a good coach, wouldn’t dismiss them at all. Either way, seems like we’re in a good spot with 2021 bigs. Would be ideal to have him reclass and get him in early. If not, can’t help but feel like an impact grad transfer big is the answer for the 2020 class.

Reaction Score
Let us pray. Sanogo is the player that puts us over the hump next year, not Javonte Brown Ferguson. Not a criticism of Javonte Brown Ferguson's potential and his ability to score inside with quick moves and dunks, but he is not strong enough for the Big East next year and needs lots of coaching on rebounding position, moving on offense, moving his feet on defense and going to get rebounds instead of reaching for them.

Reaction Score
Not much here but figured I'd post.

UConn is definitely involved with Sanogo, but a bunch of others are heavily in the mix — Seton Hall, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Auburn and Oklahoma State. Other schools that have reached out recently include Louisville, Washington, St. John’s, Ohio State, Marquette, Creighton and Oregon. I don’t get the vibe that Sanogo is in any kind of hurry to make a college choice.

Reaction Score
With today's injury, a ton of minutes are available now. He plays 28 minutes a night from day 1. Kids want to play.

No doubt. Minutes just went up for him or a grad transfer who can help immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom