2021 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Etienne looks like he's improving day to day. I mean love his bounciness, feet are quick just needs to learn some things. I see a combo of Josh Boone and Yoakim Noah in this guy (no not just because of the bun lol). He could eventually work with any of the 5's from the 4 spot too creating a large line up down the road.

He and Sanogo would be a wow!! Then Clingan too why not?

Reaction Score
He could eventually work with any of the 5's from the 4 spot

he might be a boone/noah combo but this isn't the mid 2000s. if akok is the prototypical PF in today's game then etienne is a 5.

Reaction Score
he might be a boone/noah combo but this isn't the mid 2000s. if akok is the prototypical PF in today's game then etienne is a 5.

Could be a 5 too yep but there’s no doubt he could play alongside a 5 with his athleticism also as he matures. Don’t really care about “mid 2000s” both of those guys could play the 4 in the game now too.

Reaction Score
But you're asking questions not about NCAA rules but how various kids and recruiting sites use a term, so no one can promise you consistency.

i'm only askin about sonogo's situation and what grade he's really in, if anyone knows

Reaction Score
What is his connection to Nebraska? Not exactly bb hotbead.
Maybe he has some kind of connection with Hoiberg or someone on his staff. Not a hotbed but Hoiberg has built some good teams in the past. I think he’ll get Nebraska to being at least respectable, he loves targeting transfers.

Reaction Score
What is his connection to Nebraska? Not exactly bb hotbead.
Matt Abdelmassih is an assistant there. Connected New York guy. Hoiberg is a good coach and they have a dedicated fanbase despite not being historically great.

Reaction Score
To put it mildly. Only major conference program to never win a tournament game.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
To put it mildly. Only major conference program to never win a tournament game.

That's partly on us. I think we beat them in '92, in an 8 v. 9 game, playing without Rod Sellers who was suspended for accidently trying to push Laetner's head into the subbasement in UConn's tournament exit the year before. IIRC, it wasn't a close game. Danny Cyrulik and Bo Willingham held down the middle fine without SEllers.

Reaction Score
I don't know about "better" than Jeff Adrien. He's a different player in a different era. Adrien was a classic strong, but not tall 4 that could jump and play facing (in close) or back to the basket. Basically a poor man's Charles Barkley.

Sanogo is a 2020 era center. Even in the NBA we are seeing powerful, mobile 6'8-6'10" guys playing center (or even Russell Westbrook). It wasn't possible in the Kareem, Olajuwan, Ewing era. But with four out offenses, that mobility and quickness, plus the strength to hold ground is the key to defending the position. He's an ideal fit for how Hurley wants us to play. While I'm told he's not a shooter now, I suspect if he comes her Hurley will have him practice outside shooting a ton. Ideally you want that 5 to be able to set a ball screen and either roll or step back for a pass and make a shot.

I mean I basically said that about Adrien.

Sanogo does all the things Adrien did, but he's got other physical tools I think allow him to do more (or will). And most importantly more mobility and versatility, which is the kind of big that Hurley loves to have.

Reaction Score
I mean I basically said that about Adrien.

Sanogo does all the things Adrien did, but he's got other physical tools I think allow him to do more (or will). And most importantly more mobility and versatility, which is the kind of big that Hurley loves to have.
Basically we would be getting Charles Barkley.

Reaction Score
That's partly on us. I think we beat them in '92, in an 8 v. 9 game, playing without Rod Sellers who was suspended for accidently trying to push Laetner's head into the subbasement in UConn's tournament exit the year before. IIRC, it wasn't a close game. Danny Cyrulik and Bo Willingham held down the middle fine without SEllers.
We did.....then we were humping #1 Ohio St for 20 minutes the next game when Fatso Francesca came on the halftime show and said we were playing better than any team in the tournament.

Exit UConn

Reaction Score
The Nebraska futurecast pick was from a Nebraska contributor from TOS. Not to discredit the guy, but I just wanted to point out that it wasn't a national recruiting analyst that made the pick. OTOH, I personally haven't heard much buzz about him reclassifying and coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom