Adama Sanogo or Donovan Clingan | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo or Donovan Clingan

Reaction Score
They are in different classes so I think there is a legitimate chance at landing both. If Sanogo reclassifies they are separated by two classes. But if I have to choose, Sanogo would be my choice due to his physicality; which would go a long way in the big east.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is over 2 years older than Clingan and is either a 2021 or 2020 recruit, Clingan is a 2022 recruit.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t that be the lower ceiling??
Not if you're considering the structure of living and work quarters.

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah, they're in different years, so it's not necessarily competitive. If Sanogo is willing to commit you have to take him and then try to bring Clingan in to join him. If it had to be one or the other I'd go with Clingan, but I don't think that's the situation.

Reaction Score
As several have stated, why not both? I'm sure battling everyday in practice help Mourning and Mutumbo at Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is 2021 and DC is 2022. Likely both are targets, especially if Etienne re-classes to 2020.

2020:
RS: Akok, Javonte Brown Ferguson

PF: Whaley Springs
Center: *Etienne Carlton

*If reclass

Obviously if Etienne doesn’t reclass Javonte Brown Ferguson doesn’t redshirt.

PF: Akok Springs
C: *Etienne/Sanogo Javonte Brown Ferguson

*If Etienne were to reclass Sanogo is not a target. If they both stay 2021, then you choose 1 or the other.

PF: Springs *Akok
C: **Etienne/Sanogo Javonte Brown Ferguson Clingan

*Probably NBA bound
**Etienne may test the waters after 2 seasons if he reclasses to 2020

So if Etienne reclasses to 2020 you target DC since Etienne may be gone after 2 seasons. Dan has the chance to absolutely load this team with talent the next decade is gonna be exciting

Reaction Score
both because they are in different classes. I think Sanago will be tough to get bc he will have a lot of suitors. Clinigan would be nice bc he is a ct boy

Reaction Score
I'll take both obviously. Otherwise I would take Clingan. He seems like he could be a four year player, future CT legend and maybe start two 7 footers when Javonte Brown Ferguson is a Junior. In my dream scenario we take the transfer from Nolley and Sanogo this year. Jackson/Bouk/Nolley play between 20-25 minutes a game with Jackson likely coming off the bench for the beginning of the season. I don't think Jackson will stay at Uconn if he plays less than 20 minutes a game on the wing. Next year we have Gaffney/Jackson/Nolly/Sanogo/Javonte Brown Ferguson - Incoming Clingan and whoever else we land at the guard spots for depth and make a run. I made the mistake of looking at Hunter Sallis's Rivals page today and the forecast bummed me out. A Nolley commitment would definitely cheer me up. The thought of signing Sanogo would freeze my internet with all the refresh clicks so I don't want to get my hopes up right now.

Reaction Score
I'll take both obviously. Otherwise I would take Clingan. He seems like he could be a four year player, future CT legend and maybe start two 7 footers when Javonte Brown Ferguson is a Junior. In my dream scenario we take the transfer from Nolley and Sanogo this year. Jackson/Bouk/Nolley play between 20-25 minutes a game with Jackson likely coming off the bench for the beginning of the season. I don't think Jackson will stay at Uconn if he plays less than 20 minutes a game on the wing. Next year we have Gaffney/Jackson/Nolly/Sanogo/Javonte Brown Ferguson - Incoming Clingan and whoever else we land at the guard spots for depth and make a run. I made the mistake of looking at Hunter Sallis's Rivals page today and the forecast bummed me out. A Nolley commitment would definitely cheer me up. The thought of signing Sanogo would freeze my internet with all the refresh clicks so I don't want to get my hopes up right now.

I'll take the over on 25 minutes a game for Bouknight.

Clingan is 2022, not 2021. So we need a big to pair with Javonte Brown-Ferguson for 2021. Sanogo or Etienne as reclassifications this year or coming in 2021 would take care of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom