Adama / Andre Highlights @ NBA Combine | The Boneyard

Adama / Andre Highlights @ NBA Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sanogo's ability to get great position and seal defenders was on full display in these highlights. None of his highlights were just getting the ball in the post and bullying his way into the hoop. Almost all due to positioning or hustle plays to go find the ball off the rim. LOVE to see that. 6'9 (or should I say 6'7) guys playing low post bully ball doesn't translate to the NBA. Getting excellent positioning and hustling on the boards absolutely translate. Again, love to see that

Reaction Score

Still find it hard to believe that there is no one willing to invest in Sanogo in the first round. He would help any team and i think hes going to turn out to be a better player than people think. Ajax needs to come back. I think he ultimately gets drafted late but dont really see him sticking in the league until he develops a legit offensive game.

pj

Reaction Score
Sanogo's ability to get great position and seal defenders was on full display in these highlights. None of his highlights were just getting the ball in the post and bullying his way into the hoop. Almost all due to positioning or hustle plays to go find the ball off the rim. LOVE to see that. 6'9 (or should I say 6'7) guys playing low post bully ball doesn't translate to the NBA. Getting excellent positioning and hustling on the boards absolutely translate. Again, love to see that

Yeah, Sanogo looks so good in those highlights. What stood out to me was his teammates picked up on how to play with him very quickly -- those plays looked a lot like UConn plays -- which means he must be a really smart and complete player, knowing how to anticipate hte play, get to the right place, present himself well, and organize to make the play.

It will be an incredible mistake if nobody in the NBA finds a place for this guy.

Reaction Score
Still find it hard to believe that there is no one willing to invest in Sanogo in the first round. He would help any team and i think hes going to turn out to be a better player than people think. Ajax needs to come back. I think he ultimately gets drafted late but dont really see him sticking in the league until he develops a legit offensive game.

I think he is showing enough and has displayed good enough measurables that he has a great chance at a decently long backup C career.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Both guys looking really good there. Sanogo really moving well, looking quick, guarding all over the floor. That's what he needs to show. The finishing is a given, I'm not sure I've seen many guys who finish better with both hands than he does. Andre showing speed, defense and passing. The athleticism stands out even in this group. So he's as advertised really. Glad he made that floater.

Reaction Score
It’s starting to becoming harder and harder to see how Sanogo doesn’t carve out an NBA career.

Wayne freaking Gabriel was playing playoff minutes for the Lakers.
Cody Zeller has been playing minutes for the Heat.

The truth is that there are many rotation players in the nba that are lucky to be in the nba and many more who are just as good if not better, who are unlucky to not be in the nba. After the top 180 players in the world, there are probably 1,000 that are close to the same level. Its such a hard place to carve out a career in.

Reaction Score
Cody Zeller has been playing minutes for the Heat.

The truth is that there are many rotation players in the nba that are lucky to be in the nba and many more who are just as good if not better, who are unlucky to not be in the nba. After the top 180 players in the world, there are probably 1,000 that are close to the same level. Its such a hard place to carve out a career in.
Cody Zeller was a stud in college and was the #4 draft pick. Wenyen Gabriel really didn't do anything in college and went undrafted.

Reaction Score
Someone help me remember what Elton Brand did in the league so long? Is it just a matter of the open style of running to the 3 PT Line instead of taking a layup that has made bigs almost obsolete? Adama has worked on his game and shooting and will continue to get better at that. Paint touches, inside scoring, and protecting the rim is still a necessary tool. Pick and Roll still the bread and butter of good offenses and he's pretty darn good at that in these combines so far.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I just don't think anybody thinks the upside is there. He's projected at best as a backup.

If one of them has a chance of getting drafted in the 1st or getting a guarantee of getting picked in the early 2nd (with guaranteed money involved), it's AJ. Teams will imagine overhauling his shot and turning him into a starting-caliber player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom