Adam Amin | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adam Amin

Reaction Score
Upon watching the replay again, I believe Crystal deserves cuddos for her second half defense on Arike (according to espn the only star on the court). She was driving her to distraction as Mojeff used todo to her opponents. I hope she has learned Mo’s knack for getting into her opponent’s head.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The chatting is OK so long as it is concise and going somewhere. When Kara and Lobo get chatting, the conversation frequently veers off into tangents and incessant laughing that keeps going across changes in possession, player substitutions, fouls, etc. They are best at making an analytical point, and then shutting up so Amin can do the play by play. That's where they go wrong. Maybe Amin needs to assert himself more to pick up the play by play, but it feels very much like he defers to the color commentators. I was kidding about the Cadbury eggs, by the way. I don't actually know if that's a fact because I made it up.
Made up "facts" are all the rage now! Have you not been paying attention? I thought it was hilarious in its attention to detail. Mr Guy is a man of deeply felt convictions and tastes. You were merely pointing that out to the crowd! ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Upon watching the replay again, I believe Crystal deserves cuddos for her second half defense on Arike (according to espn the only star on the court). She was driving her to distraction as Mojeff used todo to her opponents. I hope she has learned Mo’s knack for getting into her opponent’s head.
Something got into Arike's head, and I am sure Ms Dangerfield was a large part of it. :)

Reaction Score
I tweeted Amin after a game last season where I commented that it would be nice if he said who the foul is on and what # foul that is on the player, instead of talking about fashion (which is what they were doing at the time). His response was basically - who cares how many fouls? It was a blowout. We need to talk about something when the game isn't interesting. Give me back D&D, with Rebecca on sideline.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I tweeted Amin after a game last season where I commented that it would be nice if he said who the foul is on and what # foul that is on the player, instead of talking about fashion (which is what they were doing at the time). His response was basically - who cares how many fouls? It was a blowout. We need to talk about something when the game isn't interesting. Give me back D&D, with Rebecca on sideline.
Maybe if he doesn't think #1 vs #2 is interesting, he should try another line of work.

Reaction Score
Have to agree that D&D + Lobo is probably the best combination w/Kara in the studio.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Amin has that little respect for WCBB,when he says who cares,then he shouldn’t be there. The lack of respect seems to me to be an ESPN attitude..

Reaction Score
I don't think Amin knows what he's talking about most of the time and Rebecca and Kara (who know better - or should) encourage him. But as bad as the three of them were yesterday, we (Boneyarders) are not their intended audience. ESPN has them reaching out to entertain the casual fan who will watch UCONN/ND because of the hype and may not watch another WCBB game until the Final Four. When you realize that - then there is no point in judging them harshly. They're just doing the job they're paid to do!

As viewers, however, we can legitimately ask if it’s the job the media ought to be doing. I keep hearing, “It’s a business,” but as part of society, doesn’t it have a responsibility to meet its information as well as it’s profit-making obligations (which it meets by simply being an entertainment and advertising business).

Reaction Score
Sorry, there's no excuse for not keeping viewers updated on what's going on on the court. Everyone needs to know who committed a foul, how many fouls on certain players, etc. They can take a moment and let people know what's going on, and still have plenty of time to blabber.
Every time Deb A does a game you seem to catch the ref explaining a situation to her a few times a game so she can pass it on to the viewers.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I actually tweeted Adam after the game that I was going to rewatch the game and every time he said "true freshman" or "true road game" I was going to drink and that he should expect drunk tweets. He responded with a thumbs up. I like him a lot.
Did he call you a true fan?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom