Adam Amin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adam Amin

Reaction Score
I thought the true freshman thing was silly. But I mostly like Amin. The problem is, he doesnt insert himself enough in the conversation to call the game. Three people are definitely too many in the booth!

I enjoy many of the insights, but Rebecca and Kara get "chatting" off topic too much. I dont see how that appeals to the casual fan. I certainly wouldnt continue watching just to hear their chatter. Really, it is like signalling that they are disinterested in the game. And if they arent interested, what is a viewer to think? Much prefer when they are analyzing offensive or defensive options etc. That seems to happen more with just two in the booth. I didnt think it was as bad in this game as in some.

The director, or whoever, should instruct Amin (or whoever is the play-by-play person) that calling the game is foremost and that he should break into any conversation to inform the viewer what is happening on the court.

Reaction Score
Well, in the first place, we don't need three, which simply clogs things up. I thought Amin was dreadful last year and was much better in this game. Still not great by any means, but much better. I really thought he did less of the annoying stiff this time around. I was figuring that he is growing up. I suspect he is one of those less-expensive people they replaced ore-expensive people with in their cost-cutting. So in a sense, he's a kid and just learning how to do it.That's my best guess, anyway.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She would be Justine, the sideline reporter for UConn games broadcast on SNY. She is a sportscasting professional whose looks are discussed more than her reporting ability, I'm sad to say

thanks for answering my inquiry.

Reaction Score
She would be Justine, the sideline reporter for UConn games broadcast on SNY. She is a sportscasting professional whose looks are discussed more than her reporting ability, I'm sad to say

Phi Beta Kappa@Notre Dame

Reaction Score

Her looks are only discussed in the most tasteful way ha. Seriously I think she does tremendous work as sideline reporter and in her duties on the Geno Show. We have been lucky to have Kerith Burke and Justine roaming our sidelines. I fear Justine is ready to take on other responsibilities and challenges soon. She also does amazing work with the Mets. She’s also a wonderful person.

Reaction Score
Everyone on this thread.... Please remember there are fans in the third world who get zero scremes and zero announcers or even games on TV, and are starving. So can we be thinkful, err, thankful? Or are we reaallly in pain on this topic?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
And while we’re at it, somebody needs to get Nell Fortner to use decaf coffee. She’s getting pretty weird on the high test stuff. At half, she raucously pronounced AO the “star” of the first half. Hey Nell, check out that young lady with the happy hair-do and heavy-duty game in the black uni. Rumor has it that she can play some.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Sorry, there's no excuse for not keeping viewers updated on what's going on on the court. Everyone needs to know who committed a foul, how many fouls on certain players, etc. They can take a moment and let people know what's going on, and still have plenty of time to blabber.
You speak wisdom.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Everyone on this thread.... Please remember there are fans in the third world who get zero scremes and zero announcers or even games on TV, and are starving. So can we be thinkful, err, thankful? Or are we reaallly in pain on this topic?

CMC, my friend, you’ve discovered the broadcaster’s rule of thirds: A third of the audience will love you no matter how badly you do; another third will detest you no matter how good you are, and another third doesn’t give a damn about you one way or the other. Been there, done that. :)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Not prevalent and not relevant. Oh how the mighty, meaning Kara, have fallen. So beloved and lionized after Doris left. Now look. Who would you guys rather have now. Kara, Amin, and Rebecca, or Doris and Dave O'Brien?
D and D, no question.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah, tragic :rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
Did it annoy anyone else that Adam Amin repeatedly called CW a true freshman. I understand in college football it’s common for incoming players to RS and even men’s basketball but in WCBB is it really prevalent to be a RS freshman? What’s wrong with Amin? Even though the broadcast wasn’t awful it’s certainly no SNY. Culmo, Frede and Justine are sorely missed for the biggest games.

I actually tweeted Adam after the game that I was going to rewatch the game and every time he said "true freshman" or "true road game" I was going to drink and that he should expect drunk tweets. He responded with a thumbs up. I like him a lot.

Reaction Score
I actually tweeted Adam after the game that I was going to rewatch the game and every time he said "true freshman" or "true road game" I was going to drink and that he should expect drunk tweets. He responded with a thumbs up. I like him a lot.

That is pretty funny.
He don’t like Cadbury eggs so hes still out for me.

Reaction Score
I thought the true freshman thing was silly. But I mostly like Amin. The problem is, he doesnt insert himself enough in the conversation to call the game. Three people are definitely too many in the booth!

I enjoy many of the insights, but Rebecca and Kara get "chatting" off topic too much. I dont see how that appeals to the casual fan. I certainly wouldnt continue watching just to hear their chatter. Really, it is like signalling that they are disinterested in the game. And if they arent interested, what is a viewer to think? Much prefer when they are analyzing offensive or defensive options etc. That seems to happen more with just two in the booth. I didnt think it was as bad in this game as in some.

The director, or whoever, should instruct Amin (or whoever is the play-by-play person) that calling the game is foremost and that he should break into any conversation to inform the viewer what is happening on the court.
The chatting is OK so long as it is concise and going somewhere. When Kara and Lobo get chatting, the conversation frequently veers off into tangents and incessant laughing that keeps going across changes in possession, player substitutions, fouls, etc. They are best at making an analytical point, and then shutting up so Amin can do the play by play. That's where they go wrong. Maybe Amin needs to assert himself more to pick up the play by play, but it feels very much like he defers to the color commentators. I was kidding about the Cadbury eggs, by the way. I don't actually know if that's a fact because I made it up.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
I want Meghan Pattyson and Mike Gorman...Oops sorry wrong decade...Back to our previously scheduled programming...

Reaction Score
The chatting is OK so long as it is concise and going somewhere. When Kara and Lobo get chatting, the conversation frequently veers off into tangents and incessant laughing that keeps going across changes in possession, player substitutions, fouls, etc. They are best at making an analytical point, and then shutting up so Amin can do the play by play. That's where they go wrong. Maybe Amin needs to assert himself more to pick up the play by play, but it feels very much like he defers to the color commentators. I was kidding about the Cadbury eggs, by the way. I don't actually know if that's a fact because I made it up.

Your comment in the Ogun foul thread was pretty funny.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I read all Justine's Guys posts because he has the best Picture
That is worth more than two cents. Honesty and discernment all in one post. Rara avis, my friend. ;)

Reaction Score
Rebecca and Cara were my favorites until they decided that they were the entertainment. Especially in the fourth quarter, the three of them completely lost track of the game. They also gave Arike a pass on every dirty trick. They completely missed her pushing and tripping Crystal in the center court. Then Amin says that she fell. She must have tripped on the half court line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom