AD Dave's Contract Restructured... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AD Dave's Contract Restructured...

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
They have tremendous state of the art production and uplink facilities sitting idle in Hartford called Back9..... In fact, UConn could leverage into a whole sports entertainment and broadcasting department and use some of the talent cast off from ESPN to create something uniquely special. But, somebody has to be able to think outside a paper bag.

Trinity College took over the building, Its been gutted of all the Back 9 stuff and retrofitted for a college classroom.

Reaction Score
You will be thinking a bit differently if they go four more years without getting to 6-6 on a regular basis. The legislature will start giving the U admin help with their jobs, believe me. This thing is teetering right now although the recruits for next year look on the surface to be a definite upgrade and I think they have definite potential for a rebound.
Agree that 6-6 after four years of HCRE 2.0 would not be good at all, but I'm not the pessimist that you are if that's what you believe. It's not teetering right now, like you're praying for it to topple over tomorrow, Edsall just got here, the BOT are willing to give him a chance and you and the rest of the kill football crowd should too.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Based on your knowledge of Division 1 athletic programs with the # of sports fielded by UConn, what do you believe is the general salary range @ConnHuskBask ?

Two points:

1) I'm not saying what UConn is paying out of line, my comment is more directed at the profession in general.
2) What exactly has AD Dave done that warranted that raise? Unless there is a ton of behind the scenes donations, I don't see how it is really justified given our precarious financial position.

Reaction Score
Agree that 6-6 after four years of HCRE 2.0 would not be good at all, but I'm not the pessimist that you are if that's what you believe. It's not teetering right now, like you're praying for it to topple over tomorrow, Edsall just got here, the BOT are willing to give him a chance and you and the rest of the kill football crowd should too.
Nope, don't think you are reading my posts if pessimism is what you are taking away. But the next couple years are gonna tell a tale. And I think it has crossed everyone's mind that seven years of abysmal results might have left a permanent scar that we do not yet appreciate. Keep the fingers crossed. The spring game will be the first hint. If the ones play against the ones and the twos play against the twos, and it is a decent game on a gorgeous spring day, I will at least raise my expectations that the stars are aligning more favorably for the Huskies. I want normalcy to return.

Reaction Score
Two points:

1) I'm not saying what UConn is paying out of line, my comment is more directed at the profession in general.
2) What exactly has AD Dave done that warranted that raise? Unless there is a ton of behind the scenes donations, I don't see how it is really justified given our precarious financial position.
Lol...you make it sound like the Bank's foreclosing on Gampel tomorrow, and the new Student Center complex will be paved over for a parking lot, and the new practice facility is being converted into a barn for dairy cows. Fact is UConn is in much better financial shape than most of the schools in the AAC, and it's endowment is increasing.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Don’t tell anyone but we’ve been bottom half of AAC for football and basketball and that trend shows no signs of stopping.

Reaction Score
Don’t tell anyone but we’ve been bottom half of AAC for football and basketball and that trend shows no signs of stopping.
That's certainly true for the men's basketball team. Until they fire KO and his staff that trend is not changing. I am much more optimistic on the direction of the football team.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lol...you make it sound like the Bank's foreclosing on Gampel tomorrow, and the new Student Center complex will be paved over for a parking lot, and the new practice facility is being converted into a barn for dairy cows. Fact is UConn is in much better financial shape than most of the schools in the AAC, and it's endowment is increasing.

UConn has a damn near $40M athletic department subsidy. So, yeah I would say we are not in the best position financially.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Endowment has nothing to do with financing the athletic department.

Reaction Score
Seems like lately you stick around for a year or two you get a nice raise or ridiculous buy out.

Warde, Ollie, Diaco, now AD Dave.

At least KO won a damn title.

How being an AD is $500k/year job is beyond me.

Yep, He has done a terrible job overpaying and giving these loosers huge pay raises.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Glad to see that they are taking steps to retain AD Dave. I think he's a perfect fit at UConn and has done a great job.

As for the speculation on going independent, it can't work unless you have a scheduling relationship with a P5 league. So there are two theoretical possibilities. Not commenting on likelihood.

1. Join ACC but stay independent for football. Have an ACC scheduling deal like ND does. We'd be their #16 if ND ever joins in full, and would balance their divisions.

2. Join Big East, moving hoops to Fox and away from ESPN. In exchange for that Fox gets both the B1G and Big XII to agree to schedule two games a year with UConn in football. Or some similar variation where Fox gets us 4-5 P5 football games a year.

That's it. The football in the American stuff is a fantasy. Straight independent with no scheduling deal with a P5 would be a catastrophe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom