ACC | Page 46 | The Boneyard

ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
1138 posts in the thread that will not die, and this is what it is all about? Did I miss the memo on that?

By the way, I mis-typed and meant to type "his post" and not "his thread", but I'm sure you picked up on that. This really is the thread that won't die. I wonder if we can change it from "ACC" to "Freddy Kruger"?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
So only post when in agreement. Got it.

I agree with the conclusion, but disagree with the reasons.

No. Only post disagreements when you actually disagree. And if you only disagree with the reasons and not the conclusion, say so. Not that hard, really.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No. Only post disagreements when you actually disagree. And if you only disagree with the reasons and not the conclusion, say so. Not that hard, really.

Ok. But you seemed to understand I agreed with the conclusion since you pointed it out.

pj

Reaction Score
So ACC fans that live north of Maryland don't count. I'm pretty sure that the television networks don't agree with that sentiment. I don't think the football schools have a geography problem, they have a problem with a basketball focus. If they were adding football programs that were of a quality of Ohio State they wouldn't care if they were on the moon. If they cared about geography they wouldn't be interested in the Big 12.

There's no functional difference between a north-of-the-Mason-Dixon-line geography problem, and a problem with adding football programs below the caliber of Ohio State. There are no Ohio State caliber football programs available for the ACC to add anywhere in an Atlantic coastal footprint. So they either take the northeast geography with middle-tier football, or they don't.

I get what you're thinking, but it all boils down to money. They are interested in the Big 12 because it would bring more money. They are interested in Notre Dame because it would bring more money. They are skeptical of Syracuse and Pitt because they don't obviously bring more money.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Ok. But you seemed to understand I agreed with the conclusion since you pointed it out.

I did. It's why I bashed your little rant.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If the ACC offers, the Big 10 gets a call and has 24 hours to offer. You know they're doing their preparatory analysis now and will be prepared to make a quick decision.

Sound strategy. I've done the same thing, putting a plan in place. If Kate Upton calls, Bar Rafaeli has 24 hours to match.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
man this thread went quiet. i can't just let it die like this. here is the acc's new t shirt line for its private schools...
07De8.jpg

Reaction Score
Well since Clemson & FSU went to the SEC as well as MD & UNC to the B10/11/12 what else would you expect?

As was said in this thread months ago, the ACC is dead.

great..........observer2

Honestly, are things that bad at BC that you guys need to be on this board on a constant basis and post the same over and over again?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Claver is good ppl. Hes not a observer. Hes going to be alot of fun and good to talk and learn from during puck season for many on this board.

Reaction Score
The limited stick poking I do .......

Tell you what.......limit the "stick poking" and nobody will mistake you for a dick. The ACC is great. We get it. You're a guest. Act like one.

Reaction Score
The internet is full of small people who like to show their importance and knowledge. Posting is only serious for folks who don't have something more constructive to do with their time and lives.

There have been a small number of posters who feel the need to come on this board and lord it over a fanbase that is largely unhappy with conference realignment. A good fanbase that is unhappy about something outside of their control.

I get it, we all get it, you're happy that BC is in the ACC and happy that UCONN fans are disappointed they are not. So keep on posting and show us how smart you are.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
who is the next acc ad to get the hook????????????????????
i'll guess unc.

wtf is going on in the acc? either that league is truly just rtards thru and thru or there is some heavy news dropping some time in the next year and ppl are jumping ship and telling on each other before the bomb drops.

Reaction Score
Navy is going to be joining a conference for the first time in their history in 2015. I think there's something going on.

Reaction Score
Listen. He said the ACC's footprint ends in Maryland. That is 100% wrong. Clearly, obviously and demonstrably wrong.

Now if you'd like to continue to defend nonsense like that it's your business.

The subject of an ACC tournament is another matter. It doesn't make sense to alienate their fanbases by playing in NYC but they would sell the place out with ease - granted no one would show for anyone but Carolina, Duke or Syracuse but to say the ACC doesn't have any penetration into NYC is idiotic.

Actually what was posted was that 'theoretically the ACC's footprint goes to Boston, but in reality it end's in Maryland'.

If you're going to spend 10 posts attacking and debating someone's point at least get it right.

The term you need to get comfortable with is "hyperbole"...

Until the BE is dead, NYC and MSG will belong to the BIG EAST!!!

Reaction Score
1139 posts, and it's actually about nothing at all. That's the wonder and mystery of this thread. It encompasses everything and nothing all at the same time. Stephen Hawking is working on this paradox as we type...
Nothing? there was a point where this thread was the 'mac-daddy' of sources for TV revenue and contracts on the internet...

Don't tell me it was nothing...

Reaction Score
great..........observer2

Honestly, are things that bad at BC that you guys need to be on this board on a constant basis and post the same over and over again?
It' obvious they want to keep up with New England's football program. Can you blame them?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Nothing? there was a point where this thread was the 'mac-daddy' of sources for TV revenue and contracts on the internet...

Don't tell me it was nothing...

Oh, don't get me wrong, it was full of a wide variety of colorful characters, including a jedi in a tuxedo, a man with the nickname of "Tank", someone claiming to be from the "inside", and even someone who is listed only as an observer, but always seems to chime in! But it was still about nothing. This was the longest series about nothing since Twilight... :confused:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually what was posted was that 'theoretically the ACC's footprint goes to Boston, but in reality it end's in Maryland'.

If you're going to spend 10 posts attacking and debating someone's point at least get it right.

The term you need to get comfortable with is "hyperbole"...

Until the BE is dead, NYC and MSG will belong to the BIG EAST!!!

In reality it doesn't end in Maryland. Not sure why some are so hell bent on continuing to argue something that is not true. If it is meant to be hyperbole, it's disguised pretty well. If you don't think Syracuse is a player in NYC either you've never been to the Big East Tournament or you are lying to yourself.

Reaction Score
In reality it doesn't end in Maryland. Not sure why some are so hell bent on continuing to argue something that is not true. If it is meant to be hyperbole, it's disguised pretty well. If you don't think Syracuse is a player in NYC either you've never been to the Big East Tournament or you are lying to yourself.
Lighten up Francis....

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Well since Clemson & FSU went to the SEC as well as MD & UNC to the B10/11/12 what else would you expect?

As was said in this thread months ago, the ACC is dead.

Let's be real here. There was a vocal minority here that let itself get swept up by the all message board insiders and gurus. FSU and Clemson rumors were a dime a dozen and we had people claiming that UNC and Maryland were bona fide targets of the B!G. I mean...seriously? A lot of us didn't believe that the ACC would disintegrate but it is pretty obvious that some of your constituents are not entirely pleased with the new deal, are not happy with the additional of two weak football schools and have not been happy with the overly Tobacco road/basketball centric agenda of the ACC.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Pitt had already begun to lose it's grip on NYC hoops recruiting before this switch. It will be hurt even more without annual trips to the Mecca. Syracuse will remain strong with Boeheim but without annual trips to the Mecca, it too, will be hurt with recruiting. As long as the BE is alive, mMSG is locked in for the BET. I suppose the ACC can schedule some conf championships in Brooklyn but Brooklyn ain't the Mecca and I don't think half hearted attempts will go over well with the Tobacco Road constituency. I'd even go so far as to say that mediocre ACC tournaments in NYC would be worse than no tournaments at all. So the Cuse will still be a player in NYC but it will be diminished. Pitt won't be a player at all.

Reaction Score
Pitt had already begun to lose it's grip on NYC hoops recruiting before this switch. It will be hurt even more without annual trips to the Mecca. Syracuse will remain strong with Boeheim but without annual trips to the Mecca, it too, will be hurt with recruiting. As long as the BE is alive, mMSG is locked in for the BET. I suppose the ACC can schedule some conf championships in Brooklyn but Brooklyn ain't the Mecca and I don't think half hearted attempts will go over well with the Tobacco Road constituency. I'd even go so far as to say that mediocre ACC tournaments in NYC would be worse than no tournaments at all. So the Cuse will still be a player in NYC but it will be diminished. Pitt won't be a player at all.

Correct. Syracuse is strong in NYC in large part because of exposure. Playing SJU, SHU, Rutgers and the Big East tournament in greater NY plus televised games against other regional teams with significant NY followings and alumni bases (e.g. UConn, Georgetown, Villanova, etc.) provided nearly constant chances for eyeballs. Merely being in NY State but roughly 300 miles away does very little for attracting a Metro NY follwing.

Syracuse will have to make great efforts for NYC exposure while in the ACC (their sacrificial lamb act against USC in the Meadowlands next month won't be the last), but without the regularity they had in the BE it will be hard to take a NY's Team claim seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom