ACC | Page 18 | The Boneyard

ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think if I were going to claim checkmate for Nelson, I'd wait for the huge NBC deal he's been predicting forever. You know since he was the one who banged the drum loudest on sticking it to ESPN..... that has worked out splendidly.

You are starting a new match.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I do continue to be puzzled why there is a pretty good amount of Uconn fans who hate the Whalers. They certainly stunk, but that doesnt seem to be the reason. Care to enlighten me?

No enlightenment will follow. Stuff like that reminds me of the Bundy Family creed, "When someone else is humiliated, the rest of us feel better about ourselves."

Reaction Score
I do continue to be puzzled why there is a pretty good amount of Uconn fans who hate the Whalers. They certainly stunk, but that doesnt seem to be the reason. Care to enlighten me?
I was a Hartford Failures fan. I'll be getting a Whalers flag that hung in the Hockey Hall of Fame soon. You are intellectually inept. That's all. Feel enlightened now?

Reaction Score
No enlightenment will follow. Stuff like that reminds me of the Bundy Family creed, "When someone else is humiliated, the rest of us feel better about ourselves."
Wrong.

Reaction Score

You seem to be convinced that UConn football did not matter to 99% of people prior to 2000, and if that's the case, what the hell makes you think that anybody that might actually be paying attention around here now is going to be anything but annoyed by anyone hanging on to a non-existent NHL franchise that never won anything and played it's last game in Hartford at about the exact same time that UConn was being formally invited by the Big East to play 1-A football with the big boys?

BTW: Kevin Dineen wasn't my favorite player. I thought he was kind of well....I can't think of another word for

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I haven't posted on this thread yet. I just thought I should. Oh and I always thought that Sean Burke was incredibly underrated.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
BTW: Kevin Dineen wasn't my favorite player. I thought he was kind of well....I can't think of another word for

Dineen was a ? HAHAHAHA, stick to talking yourself into thinking people cared about 1980s UConn football and big rivalries with SMU. At least you're only annoying that way.

Talking about Kevin Dineen being a makes you both annoying and a moron.

Reaction Score
I haven't posted on this thread yet. I just thought I should. Oh and I always thought that Sean Burke was incredibly underrated.
You bet he was underrated. And still is. Probably the best goalie in Whalers history.

Reaction Score
Dineen was a ? HAHAHAHA, stick to talking yourself into thinking people cared about 1980s UConn football and big rivalries with SMU. At least you're only annoying that way.

Talking about Kevin Dineen being a makes you both annoying and a moron.

you sure know a lot about what I write for somebody that ignores me. Odd.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
whats up dallas whats up, whats up dallas whats up
dallas jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up san diego whats up, whats up san diego whats up
san diego jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up phili whats up, whats up phili whats up
phili jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up houston whats up, whats up houston whats up
houston jump on it, jump on it, jump on it(oh lord)

whats up orlando whats up, whats up orlando whats up
orlando jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up tampa whats up, whats up tampa whats up
tampa jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up idaho whats up, whats up idaho whats up
idaho jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up memphis whats up, whats up memphis whats up
memphis jump on it, jump on it, jump on it(oh lord)

whats up lville whats up, whats up lville whats up
lville jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up cincy whats up, whats up cincy whats up
cincy jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up annapolis whats up, whats up annapolis whats up
annapolis jump on it, jump on it, jump on it
whats up colorado whats up, whats up colorado whats up
colorado jump on it, jump on it, jump on it(oh lord)

marinates jam

Reaction Score
yeah to that dan.......welcome to all the new big east members. Looking forward to the gridiron warrior battles. And yes - I do want payback against SMU. Welcome to the new basketball programs, Temple - which should have been playing round ball in the Big East long ago. Better late than never. Boise...the blue field? Really? Ok. Can we do blue grass? LOL

To all of you out there......

ACC stinks We now have a whole bunch of other programs, to start beating up on them regular. Looking forward to seeing all you newbies in the Big Apple.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
One day, I will buckle down and read this entire thread from stem to stern.

I'll have to hurry though: looks like it's already taking on water...

A lot of chest thumping and territorial pissing towards the end.

Reaction Score
You seem to be convinced that UConn football did not matter to 99% of people prior to 2000, and if that's the case, what the hell makes you think that anybody that might actually be paying attention around here now is going to be anything but annoyed by anyone hanging on to a non-existent NHL franchise that never won anything and played it's last game in Hartford at about the exact same time that UConn was being formally invited by the Big East to play 1-A football with the big boys?

Reaction Score
Can we trade Carl for rutgersal, at least al wants to get out of this mishmash conference. And for the record Carl, I want to see you drop the gloves with Stu Grimson or Chief Daniels and see how much of a you become.

Reaction Score
Ha! There you go all you folks from around the country reading - want to get a CT sports fan riled up? Say something negative about one of the Whalers heroes.

So predictable.

What's really got to be eating at some folks about all this ACC mess, and their crying about losing basketball rivalries, is that not only did Carolina sports brainchild poach most of our natural rivals in football that we could have had, while we've had our heads buried in the sand with basketball for the past 20 years, Carolina also got the Whalers.

Now go pour yourselves another drink and quietly shed a tear over Pietrangelo getting beat and Corriveau's miss on that night in 1992, as the rest of us, get ready to go out and blaze a trail into the top 25 for the Big East on the gridiron with our new acquaintances. and the basketball program digs itself out of the mess that it got into and works for another national title for the Big East.

The ACC stunk as far as I'm concerned 20 years ago, they stunk 10 years ago, and they still stink.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The ACC stunk as far as I'm concerned 20 years ago, they stunk 10 years ago, and they still stink.

Carl you more or less say that Northeastern football is a sleeping giant and that it's been neglected but could rise once again - correct?

If that is the case, than how are you against UConn playing in a league with BC, Pitt, Syracuse and Rutgers otherwise known as the Northeast. If the Northeast and our huge markets are there for the taking, how does it make sense to play in a league with teams from all over the country?

*Bonus points if this can be answered in 10,000 words or less.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ha! There you go all you folks from around the country reading - want to get a CT sports fan riled up? Say something negative about one of the Whalers heroes.

So predictable.

What's really got to be eating at some folks about all this ACC mess, and their crying about losing basketball rivalries, is that not only did Carolina sports brainchild poach most of our natural rivals in football that we could have had, while we've had our heads buried in the sand with basketball for the past 20 years, Carolina also got the Whalers.

Now go pour yourselves another drink and quietly shed a tear over Pietrangelo getting beat and Corriveau's miss on that night in 1992, as the rest of us, get ready to go out and blaze a trail into the top 25 for the Big East on the gridiron with our new acquaintances. and the basketball program digs itself out of the mess that it got into and works for another national title for the Big East.

You are the gift that keeps giving. This coming from someone with a few dozen posts on Yale and Carm Cozza is pretty funny.

I dont really get the obsession over my user name from some of you but whatever floats your boat. Im fairly sure that one could be a Whalers fan in the past and be a UConn fan but i guess thats impossible in your mind. Thankfully UConn doesn't see fit to exclude me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was a Hartford Failures fan. I'll be getting a Whalers flag that hung in the Hockey Hall of Fame soon. You are intellectually inept. That's all. Feel enlightened now?

Yes, that helps somewhat.. I figured you were an and this has helped confirm it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I sort of hope for your sake that you are playing a role here and you are obtuse on purpose. I hope it isnt you took too many blows to the head in your playing days and we are witnessing your slow slide into dementia.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I missed your prediction of an ESPN raid of the Big East prior to it happening. And by the way, Pitt and Syracuse both voted to turn down the ESPN deal too, but you know better than everyone.

And yet they didnt stick around for that NBC payday. Weird.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wow! I posted like 10 hours ago, and I am already 3 pages behind! So much ground to cover:

@Whaler11: I don't want you to confuse my comment about the Whalers as my hatred of the Whalers. Quite the opposite; you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Whaler fan than me. I was lucky enough to have season tickets as a kid, all the way through the 90's, in section 305 near the guy banging on the hard hat and the blind lady (for those that don't know, that isn't a joke; they were real Whaler fans and great ones, too!). I just couldn't understand why a guy who went through what we went through as Whaler fans would dismiss an "era of mediocrity" as if it was a time where we shouldn't have been fans.

@Butchy: You know I respect you because I still keep your quote as my tagline, but NEVER say the word "failures" in place of the word "Whalers"!! Ever!! (see above for reason)

@everyone else: My favorite all time Whaler was Ulf Samuelsson (#5). I just had a flashback to the commercial he did with Dineen where he said, "Kevin, Kevin, Kevin....I LOVE Volvos..."

That's all for now. Carry on...

Reaction Score
All I know is that gal in the Lay's Potato Chip commercial is some nice! but I'm sure TDH probably thinks she couldn't catch a pass let alone make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom