ACC Weekly Digest - ND #1 in Power Ranking | The Boneyard

ACC Weekly Digest - ND #1 in Power Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How does the ACC have a Power ranking when they have not played 1 team outside of UCONN in the top 15 or 20? These rankings are full of baloney.......

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
How does the ACC have a Power ranking when they have not played 1 team outside of UCONN in the top 15 or 20? These rankings are full of baloney..

I think you missed the point of the link. It was a ranking of the teams in the ACC...where the 15 conference teams rank in relation to each other.

Reaction Score
No, I understand the point, its just not a true power ranking until you play a few team above Div 11......Duke has played a few teams early......That is the biggest issue in WCBB..Too many cupcake schedules in all conferences.......There is no wonder why the SEC, B12, PAC 12 and B10 are weak after the top 2 or 3 teams in their conferences.....They never learn how to win a tough game on the road early in the season. Coach McGraw said it on Monday night, Win or lose, we will find our weak points early to fix them.....

The ACC is a very even balanced conference this season with ND., MD, DUKE, UNC. By the end of the ACC tournament, we will know who will survive at the Big dance in March...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is a conference power rating and that is enough for the moment. It is only being used in comparison to each other for the term of the conference competition. Adding in outside competition obscures the comparison.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Of course you are correct in what you said about the ACC power ranking, but I think you missed the point of jsloanjr's rant. He wanted to attack the ACC and defend UConn when it was not even under attack. Why should the ACC have someone ranking all the teams in their conference when the AAC has no-one who will rank all their teams? In fact, why should the ACC even have a conference? You're only a guest here so please do not respond.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Of course you are correct in what you said about the ACC power ranking, but I think you missed the point of jsloanjr's rant. He wanted to attack the ACC and defend UConn when it was not even under attack. Why should the ACC have someone ranking all the teams in their conference when the AAC has no-one who will rank all their teams? In fact, why should the ACC even have a conference? You're only a guest here so please do not respond.

Cam is not "only" a guest, he's an honored guest. With far more credibility and good will than you have, considering statements like that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I actually really like the ACC this year. They have 4 legit teams in the top 10 and the fact that they will play each other a lot will tell other teams who only faced a few of them a great deal about future matchups. UCONN has already beaten Duke and Maryland. Seeing how they fare against UNC and ND will not only be entertaining, but also informative. I'd love for our WCBB team to be part of that conference.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Cam is not "only" a guest, he's an honored guest. With far more credibility and good will than you have, considering statements like that.
Actually I'm in it for the food, not for credibility & good will. However I was trying to point out that no matter what cam says, somebody will claim he shouldn't say it because he's "only" a guest here. Sorry that you were unable to figure out my very confusing message.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

It would really help if you would use those party-gnome smiley icons like the one below, only a lot smaller, to let us all know when you are pulling our toe. Some of us are people of larger bodies but smaller brains (especially those bears) and need to have SARCASM plainly labelled. That's why I much prefer those orange boards down yonder that have no hidden sarcastic remarks, since every insulting sounding remark is actually an insulting sounding remark.

0619801.jpg

Last edited:

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Actually I'm in it for the food, not for credibility & good will. However I was trying to point out that no matter what cam says, somebody will claim he shouldn't say it because he's "only" a guest here. Sorry that you were unable to figure out my very confusing message.

To be honest, I cannot recall when anyone said that in the past several years. In fact, I cannot specifically recall having my opinion attacked because I was a guest. And I have been posting on the Boneyard since around November 2002, back when it affiliated with Rivals. (Cue "The Way We Were" - Memories, light the corners of my mind; Misty watercolor memories of the way we were). Heck, I have been posting so long on the Boneyard, that OldeCoach used to be "YoungCoach" and EricSanDiego was "EricRecentCollegeGraduate!"

Now, there were comments about my posting style/tone/tenor and how my posts were coming across to others (which was a fair criticism and an accurate one, to boot) and the occasional Duke jab, but I cannot specifically recall anyone ever saying, "Cam, you are only a guest here, so please do not respond."

Well, no one until you just did... :)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I cannot specifically recall anyone ever saying, "Cam, you are only a guest here, so please do not respond."

Well, no one until you just did... :)
So what's wrong with being a guest? There are guests of honor, guest artists, guest appearances --- all good things, and even if as like Ben Franklin says that the problem with guests is that like fish after three days they begin to smell, on the BY, who knows? There's that great adventure book called something like Beau Guest, and when you want someone to do something nice for you (Volfan, you really want to compare UConn and UTenn stats, then ....), you say, "Be my guest." You also have Grace Slick singing love songs about you and the friends who treat you like a guest.

And on the Boneyard, being a guest has always had a big upside compared to being one of the inmates, or even worse, one of those host mods.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You were acutely obtuse in making your point.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Note Bill's nickname of Slyboots. He was given that name for a reason.

Reaction Score
My point earlier today was the ACC is an average conference......Duke should have lost to FSU, MD goes down......NC State might be the big surprise come ACC tournament time.....THis weekend and next week will start to weed out the pretenders from the contenders........

Reaction Score
Actually on second reading it is obvious that huskybill was being sarcastic. Especially since the term " you are a guest here" is seldom if ever seen on this site. It's actually a funny post so I am also going to give it a like even though I first gave one to JRRJ's response.

jsloanjr
- If you have ever read Robs articles you would understand that he has a nack for both evaluating players and teams devoid of just pure statistics. One can glean some type of carry over from a previous season when put into a perspective that considers both the skills of gained and lost players. Of course chemistry can change over seasons but then the same can happen mid season so that an early win or loss has less affect on the present or later part of any season. This is why his power rankings change from week to week.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
My point earlier today was the ACC is an average conference.Duke should have lost to FSU, MD goes down.NC State might be the big surprise come ACC tournament time.....THis weekend and next week will start to weed out the pretenders from the contenders...

NC State has to learn to play better away from home first, and the guard play has to improve. Keisha Gatling and Kody Burke can go head-to-head with any combo of post players in the ACC, but State's guards can easily be overwhelmed, especially on defense. The good thing is that we haven't seen State peak yet, and most of the issues can be fixed if the players execute.

State faces a physical Georgia Tech Sunday in Atlanta. I would love it if State actually plays a decent ACC road game and pulls out the victory, and then turns around on Thursday and knocks Maryland out. Oh, if State could somehow sneak in and grab that No. 4 seed in the ACC tourney. . . .

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, I understand the point, its just not a true power ranking until you play a few team above Div 11.Duke has played a few teams early.That is the biggest issue in WCBB..Too many cupcake schedules in all conferences..There is no wonder why the SEC, B12, PAC 12 and B10 are weak after the top 2 or 3 teams in their conferences.....They never learn how to win a tough game on the road early in the season. Coach McGraw said it on Monday night, Win or lose, we will find our weak points early to fix them.....

The ACC is a very even balanced conference this season with ND., MD, DUKE, UNC. By the end of the ACC tournament, we will know who will survive at the Big dance in March...
facepalm.jpg

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Actually on second reading it is obvious that huskybill was being sarcastic. Especially since the term " you are a guest here" is seldom if ever seen on this site. It's actually a funny post so I am also going to give it a like even though I first gave one to JRRJ's response.

jsloanjr
- If you have ever read Robs articles you would understand that he has a nack for both evaluating players and teams devoid of just pure statistics. One can glean some type of carry over from a previous season when put into a perspective that considers both the skills of gained and lost players. Of course chemistry can change over seasons but then the same can happen mid season so that an early win or loss has less affect on the present or later part of any season. This is why his power rankings change from week to week.
Actually on second reading it is obvious that WILLTALK is being sarcastic. Especially since the term "huskybill is being sarcastic" is seldom seen on this site.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Willtalk was just short of the truth. The truth is Bill's whole being is sarcastic.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Note Bill's nickname of Slyboots. He was given that name for a reason.
Nanny, how I love you, how I love you
My dear, old Nanny ; I'd give the world to be
with Biff and you and JS too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members