ACC Theory | The Boneyard

ACC Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Say we do go the ACC. Let's look at the fraud and dishonesty of the Atlantic Coast Conference.

1. Duke: Lance Thomas accepts thousands of dollars from somebody to buy a piece of jewelry. Wins the NCAA's and no action is taken.

2. UNC: Has fraudulent classes and giving student athletes fake degrees (essentially). No action taken.

3. Syracuse: Touches boys. No action taken.

If UConn does go to the ACC, do we obtain immunity as well? Will the NCAA or maybe the Big East tournament ban be lifted? Or perhaps we are allowed into the NIT's? It only seems fair when looking at the trend.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Say we do go the ACC. Let's look at the fraud and dishonesty of the Atlantic Coast Conference.

1. Duke: Lance Thomas accepts thousands of dollars from somebody to buy a piece of jewelry. Wins the NCAA's and no action is taken.

2. UNC: Has fraudulent classes and giving student athletes fake degrees (essentially). No action taken.

3. Syracuse: Touches boys. No action taken.

If UConn does go to the ACC, do we obtain immunity as well? Will the NCAA or maybe the Big East tournament ban be lifted? Or perhaps we are allowed into the NIT's? It only seems fair when looking at the trend.
wont happen at all... also you forgot myron piggie and corey maggette, carlos boozer and chris duhon for duke

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who cares? If your choices are stay in the BE with no L'ville or RU, or go to the ACC, what is your choice? You'd have to be brain dead to want to stay. Cinci, USF, UCF, Houston, Memphis, Temple, UMASS, etc etc? Come on - that's C-USA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
CTBasketball, you are 0-2 today.

It's alright. No excuses I suck. My opinions are somewhat radical, and nobody likes to think different, but radical opinions.

Reaction Score
It's alright. No excuses I suck. My opinions are somewhat radical, and nobody likes to think different, but radical opinions.

I liked this try much better than the last. You're on an upward swing.

Reaction Score
Except the Syracuse thing happened when they were still in the Big East. So what's so great about the Big East again?

Reaction Score
Going to the ACC is a huge plus for FB but could hurt BB recruiting, mainly the NYC connection. Many of these kids want to play at MSG. Has anyone been to Greensboro? There is nothing there!! The pits!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Penn State was the boy toucher school. Syracuse was the animal bestiality school (Laurie Fine reference for the slow).

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Who cares? If your choices are stay in the BE with no L'ville or RU, or go to the ACC, what is your choice? You'd have to be brain dead to want to stay. Cinci, USF, UCF, Houston, Memphis, Temple, UMASS, etc etc? Come on - that's C-USA.
i could careless for rutgers from a bball perspective, memphis is better than them, but yeah i see what you're saying... for the big east to survive louisville and uconn have to stay... also, cinci, gtown, st johns and marquette all have to remain in the 25 or near it

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i could careless for rutgers from a bball perspective, memphis is better than them, but yeah i see what you're saying... for the big east to survive louisville and uconn have to stay... also, cinci, gtown, st johns and marquette all have to remain in the 25 or near it
agreed. I get this is a hoops board, but football rules the college landscape and the remnants of the NBE will totally suck. In fact, if RU and L'ville left, what's to keep Boise State and SDSU in there? I could see the NBE losing their automatic BCS berth (I have no idea how that's calculated but it certainly would suck to the extreme for sure!!)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Penn State was the boy toucher school. Syracuse was the animal bestiality school (Laurie Fine reference for the slow).
...and boy touching. Cuse is a one stop shop for perversion.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Going to the ACC is a huge plus for FB but could hurt BB recruiting, mainly the NYC connection. Many of these kids want to play at MSG. Has anyone been to Greensboro? There is nothing there!! The pits!!
The ACC tournament has not been played in the Greensboro Coliseum for a few years now. It was at the Georgia Dome last year.

Reaction Score
i am reading on twitter it is most likely between UConn and Louisville...which school do you believe is the better fit?

i am thinking UConn because with cuse and us we can lock down the NYC market and we also bring in a little of the boston market...but i am biased haha

Reaction Score
I wonder if ACC does invite us, MSG reconsiders putting a bid in for the ACC tourney. I think that deadline might've passed, but that could be interesting if still possible.

Reaction Score
i am reading on twitter it is most likely between UConn and Louisville...which school do you believe is the better fit?

i am thinking UConn because with cuse and us we can lock down the NYC market and we also bring in a little of the boston market...but i am biased haha
Uconn has a much bigger viewing market than Louisville, and our academics are much better which is important to the ACC. I'm thinking Louisville is a very long shot, and would be a backup plan if we happen to get stonewalled by some ACC members like we did last time.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
agreed. I get this is a hoops board, but football rules the college landscape and the remnants of the NBE will totally suck. In fact, if RU and L'ville left, what's to keep Boise State and SDSU in there? I could see the NBE losing their automatic BCS berth (I have no idea how that's calculated but it certainly would suck to the extreme for sure!!)
yeah and that's the awful thing about all this, all other sports are now being hurt by football (baseball, basketball, soccer etc)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I wonder if ACC does invite us, MSG reconsiders putting a bid in for the ACC tourney. I think that deadline might've passed, but that could be interesting if still possible.
dont see it happening... they just signed a contract and it wouldnt be fair to the other schools that stayed (st johns, gtown) and it would also be a big get the outta here to say no

caw

Reaction Score

UL is a decent fit, b/c they are better at football and keep FSU/Clemson/Miami a bit happier.

UConn fits with all the other schools though and is a suitable replacement for Maryland, it also meets the ACC academic standard.

I wish ND would commit and they would bring in UL/UConn. It would make football strong and completely stabilize the conference while dominating the NYC market and bringing the conference to an even number of 14 schools. Never going to happen, but I would love it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
also i quoted pitino earlier this year saying, the only reason the acc is going after big east schools is bc the big east has become the best conference in the country for basketball and they're threatened by that, what is cuse and pitt football going to bring? they shouldve gone after west virginia and maybe cinci for football

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
UL is a decent fit, b/c they are better at football and keep FSU/Clemson/Miami a bit happier.

UConn fits with all the other schools though and is a suitable replacement for Maryland, it also meets the ACC academic standard.

I wish ND would commit and they would bring in UL/UConn. It would make football strong and completely stabilize the conference while dominating the NYC market and bringing the conference to an even number of 14 schools. Never going to happen, but I would love it.
if ND decided to play football in the big east and then keep some rivalries the big east would be saved... they could run the table in the big east and win their ooc games and get the automatic bcs berth

caw

Reaction Score
if ND decided to play football in the big east and then keep some rivalries the big east would be saved... they could run the table in the big east and win their ooc games and get the automatic bcs berth

I know, I hate ND.

Reaction Score
I know, I hate ND.

Here's a thought. What if Maryland is being "nudged" out by the ACC, with the intent to replace it with Navy in some sort of perverted attempt to get ND to commit to the ACC in football? Navy gives you back the DC market and perhaps tips the balance for ND football to commit to the ACC? Probably not, but man there have been some weird things happening with realignment.

caw

Reaction Score
Here's a thought. What if Maryland is being "nudged" out by the ACC, with the intent to replace it with Navy in some sort of perverted attempt to get ND to commit to the ACC in football? Navy gives you back the DC market and perhaps tips the balance for ND football to commit to the ACC? Probably not, but man there have been some weird things happening with realignment.

I don't think Navy would bring a ton of DC.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

What New York Market? Like Boston, New York is primarily a pro sports town, and college athletics are a distant secondary. At 244 miles, Toronto is closer to Syracuse than NYC is. Except for the Big East Tournement, the NYC college market is a fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom