ACC Theory | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I don't think Navy would bring a ton of DC.

And, I might add, neither does Maryland bring a ton of DC.

I used to live down that way and the area is really ACC oriented, more than it is Maryland oriented. And with Maryland moving to the Big 10, the sports pages will still have to cover ACC, anyway, but now they will have to cover Big 10, as well.

I see it more as a dilution of that market than a locking up of that sports market.

Think BC and Boston, and then swap in Maryland and DC....

I believe that the Big 10 seriously miscalculated with this....

Time will tell.

caw

Reaction Score
And, I might add, neither does Maryland bring a ton of DC.

I used to live down that way and the area is really ACC oriented, more than it is Maryland oriented. And with Maryland moving to the Big 10, the sports pages will still have to cover ACC, anyway, but now they will have to cover Big 10, as well.

I see it more as a dilution of that market than a locking up of that sports market.

Think BC and Boston, and then swap in Maryland and DC....

I believe that the Big 10 seriously miscalculated with this....

Time will tell.

If UVA were ever decent at any sport they might possibly bring DC, unfortunately, they suck.

Reaction Score
The ACC tournament has not been played in the Greensboro Coliseum for a few years now. It was at the Georgia Dome last year.

The ACC played in Greesboro 2010,2011 and are scheduled to play there 2013,14, and 15.

Reaction Score
dont see it happening... they just signed a contract and it wouldnt be fair to the other schools that stayed (st johns, gtown) and it would also be a big get the outta here to say no

You don't think the MSG lawyers put in a clause to exit if they lose more members? If UConn gets the invite the ACC will have to fight for the NYC eyeballz...I see the ACC tourney trying to relocate 50% of the time to NYC.

BTW, the feds dropped the investigation on Bernie Fine as all witnesses were caught lying and obviously no illegal or damaging files were found on his computers....but hey continue the hate.

I see UL getting the first invite...then hopefully UConn for #15 and ND stays as *16*.

Reaction Score
BTW, the feds dropped the investigation on Bernie Fine as all witnesses were caught lying and obviously no illegal or damaging files were found on his computers....but hey continue the hate.

How was Bobby Davis lying? The tape recording was pretty damning. When Laurie would go upstairs each evening to put her infant son to sleep, Bernie would sneak down to the basement where Davis was asleep. he even admitted that she knew what Bernie was doing to him.

Reaction Score
Let's see what ESPN has to say about this Louisville over UConn crap.

Maryland leaves, Louisville enters. And ESPN is happy with that?
Marketwise, population wise, that's not a great trade.

Reaction Score
Let's see what ESPN has to say about this Louisville over UConn crap.

Maryland leaves, Louisville enters. And ESPN is happy with that?
Marketwise, population wise, that's not a great trade.
Isn't Louisville the largest CBB market?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
yeah and that's the awful thing about all this, all other sports are now being hurt by football (baseball, basketball, soccer etc)

How exactly do other sports not benefit from a move to the ACC? The ACC provides better competition in baseball (Southern Schools play year round and Miami, FSU, UNC, and Clemson are among the best teams in the country every year), both sides of basketball (UNC and Duke, need I say more?), and a host of other non-revenue generating sports (got make a buck to get a seat at the table).

It's a shame that Gtown and 'Nova get left behind, but they made their decision years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom