ACC Off-Season | Page 11 | The Boneyard

ACC Off-Season

Reaction Score
Over the last 2 years Duke is 3rd behind VT and ND in conference wins. Over the last 3 years they drop considerably falling behind VT, ND, Louisville, NC State, UNC and FSU.

I get that everyone is looking for recognition and perhaps Duke has been snubbed somewhere. 2 years ago Celeste Taylor was all defensive team, defensive player of the year and 1st team all conference and Lawson was 2nd in voting for coach of the year. Last season Duke had Okananwa as the 6th player of the year (State might have argued for Zoe Brooks), Okananwa made the all freshman team, Richardson was 2nd team all conference.

This year they bumped Richardson to pre season 1st team and have Fournier as the top incoming freshman to watch.

The thing is for the preseason selections we are talking about 10 players getting picked and there are now 18 teams. Notre Dame fans think they deserve 4 and got 3 (King was first team last year and not pre season this year, Westbeld was 2nd team last year, not pre season this year). Tonnie Morgan and Kara Dunn were both 2nd team all conference last year for GT and neither preseason selections this year.

The ACC has a lot of talent. Louisville is picked 4th and has no one one the pre season team. I'm having a hard time looking at that list of 10 and seeing who should come off and I can think of 5 or 6 players not on it that have arguments to be on it.
Oh no I'm not looking for more recognition. I'm just pointing out the irony of the voting. I disagree completely with the metrics used for such things. It is as much a popularity contest as it is an actual accounting of talent. I feel the same about the AP polls and Coaches polls. I don't think anyone should pay any attention to them. Those awards don't really help with anything during or after college anyway.

Reaction Score
Can someone clarify the roster size for me regarding Duke specifically. It's my understanding that 15 scholarship players is the maximum. Duke has 16 on their current roster and I doubt any of them are walk-ons.

Unless players transfer out next year they will lose a maximum of 2 players to graduation and already have 1 player committed for 2025. That brings them back to 15 so how is it that they can still have offers out there for more 2025 recruits? Are they going to "suggest" a player transfer out in order to make space for a higher ranked recruit coming in ? What if a top player wants to transfer in after this season ? Do you tell them no ?

Reaction Score
Can someone clarify the roster size for me regarding Duke specifically. It's my understanding that 15 scholarship players is the maximum. Duke has 16 on their current roster and I doubt any of them are walk-ons.

Unless players transfer out next year they will lose a maximum of 2 players to graduation and already have 1 player committed for 2025. That brings them back to 15 so how is it that they can still have offers out there for more 2025 recruits? Are they going to "suggest" a player transfer out in order to make space for a higher ranked recruit coming in ? What if a top player wants to transfer in after this season ? Do you tell them no ?
Duke has two walk ons...Olivia Watkins and Ella Moore.

Reaction Score

Two walk ons, 14 on scholarship. Lose Richardson at the end of the year. 13 + Skinner for 25-26 season. 1 scholarship remaining.

Reaction Score
Two walk ons, 14 on scholarship. Lose Richardson at the end of the year. 13 + Skinner for 25-26 season. 1 scholarship remaining.
What about DeJesus? Thought this was her final season with her using her redshirt.

Reaction Score

I'd be surprised if 1 or 2 don't transfer at the end of this year. We'll have to see how the year unfolds and who gets the most playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom