ACC expansion | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ACC expansion

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks a conference covering the east and west coast, northeast to southwest, has no understanding of what is a realistic long term solution.

Until teleportation is a thing, no conference has a future with that amount of travel.

That was my argument when the ACC added Syracuse and BC (from Florida to the frozen north)....and, lately, the Big Ten stretched from the Pacific to Maryland and New Jersey...

Reaction Score
That was my argument when the ACC added Syracuse and BC (from Florida to the frozen north)....and, lately, the Big Ten stretched from the Pacific to Maryland and New Jersey...
East coast travel is far easier than cross country. It's 2-3 hours from the frozen north to south Florida and it's all in the same time zone. Plus there's a ton of flights which is convenient.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks a conference covering the east and west coast, northeast to southwest, has no understanding of what is a realistic long term solution.

Until teleportation is a thing, no conference has a future with that amount of travel.
Did I argue for Stan and Cal?

All I said is that anyone suggesting Tulane would get laughed out of an ACC meeting. It’s the equivalent of adding another Wake Forest, the 15th most valuable ACC member.

Reaction Score
Did I argue for Stan and Cal?

All I said is that anyone suggesting Tulane would get laughed out of an ACC meeting. It’s the equivalent of adding another Wake Forest, the 15th most valuable ACC member.
WF the 15th most valuable? Syracuse and BC are vying for that distinction...

Reaction Score
From that link earlier in the week, Wake Forest was at the bottom of the ACC earning $407m in revenue from 2017-2021. Georgia Tech and BC were next at $410m and $425m. Syracuse was at $462m, above NC State and a bunch of BXII schools.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
smu is attractive to the acc because they know they are coming in from a very solid conference (aac)

uconn has no appeal to the acc because they can already schedule them as their body bag homecoming game.

Reaction Score
SMU being in Dallas is what makes sense for the ACCN. When the B12 GOR’s expires and if the B1G and SEC expand they will poach the B12 and the ACC will get the leftovers again. TCU, TT and OK St could all end up in the ACC.

Reaction Score
SMU being in Dallas is what makes sense for the ACCN. When the B12 GOR’s expires and if the B1G and SEC expand they will poach the B12 and the ACC will get the leftovers again. TCU, TT and OK St could all end up in the ACC.
Nobody is poaching The Big 12. All the teams are there because they have nowhere better to go. The final move will be the B1G and SEC tearing The ACC apart and a bunch of the leftovers merging with The Big 12. The ACC is officially on the clock.

Reaction Score
Nobody is poaching The Big 12. All the teams are there because they have nowhere better to go. The final move will be the B1G and SEC tearing The ACC apart and a bunch of the leftovers merging with The Big 12. The ACC is officially on the clock.

I hope so....but I fear that the sand in my hour glass will be drained first.

Reaction Score
Poor ACC! Dead man walking and doesn't even know it. Should someone tell them or something?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If Kansas wins a national title or two in football between now and when the B-12's GOR expires they'll have a very good shot. Otherwise, nobody's getting any offers.

Reaction Score
It depends on if the B1G wants to expand to Arizona, Texas and other big markets. ASU, TCU, Utah, CU if they turn things around, KU could all draw interest from the B1G.

In 2036 the ACC will probably lose members to both the B1G and the SEC. How many depends on how many teams the B1G and the SEC want to grow to. Whatever teams are left over from the B12 and the ACC will be together in one conference. That conference is probably going to be the ACC because of timing of the GOR and because the ACC has the ACCN.

Reaction Score
It depends on if the B1G wants to expand to Arizona, Texas and other big markets. ASU, TCU, Utah, CU if they turn things around, KU could all draw interest from the B1G.

In 2036 the ACC will probably lose members to both the B1G and the SEC. How many depends on how many teams the B1G and the SEC want to grow to. Whatever teams are left over from the B12 and the ACC will be together in one conference. That conference is probably going to be the ACC because of timing of the GOR and because the ACC has the ACCN.

But also a 12-team conference in the EST under contract with a partial ND is going to be easier to backfill than a 20-team conference that thought Utah/BYU was a solid move in 2023.

Reaction Score
Agree but I'm trying to wrap my head around a ACC-Big12 merger.

If the B12 adds the Pac12 last 4, they're up to 20 members.

Say the ACC loses its top 4 teams. Or top 6.

The B12 adds 8 more or 10 more?

Can you imagine a 30 team conference?

Reaction Score
30 is too many, which means that if the XII takes these four then multiple ACC schools AND UConn will be locked out when the ACC is picked apart in a few years.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The ACC will eventually lose FSU and Clemson, and maybe UNC and UVA. When it all hits the fan, I hope to see my two schools (UConn and SMU) in the ACC together.

Reaction Score

None of those schools is bringing $70m/year.

Reaction Score
None of those schools is bringing $70m/year.
If the ACC had 4+ schools worth $70m, they’d have a better contract today. I expect a major shakeup in the whole industry in the next 6 years. Money will be either found somewhere else, or a contraction bloodbath will occur.

Reaction Score
If the ACC had 4+ schools worth $70m, they’d have a better contract today. I expect a major shakeup in the whole industry in the next 6 years. Money will be either found somewhere else, or a contraction bloodbath will occur.
The $70m that Clemson, Florida St and UNC are worth is offset by the $10m that BC, WF and Syracuse are worth.

Reaction Score
30 is too many, which means that if the XII takes these four then multiple ACC schools AND UConn will be locked out when the ACC is picked apart in a few years.
30 controls a good part of the country. 10 teams in west, 10 teams in Midwest and 10 teams in east

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom