2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis, UConn visit. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis, UConn visit.

caw

Reaction Score
Most power 4 fans think the big east is another mid major conference and lead the whole narrative that the big east will be nonexistent in a couple years. Despite the 4 national championships coming out of the conference in the past 9-10 years between us and Villanova…

Honestly it’s funner this way. Love seeing their faces and reactions when they get plowed by UConn in march. Even this year, northwestern fans were saying we’ve never seen a defense like theirs, or Bama fans saying we won’t be able to keep up with them, etc.

Northwestern fans were fun as hell to read. I think the prevailing sentiment after the NCAAT was they at least beat UConn in one half and if they had an extra half they would have won because they were "figuring UConn out"

Reaction Score
hurley mentioned in the ryen russillo interview that they like to target guys who rise in rankings because they are more hungry and less entitled etc.
Hurley and crew are just the total package. I have not complained since Hurley made Jackson a productive player, first round draft pick. Wow.

Reaction Score
I mean really? That is unbelievable. Guy ruined games for us, then became valuable asset.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Northwestern fans were fun as hell to read. I think the prevailing sentiment after the NCAAT was they at least beat UConn in one half and if they had an extra half they would have won because they were "figuring UConn out"
That's one way of "thinking about it." It's some times called "rationalization." "I just thought it so it must be truth"

REALITY : Objectively speaking games are always won on the floor in 40 minutes; not in your imagination with 60 minutes.

Possibility: With another 20 minutes our depth would probably mopped the floor with them and made the beatdown even more brutal.

Reaction Score
That's one way of "thinking about it." It's some times called "rationalization." "I just thought it so it must be truth"

REALITY : Objectively speaking games are always won on the floor in 40 minutes; not in your imagination with 60 minutes.

Possibility: With another 20 minutes our depth would probably mopped the floor with them and made the beatdown even more brutal.
Reminds me of the Illinois fan saying aside from the 30-0 run Illinois won the game by 5

Reaction Score
LMAO, Clingan barely played in the 2nd half before extended garbage time, Hurley was already planning ahead in the 2nd half with having only 3 days till the next game and you factor in the game game ending late.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Theyre utter trash. Uconn haters that were forced to bend the knee and also classlessly called Reed "the stupidest player ever".
That guy also said Mahaney is going to be an All-American. I hope he's half right.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hurley and crew are just the total package. I have not complained since Hurley made Jackson a productive player, first round draft pick. Wow.
Crazy athletic kid, but his shooting might have obscured that in other programs. It would've been easy for Hurley and staff to cut his minutes when everyone was laying off of him allowing them to, essentially, defend five on four. Instead, the staff figured out how to exploit it and the rest history. If Jackson doesn't come to Connecticut, it's a pretty high likelihood he's a journeyman player in Europe instead of a pro.

Reaction Score
A little Shabazz-ness to his game. Crafty handler and scorer.

I can never get enough backcourt lefties.
I LOVE how we seem to be prioritizing players who THINK the game beyond the standard run and jump athlete.

I've watched alot of tape on Lewis, and the Shabazz comp is valid, as his game is so much more than his athleticism or jump shot. Its that crafty, read and react intangible that makes Luke's offensive wrinkles possible. That's why I said he's my fave PG option with us. Would love to see him and Meleek !

Reaction Score
I LOVE how we seem to be prioritizing players who THINK the game beyond the standard run and jump athlete.

I've watched alot of tape on Lewis, and the Shabazz comp is valid, as his game is so much more than his athleticism or jump shot. Its that crafty, read and react intangible that makes Luke's offensive wrinkles possible. That's why I said he's my fave PG option with us. Would love to see him and Meleek !
DH in one of the interviews (don't remember which), made a comment that they would take a guy who can process the game at a high level even though he's not the absolute best athlete over just a super athlete without the BBIQ

Reaction Score
A little Shabazz-ness to his game. Crafty handler and scorer.

I can never get enough backcourt lefties.

He's got that quick pull-up dagger and a little swagger like Shabazz had. I can see it.

Not sure he's the defender Shabazz was at the same stage, but that will change quickly under a coach like Hurley. He's got more length and height than Bazz, which fits with our switching schemes on defense.

Reaction Score
Visit is supposed to start tomorrow. Not sure if he is staying overnight but I'd assume so.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
DH in one of the interviews (don't remember which), made a comment that they would take a guy who can process the game at a high level even though he's not the absolute best athlete over just a super athlete without the BBIQ
I don't remember which interview it was either, maybe at the Stamford roadshow, but, I remember the quote as well.

Reaction Score
I don't remember which interview it was either, maybe at the Stamford roadshow, but, I remember the quote as well.
With more time to ponder, I think it was Rusillo? Wasn’t that one of the latest pods?

Reaction Score
Staff is teaching the BBIQ, up to a higher level. Cam Spencer was quoted at the NBA draft camp that he really saw the difference UConn coaching makes, that the UConn players are above the grade when it comes to IQ. One of the bigger reasons that makes us winners.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom