2025 Recruiting: - Acaden Lewis final four | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Acaden Lewis final four

Reaction Score
Heck of a final list. Clear to say he's interested in Blue Blood prestige. Only one of those coaches has a natty or two though.

Reaction Score
I keep reading that last sentence over and over. :cool:
Feels like us or Duke, not that these responses dictate much. UNC response was pretty blah. Of the 4 schools, I feel like we’ve been in it the longest and put the most time in thus far and it appears we continue to put in the time. As a VA kid, would seem hard not to put Duke up there.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Us vs Kentucky. It must be tempting to team up with Johnson and Moreno, hopefully our culture and success is a better sell.

Reaction Score
Feels like us or Duke, not that these responses dictate much. UNC response was pretty blah. Of the 4 schools, I feel like we’ve been in it the longest and put the most time in thus far and it appears we continue to put in the time. As a VA kid, would seem hard not to put Duke up there.
The rumor is it's UConn and Kentucky as the leaders right now

Reaction Score
Quite a list
As I said in another thread, I think his list of schools prioritizing him is a better indication of his talent than his rankings in the low 30s. Rivals still has him at #53 but I don't think they've updated their rankings in a while.

Reaction Score
Us vs Kentucky. It must be tempting to team up with Johnson and Moreno, hopefully our culture and success is a better sell.
Interestingly, Jasper Johnson has actually turned off a number of other recruits as he’s generally seen as a me first kid. His presser on going to Kentucky apparently had a couple references to money. If anything, he’s a deterrent and Lewis was forced to speak through that in saying that playing with him is fine by him. Very weird.

Still see UConn, Duke all NIL equal but sense money will move the needle here. I don’t think UNC has much of a chance.

Reaction Score
UConn and Kentucky. I think we'll get him.

Reaction Score
Chatter on the Burner(Trilly’s site) sounds like it’s us or Duke. Also talk of him and Nate Ament wanting to play together but I get a good feeling he will be a Husky. Poor Cuse fans thought they were in it:)

Reaction Score
This is the same guy that had cuse in the top 3 right?
Yup - not an insider by any means, just a guy who makes hunches based on what he reads and pays a lot of attention to the online chatter.

Interestingly the word on the UK side is that they spent a ton on Johnson as it comes to optics in keeping a home state kid. The downside is not a lot of other kids want to play with him, including Mullins. This may have also weakened their NIL pot. Similarly IU is prepared to back up the brinks for Mullins, a home state kid. So this is going to come down to how much, how close we come, and how much will staying home and $$ mean to Mullins. Mullins has cancelled a number of visits and only has IU remaining as a last. It’s down to us and IU.

If Lewis is a way to get Ament, I might start putting heavy emphasis there. It would also be a nice way to keep that Va/DC/Maryland recruiting hotbed on our side (Abraham, Hawkins, Reibe, Lewis).

JerseyAlum

St. Anthony's Fan; UConn tennis alum
Reaction Score
I like our chances with Lewis and Thomas and Reibe the most for us.

Reaction Score
I think it was Branham that said in their YouTube video that Lewis is probably jumping into 5 star status for their next update. They moved him up this time just beneath 5 star, and they seemed apprehensive to shoot him up too far at once.
What’s the sense in that? Just another reason to take the rankings with a grain of salt. Either you’ve earned your ranking or you haven’t.

Reaction Score
I love this kid, whether he comes here or not. Seems like a worker!
I keep telling myself that the only reason that certain other recruits don't put us on their list is because they don't want to practice very hard.
It makes me think that other coaches who grab a kid like that are getting someone who doesn't want to practice hard.
And then we see those teams in the tourney and we stomp like a team that practices too hard.
Q.E.D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom