2026 Recruiting: - Abdou Toure update 7/5/24 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2026 Recruiting: Abdou Toure update 7/5/24

Reaction Score
The spelling of "wrecking" is hurting my soul. Love the local kid getting some serious attention... seems like we've put so much time into him an offer is just a matter of time.

Any word on him prepping? Talking was big a few months ago but it's getting pretty late for an enrollment change.
I don't think he's transferring. He's gotten the exposure he needed from AAU.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's transferring. He's gotten the exposure he needed from AAU.

It's not about the exposure. Talent will always be found.

Development. He's more likely going to improve his shotmaking and decision-making at a prep like Brewster than he is playing in the CCC.

Doesn't mean he'll be terrible if he comes to Storrs having playing CIAC ball. Just means he may take longer to get up to speed.

Reaction Score
From 247 a few days ago:

Abdou Toure, Expressions Elite

With the 2024 summer recruiting period now at an end, Toure certainly looks like one of the big winners in the national class of 2026. He's powerful, athletic, with good positional size on the wing and just an absolute recking ball going to the rim. His ability to make huge, momentum changing plays, in transition is second to none, but he can also create in the half-court. He has a quick first-step, plays through contact with ease, and then rises up with both quickness and power. His recruitment has really ascended in recent weeks with Providence, Arizona State, UCF, Alabama, Oregon, Penn State, Louisville, Texas A&M and Syracuse being among the schools to offer,with Connecticut also visibly monitoring his progress as well.

Reaction Score

It's crazy how little wind up he needs to dunk. A few plays I saw this year, he's going in and jump stops or euros for a layup... and then somehow he's dunking it.

Reaction Score
It's crazy how little wind up he needs to dunk. A few plays I saw this year, he's going in and jump stops or euros for a layup... and then somehow he's dunking it.
Definitely has some quick hops. A lot to like about his game. Imagine him and Meleek in the open floor on a fast break? Let's keep him home.

Reaction Score
He's an absolute fit. I've seen him play multiple times and he's as happy or happier for his teammates' success as his own. When asked why winning a state championship is important, he said because he wanted it for his coach who has coached so many years but never one a state championship. Great character kid and amazingly athletic.
He sounds like a gem. Hopefully it's a good fit for UConn and him so his parents can see him win #9.........or whatever the number will be his freshman year.

It's hard to keep track!

Reaction Score
No mention of a UConn offer. Yet.

“I’m going to be looking for a school where my family is going to be able to watch me play,” Toure said. “And a good all-around program, where I feel comfortable. Comfortable with the coaches and comfortable with my teammates in general.”

Reaction Score
It's not about the exposure. Talent will always be found.

Development. He's more likely going to improve his shotmaking and decision-making at a prep like Brewster than he is playing in the CCC.

Doesn't mean he'll be terrible if he comes to Storrs having playing CIAC ball. Just means he may take longer to get up to speed.
SCC, not CCC.

Reaction Score
Maybe he means it's important that the academics be easy.
Well, he was offered by Yale. They don't/can't take players who are don't qualify academically. Well, at least since the varsity blues soccer coach was canned.

Reaction Score
SCC, not CCC.
Having watched the nepsac quite a bit
I’m not sure about the supposed advantages certainly playing and practicing against players of similar ability is an advantage but not sure about the developmental part
With st Thomas more being the exception the games still resemble all star games
Living away from home certainly helps with transition to college
Imho playing in front of a crowd and competing for a championship that actually means something like
Traditional hs is a tangible developmental advantage to playing in front of 100 people most of whom
Are college coaches with players and coaches you’ve know for 6 month
Having gone to both the semi final
And the final at Mohegan the pressure and intensity
Of those games is not what you get in the Nepsac

Reaction Score
Having watched the nepsac quite a bit
I’m not sure about the supposed advantages certainly playing and practicing against players of similar ability is an advantage but not sure about the developmental part
With st Thomas more being the exception the games still resemble all star games
Living away from home certainly helps with transition to college
Imho playing in front of a crowd and competing for a championship that actually means something like
Traditional hs is a tangible developmental advantage to playing in front of 100 people most of whom
Are college coaches with players and coaches you’ve know for 6 month
Having gone to both the semi final
And the final at Mohegan the pressure and intensity
Of those games is not what you get in the Nepsac

Good NEPSAC schools have much better coaching, more gym time, and big step up in competition. Ignoring that is just livinf in LaLa Land. There's a reason why the vast majority of great players in the Northeast don't stay in public school leagues.

A good comparison would be Woodstock's private team vs public team. It's not even remotely a comparison in talent and skill level.

You're right, the game environment blows. I remember watching Akok at PSA with a buddy of mine... the school has less seating than my elementary school gym. Players have to balance that vs better teammates, competition, coaching and facilities.

Reaction Score
Good NEPSAC schools have much better coaching, more gym time, and big step up in competition. Ignoring that is just livinf in LaLa Land. There's a reason why the vast majority of great players in the Northeast don't stay in public school leagues.

A good comparison would be Woodstock's private team vs public team. It's not even remotely a comparison in talent and skill level.

You're right, the game environment blows. I remember watching Akok at PSA with a buddy of mine... the school has less seating than my elementary school gym. Players have to balance that vs better teammates, competition, coaching and facilities.
I believe we are in agreement !!

Reaction Score
Toure will have CBB options-What are his and his family's priorities for him? UConn is now in the position of having multiple high-end players interested in our Program. If it's about the bag-Next.. If not-Let's do an OV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom