Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

Reaction Score
In the wake of his suicide, his conviction for the the murder of Lloyd will now be vacated because he was still in the process of appealing that decision thanks to a principal known as abatement ab initio.

This means that none of the evidence in that case can be used in any civil lawsuit filed against his estate by members of Lloyd's family, leaving whatever is left of his millions to his young daughter.

Read more: NFL's Aaron Hernandez kills himself in prison | Daily Mail Online

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So it is kind of OT but how does somebody hang themselves successfully in prison? I read the specifics of what was said but something just seems off about it. I agree with others that the timing seems odd as well.

Reaction Score
My God, what a horrifically tragic story this whole thing is. (strange that this happened right after he was found not guilty this past week for the other murders too.) So sad for his family and for DJ. Sincere condolences to all.

Some are theorizing that the pain of seeing his daughter at that 2nd trial and exchanging blown kisses with her finally broke him down. It was a heartbreaking scene, the little girl crying because she wanted her father and the 2 or them not being able to embrace. Feel awful for that little girl.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What a shame. I knew his Uncle Vito in HS, and I have many family members that know his mother and knew him from school. He was well liked while growing up. Hopefully they can all move on with their lives. Thoughts and prayers are with them all. RIP.

Reaction Score
A theory going around that the reason AH killed himself is because of the guilt of the not guilty verdict he just received for the double homicide.

The motive for the Odin LLoyd murder (the one which he was in prison for) was to keep Lloyd from talking about the double homicide AH was just found not guilty for. Upon being found not guilty AH probably realized how pointless the Lloyd murder was as he would have been found not guilty for the double homicide. Basically killed him for nothing.
Interesting

Reaction Score
In the wake of his suicide, his conviction for the the murder of Lloyd will now be vacated because he was still in the process of appealing that decision thanks to a principal known as abatement ab initio.

This means that none of the evidence in that case can be used in any civil lawsuit filed against his estate by members of Lloyd's family, leaving whatever is left of his millions to his young daughter.

If true that is a horrible law and AH once again completely destroys the Lloyd Family.
There is no exemption for suicide?

Reaction Score
To me, one of the more difficult things to believe in this story is that Hernandez was 27 years old, a young man, even young by professional athlete standards. It's not just the rise and fall, but how quickly everything happened.

Hernandez was drafted in 2010 at age 20. He made an NFL roster, caught a TD in a Super Bowl and a signed a big contract. This was stuff that everyone who aspires to become an NFL player dreams about. By the summer of 2013, though, he was arrested for murder and would spend the rest of his life in jail.

He had the talent to get to a point where he had it made, relatively speaking. Then he made decisions that ruined everything that he accomplished, ended at least one other person's life (and, likely, two others) and negatively impacted of his family and his victim's families. Just a sad, terrible situation.

Reaction Score
In the wake of his suicide, his conviction for the the murder of Lloyd will now be vacated because he was still in the process of appealing that decision thanks to a principal known as abatement ab initio. This means that none of the evidence in that case can be used in any civil lawsuit filed against his estate by members of Lloyd's family, leaving whatever is left of his millions to his young daughter.
If true that is a horrible law and AH once again completely destroys the Lloyd Family.
There is no exemption for suicide?

Bit more here: 'Extraordinary' legal principle means Aaron Hernandez may not be a guilty man

Reaction Score
I am very sorry to hear about your terrible loss. I do hope that things get better with time and support.

Despite all the darkness, Aaron was only 27 years old. My brother was 25. Regardless of the circumstances of their life or passing, this is always too young.

Reaction Score
I have always believed that his father dying changed his life forever.

This, totally. I know this situation has been written about a bunch. My friend's father played @ UCONN with his pops and was good friends with the family. The death shattered Aaron. I can't imagine if I lost my father and best friend @ 16 years old during a hernia operation. People recover from disastrous situations all the time and I feel confident I wouldn't have turned out at to be a drug addled homicidal maniac, but I bet I would have been some other type of trainwreck.

Reaction Score
Perfect ending to this story seeing as its been horrible all around. This is just a horrible, horrible story. My heart goes out to his family and the family of his victims. What a waste.

Reaction Score
So it is kind of OT but how does somebody hang themselves successfully in prison? I read the specifics of what was said but something just seems off about it. I agree with others that the timing seems odd as well.

He was found hanging from a bedsheet attached to a window in his cell in Unit G-2 of the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center at about 3:05 a.m., the state Department of Correction said in a statement. The agency said Hernandez had tried to block the door to prevent officers from entering.

A prisoner advocate said hanging from a cell window is an unusual way for an inmate to kill himself at the Souza-Baranowski facility, which is designed to make suicide difficult.

Correction Department spokesman Christopher Fallon said there was no suicide note found during the initial search of the two-man cell Hernandez occupied alone. He was not on a suicide watch because he had not signaled he was at risk, Fallon said.

“If he had made any kind of statement, he would have not been in that unit,’’ Fallon said.

Aaron Hernandez found hanged in his prison cell - The Boston Globe

Reaction Score
I always felt the Connecticut family who brought Aaron to Addazio & the Gators were selfish and wrongheaded. Before all the garbage in his life rose, this was a troubled kid from Bristol. And he had one glorious thing with his Dad & brother: his athletic talent bonded him. HCRE was a good disciplined football mentor. There was the good at UConn.

Can't separate those feelings from my UCONN Football fanboy persona. I just think DJ and Edsall was a good prophylactic to the ugly.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

He was found hanging from a bedsheet attached to a window in his cell in Unit G-2 of the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center at about 3:05 a.m., the state Department of Correction said in a statement. The agency said Hernandez had tried to block the door to prevent officers from entering.

A prisoner advocate said hanging from a cell window is an unusual way for an inmate to kill himself at the Souza-Baranowski facility, which is designed to make suicide difficult.

Correction Department spokesman Christopher Fallon said there was no suicide note found during the initial search of the two-man cell Hernandez occupied alone. He was not on a suicide watch because he had not signaled he was at risk, Fallon said.

“If he had made any kind of statement, he would have not been in that unit,’’ Fallon said.

Aaron Hernandez found hanged in his prison cell - The Boston Globe
Yeah, I read that, I decided not to post it. How do you design a prison that has something that an inmate can attach a sheet to, especially at a sufficient height to be able to hang himself from it?

There are other questions but I think that I'll spare the board the specifics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom