Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide | The Boneyard

Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My heart really goes out to DJ and his family. Gotta think he was glad to be back coaching in CT so it would be easier to visit his brother more. I remember that article awhile back saying he'd visit often. Just a real tough situation for him to deal with. Thoughts and prayers are with DJ and his family right now.

Reaction Score
My little brother died in November. He'd dealt with some terrible things and had taken a number of wrong turns. He died in a way which our culture views as shameful. I feel that shame, but I can only ever see him as the hilarious and frightfully intelligent little turd he was. I share DJ and the Hernandez family's pain. It doesn't get better, but the beautiful memories do get brighter.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I feel bad for what DJ has had to endure the last number of years. Terrible he's gone through it all, but he has handled everything so well. Wishing DJ continued success.

Reaction Score
Gotta be a tough realization that you just beat a double murder charge and still have next to no chance of ever coming out of prison. Feel bad for his family here, they've been through a lot already.

I'm sure he was reminded of that fact as this was taking place and upon his return. Tough for all the families involved. We live in a society with some strange priorities and yet 2 kids from the same environment turn out differently. He clearly had issues that weren't addressed early enough that football success alone couldn't solve. Maybe DJ can give insight when he's ready and other programs can use them as teaching tools.

Reaction Score
A theory going around that the reason AH killed himself is because of the guilt of the not guilty verdict he just received for the double homicide.

The motive for the Odin LLoyd murder (the one which he was in prison for) was to keep Lloyd from talking about the double homicide AH was just found not guilty for. Upon being found not guilty AH probably realized how pointless the Lloyd murder was as he would have been found not guilty for the double homicide. Basically killed him for nothing.

Reaction Score
A theory going around that the reason AH killed himself is because of the guilt of the not guilty verdict he just received for the double homicide.

The motive for the Odin LLoyd murder (the one which he was in prison for) was to keep Lloyd from talking about the double homicide AH was just found not guilty for. Upon being found not guilty AH probably realized how pointless the Lloyd murder was as he would have been found not guilty for the double homicide. Basically killed him for nothing.

Kind of tough to rationalize this theory because if Odin Lloyd had not been murdered, he would have been the key witness in this double murder trial assuming the motive theories were accurate. You have to feel for the Hernandez family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

There was an analyst on TV that stated that ,in a number of cases, after legal proceedings end depression sets in. The end of the proceedings creates a finality and the realization that this is real and your life is prison. If this is a case of depression, I'm sure looking at his four year old daughter in court and realizing he won't be there for her didn't help.

Reaction Score
Really makes no sense. Why be so hyper vigilant and engaged in court day after day for years, finally be acquitted for part of it, and then do this? Some sort of reality that was blocked out all of this time must have finally hit.

Reaction Score
I got a little emotional reading this. Unbelievable how horribly wrong it all went for him. "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent." Thoughts and prayers to DJ.

Reaction Score

Makes a lot of sense - good insight.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
My little brother died in November. He'd dealt with some terrible things and had taken a number of wrong turns. He died in a way which our culture views as shameful. I feel that shame, but I can only ever see him as the hilarious and frightfully intelligent little turd he was. I share DJ and the Hernandez family's pain. It doesn't get better, but the beautiful memories do get brighter.

I am very sorry to hear about your terrible loss. I do hope that things get better with time and support.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom